• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is highly unlikely to be a Demon Souls 2 anyways.

Most importantly, how would From develop both Demon Souls 2 and Dark Souls III while innovating both franchises, differentiating both products, and not saturating the market? The answer is they can't.

This is a spiritual successor and a new Shadow Tower makes more sense. Would also follow the historical precedent set by From's past works.

Agreed, it makes more sense to me that this is either a new Shadow Tower game, or a new series entirely.

I suck ass at dark soul series, and I just did not like the second game

But still I really like how this looks.

I kinda hope this is different from the souls games because I'm really feeling that art style

Mr.Mike

So.... there's a shotgun, a whip, and some sort of handsaw weapon? The material on the cloak looks pretty interesting to me. Like some sort of fresh animal hide... hmm...

When the first leaks came out I though that the game might have more of a ' hunting beasts' vibe, rather than the whole 'souls' thing. Now it certainly looks like it still has a bunch of 'souls' stuff, since they still have those ghost doors and demon looking things, but who knows...

z1ggy

I like that the fog wall have "souls" in them. Froms art style keep delivering. Wish Dark Souls II had something like this.

cebri.one

ibtdJkgHKvyRbc.gif

Haha, perfect.

@raoh you should play at least DS1, is a very good game. ;D

WOW finally something amazing. Notice how his cloak gets covered in the blood of his victims as he progresses?

Movement looks great, the cloth physics, the environment, man this better be a June 9 release date right after E3. Give me 66 bosses, Miyazaki. 66 bosses in 66 eyebusting locations.

edit: fog wall ghosts is very cool touch

yep. wanted it to be an e3 moment. imagine leaking kh3.

Egh, it quells the impatient and it doesn't deter from the hype. We will still get to see the whole thing at E3, in good quality which will be so much better. If anything, it increases the hype for Sony's conference, especially with so many people having low expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom