• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "The Last of Us" Trailer

V_Ben

Banned
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/15/the-last-of-us-new-trailer-new-ellie

Sure, there's been the occasional quote here and there, but developer Naughty Dog has been really quiet about The Last of Us, it's first non-Uncharted PlayStation 3 game. Months ago, we met survivors Joel and Ellie as they battled infected humans turned monsters, but then, the game went dark. Today, Naughty Dog is ready to reveal a new cutscene from the game and answer some questions -- like why the studio already tweaked Ellie's design. Take a look at the trailer below and IGN's Rewind Theater. Then, check back in a bit for a Q&A session with the folks behind the game.

This was part of what Game Informer saw for their cover story a while back I think.

Youtube? You got it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShP5xn9Tz90&hd=1

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
LOOKS SO GOOD.

I'll be buying a PS3 for this game, likely.

jett

D-Member
That cut-scene has more flair and style than the ones in the Uncharted games. ND really is at the top of pack when it comes to this kind of thing.

WOW. That gave me goosebumps. Loved it, so good. Yeah, this game is going to be amazing. I can't wait to play it whenever it comes out.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pretty cool cutscene, I'm ready to see some straight up footage though. Good thing E3 is just around the corner.

UrbanRats

Didn't do much for me, but the graphics are impressive. (although i doubt they're ingame)

Also, the new Ellie's model looks weird.

That cut-scene has more flair and style than the ones in the Uncharted games. ND really is at the top of pack when it comes to this kind of thing.

First thing I noticed too. I hope this isn't just extra stuff added to the FMVs and we'll see these changes on the actual game itself.

Levyne

Banned
Ellie must have been through a lot of crap if the only thing she mutters when a bus is on a collision course is "oh, not good!"

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ellie must have been through a lot of crap if the only thing she mutters when a bus is on a collision course is "oh, not good!"
Heh, I thought it was funny. I took it as somewhere between quirky humor and dry humor.

How many spoilers in that cut scene? Will I regret watching?

There's a Nathan Drake cameo, u better not watch.

None

I was wondering if they would change the appearance of Ellie cause she looked so much like Ellen Page. Seems like they did.
Looks the same to me.

novaimagemy3l3s.png

I'll have a feeling we'll see the gameplay demo at E3 for what happens after that cutscene ended. Can't wait.

Imagine what ND could do on next gen....?

AngryMoth

Nice trailer, very interested but I won't be sold until I see gameplay. I just really hope it doesn't rely too heavily on uncharted style shootouts (looks like one is about to happen immediately after the cut here).

Top Bottom