• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute...

pNJRip6.png

This?

Husband is sharing the grandfathered plan with me, and he's an authorized user on my Amazon credit card. Looks like it worked? Or does it actually need to say Prime?

My card has that title but the details view only says I get 3% back, with no "Learn how to get this to be 5%"

sangreal

This is what my SM from Chase said:

Eligible Prime memberships only apply to Amazon.com accounts (and not accounts on any other affiliated websites outside the U.S.) and may include, in Amazon's sole discretion: annual and monthly Amazon Prime subscriptions and members of their Amazon Household (excluding Amazon Prime Video and invited guests of an Amazon Prime account), Amazon Prime Fresh, Amazon Family, Amazon Prime Student and trial memberships of Amazon Prime. Each member of an Amazon Household with an eligible Prime membership is considered to have an eligible Prime membership in their own right.

That blue card is the 3% one. The 5% one is gray and it says Prime on it.

I'm actually going to get my own Prime membership so I can get the card. Currently on a family plan with my sister as the main account holder. If you spend over $2,000 on amazon a year the card will start paying for itself. Last year I spent over 5,000 so it seems like a no brainer.

Actually, you also get a $70 gift card for signing up, so that practically almost pays for the first year of membership.

ColdPizza

Banned
When my wife called they said the card was already on the way before she even called. Wouldn't hurt to call customer service and see if one is coming or not. Worked out as well, as we got it as our first credit card like 3 years ago with a $500 credit limit which we were able to increase to $2500 and they're putting in a request to lower the APR as well.

Before I realized I was already upgraded, I called this morning to ask for an upgrade and the CSR said I would have to apply for the new card and close the old one. He had absolutely no clue what he was talking about.

Zoe

This is what it says on eligibility:

Eligible Prime membership only apply to Amazon.com accounts (and not accounts on any other affiliated websites outside the U.S.) and may include, in Amazon's sole discretion:

Annual and monthly Amazon Prime subscriptions and members of their Amazon Household (excluding Amazon Prime Video and invited guests of an Amazon Prime account)
Amazon Prime Fresh
Amazon Family
Amazon Prime Student
Trial memberships of Amazon Prime

So maybe it works for non-grandfathered plans?

ColdPizza

Banned
That blue card is the 3% one. The 5% one is gray and it says Prime on it.

I'm actually going to get my own Prime membership so I can get the card. Currently on a family plan with my sister as the main account holder. If you spend over $2,000 on amazon a year the card will start paying for itself. Last year I spent over 5,000 so it seems like a no brainer.

Actually, you also get a $70 gift card for signing up, so that practically almost pays for the first year of membership.

There's no annual fee so the card is already paid for?

kaskade

3% Back or 5% Back is earned only on purchases made at Amazon.com (including digital downloads, Amazon.com Gift Cards, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon Prime subscriptions, and items sold by third-party merchants through Amazon.com’s marketplace).

Ok, so you just have to use the card on Amazon, I thought it had to be fulfilled by amazon to get the 5%.

Are we getting those nice new cards in the mail too?

Definitely. This is what I do currently. Most of my shopping is done through Amazon. Bought a ton of Christmas presents just through my points I earned last year. This will be even better this year. If you are paying off your balance every month I don't see a downside to using this card when you are already on Amazon all the time as a Prime member.

Yes. As long as you don't pay any interest on it. You are good to use the credit as debit.

That is basically what I did. I treat my credit card as basically a debit card. The past two years, I had saved up $500 on cash back.

Thanks everyone.

Kaladin

With 5% cash back automatically on all Amazon purchases, I will now be putting all Amazon purchases through my Amazon Visa instead of my Discover. Discover was the default because I'd often get 5% through their seasonal things, but now I don't have to use that.

Awesome, I use my Amazon card for everything. The amount of Amazon credit I collected basically payed for Christmas gifts this year. Bump that up another 2%, i'll take it.

Am I going to get the new card sent to me automatically or do I need to request it somehow? My current one is beat to hell anyways

ColdPizza

Banned
Anyone who says their card is 5% back actually make a purchase today? Curious if the 5% is going to show up on Chase's side of things once the charge clears "Pending"

LogicStep

I have the PlayStation card that gives me Sony Rewards points that I use to get PSN credit. This is a better deal isn't it? Since it's basically the same except I can use the rewards on anything on Amazon (like PSN credit or Steam credit or anything else)?

reKon

Banned
looks like I'm going to also be making more Amazon Pantry purchases. I've accumulated like $15 in credit from the past week with this no rush shipping option, lol. Amazon killing them grocery stores...

muu

Too bad it's 5% cash back and not 5 point chase UR per dollar. Flying on Southwest the UR points are worth at least 1.5cents on the dollar w/o compromising for bottom-dollar flights.

Arkeband

Banned
I have the PlayStation card that gives me Sony Rewards points that I use to get PSN credit. This is a better deal isn't it? Since it's basically the same except I can use the rewards on anything on Amazon (like PSN credit or Steam credit or anything else)?

...yes.

Ha, was just thinking of closing this account since I got the Sapphire Reserve.

Chase has been doing really good lately with their cards, I'm happy.

Don't close your credit cards, especially if you've had them for a long time with no issue.

Oops I meant just letting it gather dust for the most part. My other cards have much better rewards.

And I think everyone will be upgraded? I don't see the old card on the site anymore.

edit: nope nevermind it's still there.

malfcn

Are the points only redeemable at Amazon?

Can I still redeem points for cash back, gift cards and travel?
Yes, you can also redeem points for cash back, gift cards, and travel. Visit chase.com/amazonrewards to learn more.

Hmm. I have a regular freedom card. Maybe I should switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom