• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the starting roster of ARMS revealed, which character is your favorite DESIGN?

Favorite ARMS character design?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I feel like Barq really got screwed in the poll because he's dragged down by his partner. Byte is just a mess. One of the most unnecessarily busy designs. I looked away for a second and I already forgot what he looks like, particularly the disaster area that is his face. Everything that was done right with Barq was done wrong with Byte. He's even got the badge logo that says "this is how you can tell I'm supposed to be a cop".

I think you're projecting a fair amount. There's nothing busy about either Barq or Byte. He's a robot. They can't all look like G1 Transformers where they're just solid colored boxes

Speely

Banned
Twintelle Alt (can't get a good shot of this one yet, sorry.)

hKuUdMD.jpg

Neiteio

I think this is still my favorite piece of concept art.

It'd be cool if the game had art galleries, but barring that, I'll take a hardcover art book.

2tqNf.jpg

Neiteio

Been listening to the character themes in the trailers (linked in the OP), and I think Master Mummy's theme might be my favorite, although I also really like the themes to Kid Cobra, Helix and Twintelle.

I went through the songs and its good to see that I found most of them enjoyable but Ribbon Girl's easily stands out as the one I find the most catchy.
Two songs that kind of bother me though are Master Mummy's and Mechanica's, not in terms of the actual songs being good or not but more that I'm not really sure I feel the connection between the song and the character and/or the stage.

Neiteio

Now that we have a couple rounds of the Testpunch under our belts, is anyone warming up to characters that weren't really on their radar before?

Ribbon Girl is a blast. I keep playing her because her air-game and dive-kick is so good, but her style and charm has really grown on me as well.

Here are some gratuitous butt shots I took in handheld mode (actually intended as shots of her shoes, but whatevs):

2017052708581100-412etgox3.jpg

2017052708581101-412ex7qju.jpg

2017052708581102-412ejkqkd.jpg

2017052708581200-412e9ep3p.jpg

2017052708581201-412ekvps0.jpg

2017052708581202-412ehtqqi.jpg

2017052708581203-412eqjqi7.jpg

Neiteio

And here are my Min Min alt color shots, preserved here so they don't get lost in the Testpunch thread.

Currently, Min Min and Ribbon Girl are probably my favorite to play.

2017052708240301-412e2wsbb.jpg

2017052708240401-412e05sz1.jpg

2017052708240405-412ebcsf2.jpg

2017052708261203-412eydsx0.jpg

2017052708261301-412e9os77.jpg

2017052621065600-412erhsse.jpg

2017052621065700-412eumspk.jpg

Neiteio

He might be low in the polls, but Master Mummy sure seems popular in the Testpunch.

A skilled Master Mummy player makes for a formidable foe! :-O

Neiteio

I went through the songs and its good to see that I found most of them enjoyable but Ribbon Girl's easily stands out as the one I find the most catchy.
Two songs that kind of bother me though are Master Mummy's and Mechanica's, not in terms of the actual songs being good or not but more that I'm not really sure I feel the connection between the song and the character and/or the stage.
Helix's theme makes DNA Lab one of my favorite stages to play. Spring Man's theme in Spring Stadium also gets me pumped. Both are stuck in my head after Round 4 of the Testpunch!

The more I play test-punch, the more I find myself liking Mechanica. I mean, I already liked her but she's starting to overshadow Min min for me :p

phanphare

Banned
I'm struggling so hard to pick the color. I dunno why they made it so obtuse to change colors, unless I'm completely doing it wrong.

you just click the left stick in while pushing it in one of the four main directions and then press a

each direction corresponds with a specific alt with up (I think) being the main costume

Some Nobody

I feel like you should ask again, but take Twintelle out because she's the most logical answer. I mean: she's thicc, but she's also appealing to my love for oujo-sama type characters, plus...c'mon. She stops time. She's clearly a JoJo character that wandered into the Nintendo world, lol.

So after her, I'm actually a big fan of Byte and Barq. That's a cute design. Then Ribbon Girl and Min Min tie for 3rd.

Neiteio

I can't get enough of how good this game looks. The character design, arenas, overall art direction and image quality is so good.

Neiteio

Now that ARMS has been out for a couple weeks, what is your favorite character?

I've definitely gone back to Ribbon Girl. Barely touched Byte & Barq despite voting for them in the polls.

Ribbon Girl was the character that caught my eye of the original five, so it's fitting she's the one whose gameplay and design I've come to like best (at this early stage in the game, at least).

It's a joy to fight with and against all of these characters, though. Not a weak design in the lot. All of them have wonderful designs. Looking forward to Max Brass next!

Now that ARMS has been out for a couple weeks, what is your favorite character?

I've definitely gone back to Ribbon Girl. Barely touched Byte & Barq despite voting for them in the polls.

Ribbon Girl was the character that caught my eye of the original five, so it's fitting she's the one whose gameplay and design I've come to like best (at this early stage in the game, at least).

It's a joy to fight with and against all of these characters, though. Not a weak design in the lot. All of them have wonderful designs. Looking forward to Max Brass next!

I still like MinMin but I feel like I'm going to end up playing Mechanica, who's grown on me both in design and play. I guess the abundant amount of Ramen girls also kind of makes me feel that by going the Mechanica route I'm adding a little bit of variety to the matches :3

Top Bottom