• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

TMHVQug.gif

Drain makes me want to rob someone. Someone needs to rap on this one day.

I despise the trend of altering releases. Lamar's Damn has two different versions. One of them sounds inferior imo, it has different intros to certain songs, the addition of the Carl intro/outro in Fear, and possibly some different EQ'ing (unsure about this one). KTT has an overview of some of the observed differences.

The version I heard on the radio is the best version, yet some of the physical releases have now been updated to match the changes. Stop George Lucas'ing albums ffs.
You looking at it wrong. I got an unopened collector's edition 🙏

This new Algiers record that found its way out is really nice.

In case you don't know, Algiers is an American band whose music is this mix of punk, gospel, and more straight-forward rock. Their self-titled debut was really nice (listen here), and was a bit less polished than what I'm hearing on this new record. That lack of polish isn't a bad thing though, because it made the songs feel a bit more raw and powerful.

Check the old album out, and if you like it, the new one is floating around.

thabiz

The only record you need to be checking out right now is the Will Sessions.

And the new Algiers is way too polished. Much prefered the first record.

No one song has quite grabbed me yet, but I'm starting to gel with everything more easily. I'm also starting to distinguish their voices :lol I may listen to some random singles too.

Yeah, it took me a while to differentiate between the rappers, Lord Infamous is tricky as hell since he has so many deliveries.

Nibel

Haven't watched it fully yet. And ohh, AK was on Brilliant Idiots a few days ago, lol. How did I miss that, I listen to BI regularly.

The funny thing is everything Charlamagne said to Akademiks about Joe was on fucking point and this episode proves it

HiiiLife

New Buddy tape is dope.

Didn't know this dude was on Pharrells label.

Holy shit I've been out the loop with this Snoop artwork. Saving this too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Numb

You are not supposed to check real names
There's a reason why Biggie and snoop are called that

Although I do like Nicki's real name more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom