• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

duckroll

Are you sure it wouldn't be the opposite here?

Usually a game would have you play a 1-3 hour linear section and then transition into an open world instead of the opposite.

Wake up in a hospital, go through learning how to do all your basic tutorial like things like crawling, using melee, and finding your first gun, introduce various characters, and then land in the open world after escaping.

MGS5 isn't going to be set in a hospital. The entire thing is an elaborate troll. :p

Gui_PT

This is team CG:
v1wOwJn.gif

fuzzyset

That's because he isn't talking to someone. It's. All. CG.

Although, I'm still on the fence. I want it to be CG but I think it's not.

Title of the GT video is: "The evasive CEO of Moby Dick Studios causes a very animated Geoff Keighley to reveal The Phantom Pain is running on the FOX Engine!"

GT pun?

Oh, Bertie.
Bertie Senior Staff Writer, Eurogamer.net 1 hour ago
@Cjail If he's an actor, why is Keighley never in the same frame? Reply -7 - +

@Bertie I hope you are joking?! Reply +4 - +

the-almost-certainly-computer-rendered bandaged head of Joakim Mogren

Just no.
Reply +7 - +

Almost-certainly-computer-rendered bandaged head of Joakim Mogren

And with just one sentence Eurogamer likened itself as being the Daily Sport of the videogame press. Reply +7 - +

Bertie Senior Staff Writer, Eurogamer.net 28 minutes ago
@hesido Oh dear am I missing something very obvious? Reply -2 - +
Bertie Senior Staff Writer, Eurogamer.net 27 minutes ago
@firehazard I have? Blimey. I'm clearly being a big idiot here - can you spell out what I've done that's so wrong? Reply -3 - +

firehazard 14 minutes ago
@Bertie You know when a media outlet posing as a news source makes a sweeping statement originated from baseless rumour and speculation rather than reporting actual fact? That's what you did there. Reply 0 - +

Bertie Senior Staff Writer, Eurogamer.net 12 minutes ago
@firehazard Right. I meant the where-does-it-say-otherwise part of what I've done wrong. I'm happy to update it - I want to update it - but I genuinely believed the Mogren thing was thought to be CGI. That's obviously wrong but I'm trying to find a source to tell me that.

joakimflashzczdh.gif

• ambient light reflection on the right is likely caused by portable light reflector often used in these kind of interviews.

• flesh sticking together in the left corner of mouth as he opens it

• self shadowing on teeth? Don't think so

• various ambient coloured hues on bandages as the head moves

• skin imperfections and contortions that are rarely seen in even the highest quality tech demos -- see: recent Nvidia demo. Pay attention to protrusion of larynx / subglottis as he speaks.

• skin discolouration caused by differing blood flow at the anterior border of the eyelid, and around the medial angle of the eye. Very rarely accurately textured for in CG.

This really only looks odd because his eyes are pulled by the bandages and its a very dark set.

TEAM REAL.

Entire team CG camp is bonkers.

ekim

joakimflashzczdh.gif

• ambient light reflection on the right is likely caused by portable light reflector often used in these kind of interviews.

• flesh sticking together in the left corner of mouth as he opens it

• self shadowing on teeth? Don't think so

• various ambient coloured hues on bandages as the head moves

• skin imperfections and contortions that are rarely seen in even the highest quality tech demos -- see: recent Nvidia demo. Pay attention to protrusion of larynx / subglottis as he speaks.

• skin discolouration caused by differing blood flow at the anterior border of the eyelid, and around the medial angle of the eye. Very rarely accurately textured for in CG.

This really only looks odd because his eyes are pulled by the bandages and its a very dark set.

TEAM REAL.

good post!

Az

The head and body are real, a person bandaged. But the eye sockets and mouth were lined with motion capture markings, with CGI later applied over the top. So the body, head shape, and bandages are all real, but the eyes and mouth are overlayed CG.

Truth.

Mabye I am missing the sarcasm or are you changing your stance? Suprising, especially how vocal you were.

Fireblend

Banned
Who in their right mind would think this is CG?
KuGsj.gif

If it turned out to be CG I'd be too busy trying to pick up my jaw to regret saying these words.

Kyoufu

Who in their right mind would think this is CG?
KuGsj.gif

If it turned out to be CG I'd be too busy trying to pick up my jaw to regret saying these words.

At first I thought it would be fun if it was CG. It did look odd after all.

Then after all the insults thrown by naysayers I'm just hoping it's CG so I can call them all out.

Derrick01

Banned
I thought it was CG at first but honestly I don't know now. Half the time it seems like it's CG and then it'll look real in the next frame.

We need a #TeamIndecisive

Persona86

Banned
joakimflashzczdh.gif

TEAM REAL.

• The problem with that is that the shadow flicker is ONLY on the bandages, which is impossible, when the lips stick out like that, and there is no change in the eye reflection.

aganu

As far as everything goes, this thread is "mission accomplished" for Kojima, generated lots of hype and discussion on what seems to be the exact topic he'll be covering at GDC: photorealism using the Fox engine. Kojima is cool.

duckroll

I thought it was CG at first but honestly I don't know now. Half the time it seems like it's CG and then it'll look real in the next frame.

We need a #TeamIndecisive

I deliberately decided against having a joke/halfassed third option, this way only the most determined people will bother voting! (and risk getting shamed next week!)

Top Bottom