• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant shrimps invade America

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Apache

Banned
Bubba said:
Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

With these, crawfish and nutria, we are being surrounded by edible invasive creatures on the Gulf Coast. Time to get hungry.

Trevelyon

tumblr_lsgkmrNfJc1qh2oyio1_500.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Gonna need a bigger bowel for the cocktail sauce.

*Frysquint.jpg*

Also if they're in the gulf coast, are they really safe to eat given the BP oil spill and yadda yadda yadda? Most fishes are starting to show signs of unhealthy shit from that spill. :/

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Remember: The bigger they are, the more toxic they are.

Venfayth

I don't like "shrimps" as a plural of shrimp. I feel like it needs to be "shrimpen" or something.

edit: oh shit, it's just shrimp isn't it? fuck this thread for confusing me

noah111

Still Alive
Shrimps are some of the nastiest looking pieces of shit i've seen people eat regularly. HOWWWW. Fish in general, too.

Fuck anything that comes outta the sea, yo.

Nizz

Shrimps are some of the nastiest looking pieces of shit i've seen people eat regularly. HOWWWW. Fish in general, too.

Fuck anything that comes outta the sea, yo.
No, no my friend. Shrimp are delicious. Grouper is great too. My brother went fishing out on a boat for his b-day and brought back a bunch of Grouper. That fish is super white and breaded with some cajun style bread crumbs? Damn. :)

Again, it's the preparation here that looks nice. But if you look at them, I mean really look at them, you'll see them as the creepy, curled up bottom-feeder insects they really are, with their scaly tails and shit-vein backs.

Of course they look fucking creepy when they're swimming around. Luckily I don't really get them that way on my plate.

I think you meant to say crab.

Crunchy little bastards.

Seriously though, some of these responses... I'm glad I have so few reservations when it comes to food. I'll try almost anything at least once, and if I limited myself based on what something looks like, I would never have discovered so many of my favorites!

You don't know crunchy deliciousness until you've had soft-shell crab. So good.

Seriously though, nothing crunchy about a good crab leg. Except the part you don't eat, that is.

We would set crab traps out every year, and usually managed to come away with a good haul of molting crabs. I'm no stranger to the awesomeness. <3

Dyno

Fry up them shrimp with spices and eat them, head and all.

That's right fools. A shimp head is crunchy and very tasty. If you fry them up the shell softens enough to eat them.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Grilled shrimp is pretty much the best thing ever. Grilled seafood, maybe some blackening spices.. Oh man. Fried is pretty good too, but I love me some grilled seafood

commedieu

Banned
Seafood and fish is way healthier than red meat

Is this technically still true? There are a lot of people, doctors and what not. Who have sworn off seafood due to the myriad of poisons in their system of recent...

I don't want to look into it, i'd still like to think its the better choice. But those guys can't be exactly wrong about it..

Cant imagine just eating veggies, fish is amazing.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Is this technically still true? There are a lot of people, doctors and what not. Who have sworn off seafood due to the myriad of poisons in their system of recent...

I don't want to look into it, i'd still like to think its the better choice. But those guys can't be exactly wrong about it..

Lets just stick with the best plan!

Steak and shrimp

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking

Depends on where the type of seafood, where it's caught, how it's raised if it's farmed. Farmed shrimp from Asia, which comprises the majority of the stuff you find in supermarkets, is shit, pumped full of plumping agents, and raised in ponds full of piscicides, antibiotics, suspected neurotoxicants, bleaching powder, and caustic soda.

Brannon

Don't let them into the Gulf Coast; the toxins will mutate them and then we'll be inundated with teenage mutant redneck skramps. Then Micheal Bay will make a movie about them and they'll all have moves that copy Sagat and it'll be a blockbuster which'll make lines in the movie popular for the next several weeks and we'll have to hear people say TIGER TIGER all day and Sagat will be the No.1 pick in every fighting game he's in and screw that, my Cammy can't handle a good Sagat so STOP THOSE SKRAMPS!

Or harvest them to extinction; we're pretty good at that.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Again, it's the preparation here that looks nice. But if you look at them, I mean really look at them, you'll see them as the creepy, curled up bottom-feeder insects they really are, with their scaly tails and shit-vein backs.

Shrimp aren't insects.

Obligatory:
V5l7V.jpg

They're a novelty, but odds are they don't taste as good as smaller shrimp.

With shellfish, the bigger (older) specimens usually have tougher meat.

Plus the fact that they're cannibals and feed on other shrimp means whatever bad stuff in the water that collects in the shrimp, is concentrated in these giant tiger shrimp.

I'd try one, but they don't look that appetizing. And I like shrimp enough to eat fried shrimp tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom