• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
H6tGk.jpg

Tuttosport are out of ideas lately.

Hello new ot!
Why hello there ;)

Mastadon

Banned
Torres, Miereles, Aquilani... OH WAIT!

Hey, you closer to a team yet? If you aint done by OT9, I'm adding you to the Liverpool list :p

Eh, £60m for Torres and Meireles wasn't exactly a bad bit of business. I'm just glad that we used that money to buy quali....

Oh.

Torres, Miereles, Aquilani... OH WAIT!

Hey, you closer to a team yet? If you aint done by OT9, I'm adding you to the Liverpool list :p

I would say at this point I'm probably closest to Arsenal. But I wouldn't mind being put on a list of Chelsea or Liverpool fans either.

Fintan

I'd laugh but then I know someone who switched from an Arsenal supporter to a Chelsea supporter after they started winning shit through le monies.
Ha, I know someone who switched from Man Utd to Chelsea after Chelsea won the league for the first time. To be fair he was 11 years old at the time.

I used to support Chelsea because of Zola (<3) then switched to Man Utd because they were the best team in the country at the time. :lol

I didn't really follow and support these teams though, so I decided I wanted to get into football more, and chose Arsenal!

Most of the remaining Chelsea fans used to support Sp*rs, so I guess that makes sense.

Fixed.

I used to support Chelsea because of Zola (<3) then switched to Man Utd because they were the best team in the country at the time. :lol

I didn't really follow and support these teams though, so I decided I wanted to get into football more, and chose Arsenal!

You're on the right path in life, son.

Carbonox

Should be a Newcastle supporter. No team has as much controversy and ups and downs as us. Plus we're underdogs! Never a dull moment.

Being an Arsenal fan will be season after season of no trophies so it's predictable and boring. Skip that shit unless you want to yell at clouds all your life.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Kozak, I hear Galatasaray are reluctant to shell out &#8364;13m for Melo....

Plans for a Turkish tattoo are on hold.

immy

Banned
I used to support Man U when I was a kid, then at 11 I realised that made me a massive dick as I live in the SE. Now support Reading!

sohois

I used to support Man U when I was a kid, then at 11 I realised that made me a massive dick as I live in the SE. Now support Reading!

I supported Reading for 3 years, except for last years Championship playoff final when I hoped that they would lose to Swansea.

It was pretty bizarre reading about Reading in the papers every week, it always seemed like they were doing terribly, only for the end of the season to roll around and suddenly they were in the playoffs.

Carbonox

what is that dude holding?

Looks like recorder or a phone. Probably wants the woman to take a picture of him and Mancini. ;P

Unrelated to this, I want to know what's happening with Tamas Kadar. He seems to be a staple in the Hungary national team now yet we aren't playing him at all. At 22 years of age as well, I'm very curious to know where he stands. You'd think he'd be first choice CB outside of Coloccini, Taylor and Williamson but he's being completely ignored and has been for a very long time where first team football is concerned.

Hopefully someone more in tune with our youngsters like Chriswok can answer this.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Did you guys see Saha's goal yesterday? Great strike from just outside the box.

Yep, great goal. We're good at shooting from distance.

I had to laugh at the hissy fit between JD and Bale yesterday. JD is a greedy manchild most of the time but it's a bit rich for Bale to have a pop when he's whacking them into Row Z from 25 yards rather than playing someone else in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom