• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizzy Caplan and Rick Okon to star in Das Boot sequel TV series

kswiston

http://variety.com/2017/film/global/rick-okon-lizzie-caplan-sky-das-boot-sequel-1202479418/

Rick Okon (“Tatort”) will captain the U-612 U-boat in the upcoming “Das Boot” series, with Lizzy Caplan (“Masters of Sex”), and August Wittgenstein (“The Crown”) also cast in the €25 million drama.

A 104-day shoot for the high-end series starts at end-August and will take in La Rochelle, Prague, Malta and Munich. Billed as a sequel to the 1981 film and Lothar-Günther Buchheim novel, the show will go out on Sky’s pay TV channels in Germany, Italy, and the U.K.

Other cast members include Vicky Krieps (“Colonia Dignidad”), Jonathan Zaccaϊ (“Robin Hood”), Leonard Scheicher (“Finsterworld”), Robert Stadlober (“Summer Storm”), Franz Dinda (“The Cloud”), and Stefan Konarske (“The Young Karl Marx”). German filmmaker Andreas Prochaska (“The Dark Valley”) will direct the eight-part series, which launches on Sky next fall.

The rest of the article is at the link

das-boot-beerfest-internal.jpg

But will there be a wink-wink Jurgen Prochnow refernce?

Well, this reminds me that I should actually watch the original at some point. I've heard about it for years and it was on tv a lot when I was young but I never actually sat down and watched it.

Well, this reminds me that I should actually watch the original at some point. I've heard about it for years and it was on tv a lot when I was young but I never actually sat down and watched it.

You should it's one of my most remembered series and i watched it when i was younger when it first aired in the UK. Am i wrong in saying that there is are two versions? One shorter than the other? Hmm, to the internet-mobile!... Yeah, there's a TV Series, a theatrical release and a whole slew of different edits of varying lengths.

I wonder if this will be a re-Boot or if it's just the story of another Boot and its crew.

I hope it's the latter but who can tell these days?

104 DAY shoot? Doesn't that seem exceedingly high for a 8 episode series?

I also wonder how much Lizzy Kaplan stars, if its a show about a submarine in WW2... I guess the land naval HQ bits, but shouldn't most of the show be on the sub?

Definitely a weird series to reboot/sequel/remake, but then again I said the same thing about Fargo and 12 Monkeys and both turned out to be terrific so what the fuck do I know.

This completely goes against the ethos of the narrative and I also fail to see how there could be a "sequel". Like ... the end of the film... um.

Liljagare

Season 2 is out.

I must say, this is one of the better WW2 dramas I've seen, giving me nostalgia of "We'll meet again" (I still remember the iconic opening with the B-17) from the 80's, and it portrays the extended stuff from the movie really well.

The Nazi actors do a good job of portraying them, the resistance fighters are excellent actors, it's just one of those shows where it all came together, loving it.

The U-boat captains are all extremely good, the crew.. aah, just a wonderfull show, hope it gets another season.

"War makes money, money makes war."

Top Bottom