• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya shits all over Kotaku

yeah. dude is racist as fuck, I can't see how anyone can still be defending his bullshit now. you can argue that the kotaku piece was dumb as hell, and you'd be spot on, but that doesn't excuse his xenophobic responses later on.

Durante

I'm still not sure if it's alright to work in games and not even recognize Steam, but "Do you eat shit" is amazing.

Kazerei

Banned
j9wwU.png

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/statu...7508285194633216&tw_e=details&tw_p=tweetembed

Yeah Kotaku definitely went for the sensational headline here: "The Guy Who Made Bayonetta Is Clueless about Valve and PC Gaming". Kamiya is right to be pissed that he got called "clueless"

I don't know, the man sounds like a total dick in those tweets.

Probably because:

1) Is not his call to port games to the PC.

2) He probably said already he dosn't care

3) he probably said alreay 1) and 2) a few times already.

He dosn't need to know what Steam is and he neither should care.

Jintor

It seems like he mostly gets the bullshit angry tweets from English-speaking people...

I think trying to micro-analyse a person's personality from their twitter posts is an exercise in futility in any case, but when you don't speak the other language they tweet in it gets preeeeeeetty dumb

Codeblue

If you had shown me that article without any context I would have guessed it came out of the Kotaku comments section. Insulting, low quality, vapid journalism and it got the appropriate response.

yeah. dude is racist as fuck, I can't see how anyone can still be defending his bullshit now. you can argue that the kotaku piece was dumb as hell, and you'd be spot on, but that doesn't excuse his xenophobic responses later on.

Right, "racist as fuck", when a gaming site claims to "explain a Japanese perspective" by making him look bad/insulting him, and he tells them that they are stupid foreigners who are wrong.

Also to the people that don't see what's offensive about "gaijin"... maybe it's not so much gaijin, but everything ATTACHED to it.

Not sure about you, but if I ever say "Those fucking foreigners" or the like, I'm certainly TRYING to be offensive to foreigners :p same thing with what Kamiya said.

2San

Butbutbut, this doesn't need to be a discussion about Kotaku's shameless "journalistic" standards!

I'm offended because he called people stupid fucking foreigners! THAT'S what needs to be discussed!
No the original discussion was about this is as well. It's Jett purposely only taking one part. I'm pretty disappointed with him(unless he didn't see the Kamiya tweets thread).

Duffyside

Banned
Lol at people praising this. Kotaku is shit but Kamiya looks like an idiot too with these responses. But lets continue calling him a hero and god.

Ok! I will!

(Though, more accurately, I'll continue treating him like the best damn developer since Miyamoto.)

watershed

Banned
Gaijin is not a slur but what he said was still mean. The truth is he gets a ton of stupid english tweets and he responds with equal parts stupidity and ridicule most of the time. Sometimes its hilarious though I can see how it can rub some people the wrong way. His tweets really aren't highbrow discussions and making an article out of them is a bit odd but maybe par for the course as well.

Riposte

It's considered rude, at the very least. And "fucking stupid foreigners" is quite xenophobic, no matter how you twist it.

Does it matter if he said it in a tweet that was basically respectfully saying goodnight to all english speaking readers except "some" fucking stupid foreigners or w/e?

Also am I on everyone's ignore list or something?

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc66/puppetofjenova/kotaku.jpg[IMG]

Obligatory...[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote="scitek, post: 46219745"]I always thought it was like the term "gringo."[/QUOTE]

A common word in my household... lol

Gemüsepizza;46219901 said:
Right, "racist as fuck", when a gaming site claims to "explain a Japanese perspective" by making him look bad/insulting him, and he tells them that they are stupid foreigners who are wrong.

I don't think anyone is saying Kotaku was correct in their amazing analysis of Japanese understanding PC culture.

The article read like "I'm an expert..."

but people who are foreigners to him were being stupid. Every label there is accurate!

this sounds like someone who gets treated badly by a latino and goes and says stupid fucking mexicans, its racist.

Instro

I'm not sure how else you would describe someone from another country writing a dumb article about a country they don't know anything about.

That's like the least offensive thing he said to the guy lol.

2San

but people who are foreigners to him were being stupid. Every label there is accurate!
So an immigrant does something stupid or steals something. You think it's ok to say;"stupid fucking foreigners."? He originally said it in Japanese for a reason.

Also to the people that don't see what's offensive about "gaijin"... maybe it's not so much gaijin, but everything ATTACHED to it.

Not sure about you, but if I ever say "Those fucking foreigners" or the like, I'm certainly TRYING to be offensive to foreigners :p same thing with what Kamiya said.

Because foreigners are the ones trolling him all the time. It was a call to that group of people not a racist comment. Even so, plenty of people ar egiving him enough reasons to be a racist, like those dead threats he received when the Bayo 2 announcement.

MechaX

Against my better judgment I decided to read the article. I seriously read it with an open mind too.

... No, the piece is just not good. Not only is the title of the piece truly sensational (and has absolutely no baring with the point the author is actually trying to make), the author makes some galactic leaps of logic ("Kamiya thinks this, there for this is entirely representative of the entirety of the Japanese developer community and no, I will not cite other concrete examples").

You guys can find it if you want to (it's in the other topic), but I do feel kinda bad for giving that article a click.

Because foreigners are the ones trolling him all the time. It was a call to that group of people not a racist comment. Even so, plenty of people ar egiving him enough reasons to be a racist, like those dead threats he received when the Bayo 2 announcement.

Thank you.

There's a thing called context, people. Even the guy that challenged him called him a pussy. Jesus.

Foffy

Banned
I fucking love Kamiya. He's on the right here. Even his stance on cloud gaming, something even the Kotaku article argued that he was dead wrong in. I don't see how his opinion, while honest and something shared by GAF regarding cloud gaming is regarded by Kotaku as "baffling to many in the Western world".

Then again it's Kotaku, so I don't feel bad for the mentally depraved who write for such a site.

Top Bottom