• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead Survival Instict Revealed

From the brief comments by the developers, it sounds like exactly what they're wanting to make is ZombiU. I could barely handle two zombies in that game at a time.

I'd love for this game to turn out good, and be another game along that style, but honestly, I hardly expect it.

If this game did turn out to be along this style and was decent, I'd be all over it. Maybe I should give it a more serious look.

See that is the problem. The game is out in like 8 days and we really don't know anything about it. It went gold.... So somebody has to know domething.

I just happen to look at this on Amazon and it's 37.49 for the WiiU and 360 version.... I think I'm going to preorder. Play as Darryl for $37? I think I'm in.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Why isn't the PS3 version the same price on amazon :\

sunnz

I don't why the game looks like this...

I look at Telltales TWD, that artstyle is somewhat perfect for what type of game it is.

I think if they went with a more realistic look in this game, it would have looked a lot more interesting.

But even that would have not been enough. Gameplay, features and the ideas just fall short and look/seem crap.

It looks very generic, these style of zombie games are what WE DO NOT WANT. It's games like these that actually annoy people when it comes to zombie.

Need a lot less crappy generic zombies games and more real survival zombie games.

Defiantly a bargain bin game.

When did it the price drop from $50 to $40? That's pretty cool. I wish it'd keep going...
3AQmK.gif

ezekial45

Banned
Very, very disappointed in Activision for pushing out the game so quickly. Apparently back when the game was first previewed by press, it was intended to be an early first look at the game, as the Terminal Reality guys said it needed much work to be done.

It's pretty disappointing it has turned out like this. The TR guys were super excited about working on this game. I would've like to have seen it out by October or so, in time for the season 4 premiere.

Krakn3Dfx

This seems like it's going to be awful based on the lack of hype from Activision or the developers. I'm 100% in favor of even a decent Walking Dead game w/ a crossbow, but I doubt this will even hit the "decent" mark given how much they've kept it under wraps.

Can't see these at work, anyone care to spoiler tag them in the thread?

Achievement list

Oedipal Complex 5
Complete the First Location
Sorry, Brother 10
Complete the First Act
Nobody Can Kill Merle but Merle 15
Complete the Second Act
Moving to the 'Burbs 20
Complete the Third Act
Get Out of Dodge 30
Complete the Final Marked Destination on the Map
Been Everywhere 50
Complete All Marked Destinations on the Map
On the Road Again 5
Explore an Unmarked Travel Location
Zig-Zagging All Over the Road 50
Explore 25 Unmarked Travel Locations
That's a Nice Swing You've Got 15
Kill Walkers Using Every Melee Weapon
They Know Me at the Range 15
Kill Walkers Using Every Ranged Weapon
Crash Course in Brain Surgery 25
Kill 100 Walkers while Grappling
Need More Spots Up Front 35
Dismember 250 Limbs
Now Don't You Get Bit! 30
Prevent 50 Walkers from Grabbing You
We Survive by Pulling Together 5
Recruit 1 Optional Survivor
Every Man, Woman and Child 30
Choose to Travel at Least Once with Every Optional Survivor
No Down Payments 30
Find Every Useable Vehicle
No Stone Left Unturned 50
Collect Every Stuffed Squirrel (1)
Good Samaritan 30
Complete 25 Optional Objectives
Not a Scratch 30
Complete a Marked Destination on the Map without Taking Any Damage
They're People, Too! 30
Complete a Marked Destination on the Map without Killing a Walker
You're Just Not My Type 10
Complete a Marked Destination on the Map without Being Grabbed by a Walker
I Can Handle This Myself 30
Enter Sherwood Without Any Survivors
Say Hello to My Little Friend 10
Complete a Marked Map Destination Using Only Firearms
True Dixon 25
Complete a Marked Destination on the Map Using Only the Crossbow
Sneak Attack 35
Perform Execution Kills on 50 Walkers
It's Gotta Be the Brain 45
Dismember All Limbs of 5 Walkers
Two Heads Are Better Than One 5
Kill Multiple Walkers with One Bullet
Have a Nice Trip! 20
Kill a Walker That Is Falling Due to Dismemberment
Mind if I Borrow This? 15
Pull a Bolt From a Walker Then Kill Them With It
Ooh, Shiny! 15
Distract 50 Walkers with Items
That Looks Like It Hurt 30
Restore Survivors 25 Times
Extreme Conditioning 10
Sprint Until You're Exhausted 10 Times in One Level
It's Not Venison, but It'll Do 10
Consume 50 MREs
Still Not Buying a Hybrid 10
Consume 250 Fuel
Duct Tape Can Fix Anything 10
Survive 5 Breakdowns
Next Step: Bullet Belt 15
Fire 300 Bullets
Down to My Last 15
Complete the Game with Only 1 Firearm and 1 Bullet Left in Your Inventory
Porcupine 15
Shoot a Walker with 10 Bolts without Killing It
Guys Night Out 20
Arrive at Final Destination with Only Male Survivors
Rosie the Rampager 20
Arrive at Final Destination with Only Female Survivors
The Missing 8 50
Find Every Poster
I Used to Be a Human Like You 5
Shoot a Walker in the Knee with a Bolt (10)
This Is How Hot Dogs Are Made 10
10 Walkers Killed with Saw Blades in the Logging Camp
BOOM! Who Needs a Headshot? 15
Kill 5 Walkers with One Explosion
Group Hug 5
Kill 4 Walkers in a Single Grapple Sequence
Need a Hand? 5
Prevent a Walker from Damaging You by Severing Its Attacking Limb

Also there are 3 10 point Secret Achievements

Jawmuncher

Very, very disappointed in Activision for pushing out the game so quickly. Apparently back when the game was first previewed by press, it was intended to be an early first look at the game, as the Terminal Reality guys said it needed much work to be done.

It's pretty disappointing it has turned out like this. The TR guys were super excited about working on this game. I would've like to have seen it out by October or so, in time for the season 4 premiere.

I agree if activision had given the TR guys some more time I'm sure it would have come out pretty well. I can't even understand why activision pushed them on such a short window. Then they wonder why it reviews low.

RobbieNick

I agree if activision had given the TR guys some more time I'm sure it would have come out pretty well. I can't even understand why activision pushed them on such a short window. Then they wonder why it reviews low.

While I don't think it's gonna be very good, we're jumping the gun here as there are no reviews yet.

Thanks for posting the achievements. Looking forward to this. Might be getting a review copy on 360 but will also try the Wii U version. Need this and Legos to give my Wii some action.

While I don't think it's gonna be very good, we're jumping the gun here as there are no reviews yet.
Yeah really. Keep your expectations in check obviously but Terminal Reality is a fairly competent developer, I'm willing to give them some benefit out of the doubt.

I so hope it is good. Then I can look forward to walking dead season 2 of tell tale, dead island riptide andstate of decay come out. Then maybe a nex gen sequel of this game or zombieu 2

sunnz

I so hope it is good. Then I can look forward to walking dead season 2 of tell tale, dead island riptide andstate of decay come out. Then maybe a nex gen sequel of this game or zombieu 2

Zombiu 2, were YOU are the zombie...

I do hope it is decent, but I just cant see it.

Stitch

Gold Member
Its weird that this game was officially cancelled on PC, but they are constantly updating the Steam database entry.

http://steamdb.info/app/220050/

Really not common for a cancelled game and unheard of for them to add purchasing options.

Was it really officially canceled? Eurogamer wrote that it was canceled but then removed the article.

Maybe it will just be released later. Zavvi says it will be released in April. But it also has GFWL on the cover lol
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/the-walking-dead-survival-instinct/10624724.html

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I don't why the game looks like this...

I look at Telltales TWD, that artstyle is somewhat perfect for what type of game it is.

The game is a sub license of the TV show, so needs to reflect the look/feel, characters and storyline of the show. There is likely no ability to do stylized comic book style without crossing the restrictions of their specific agreement.

Defiantly a bargain bin game.

It's Activision Minneapolis. It is supposed to be a bargain bin game.

ElRenoRaven

You know screw it. I'm going to take a chance. I liked the job they did on Ghostbusters and a few other games through the years. I'll be sure to give thoughts once I get it be they good or bad because I'm sure we'll be lucky if anyone else buys it. lol

LycanXIII

I want to see them play it on Talking Dead. Let them see what merchandise their work has spawned. :p

Well, Norman Reedus has it and is already playing it, but I don't think that makes it any better.

You know screw it. I'm going to take a chance. I liked the job they did on Ghostbusters and a few other games through the years. I'll be sure to give thoughts once I get it be they good or bad because I'm sure we'll be lucky if anyone else buys it. lol
I feel the same way. $40 for a new game isn't bad, and if I wait a week, I might be able to get it cheaper than that.

Same here. People are acting as though TR is incompetent; they're not at all. For a budget game I think this will be fun, I'm not expecting to get blown away by the graphics or anything.

Dueck

Banned

That's my logic. As long as there is something good to find in the game, I'll find it and probably enjoy myself. I liked Aliens: Colonial Marines...

Top Bottom