• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

SpaceWolf

Banned
? We're so getting one with Thor. It comes out in May, that's only 6 months after Thor. Most first trailers are 6 months out, then 3, then 1.

Oh! I thought Infinity War was coming out closer to the winter time.

I had no idea we were getting a trailer with Thor either. Seeing how they just wrapped filming for IW, I assumed we'd be getting a trailer much later.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Oh! I thought Infinity War was coming out closer to the winter time.

I had no idea we were getting a trailer with Thor either. Seeing how they just wrapped filming for IW, I assumed we'd be getting a trailer much later.
I think what's confusing people is that Black Panther is out in February. So most assume we won't get another Marvel movie until way later, but nope, only 3 months later, wooo!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought opening night tickets for Thor for a bunch of peeps in my studio (they are paying me back, I'm not THAT nice). Was surprised to see how many seats were already taken.

Supposedly Avengers Infinity War's teaser trailer is releasing next week, plus new spots for Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther.

Possibly a sketchy source, though.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Not sure we should expect more from an Infinity War teaser than a vaguely ominous Thanos voice-over and a handful of static shots of Marvel characters looking concerned.

I could see the initial teaser leaving out Thor, Hulk, and Loki.

The IW SDCC trailer would make sense as a post-credits scene for Thor Ragnarok, like Avengers’ for Cap TFA way back when.

Dalek

Remember how the first Avengers trailer was after the credits of Captain America? It would be great if they put the first Infinity War trailer after Thor: Ragnarok.

mreddie

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/netflix-marvel-the-defenders-least-viewed-series-debut-1202564402/

“Marvel’s The Defenders,” featuring the street-hero characters, was the least-watched Netflix Marvel original series premiere in the U.S. as measured over the first 30 days of viewership, according to an analysis by Jumpshot, a marketing-analytics firm.

For the comparison, Jumpshot created an index benchmarking each of the Netflix Marvel series against the top-viewed of the bunch, which was “Daredevil” season 2 in March 2016. Following its Aug. 18 premiere, “The Defenders” clocked in with just 17% of the viewership that “Daredevil” season two received in the first 30 days. The study looked at Netflix U.S. subs who watched at least one episode of each series.

Compared with “The Defenders,” the previous premieres of “Iron Fist,” “Luke Cage” and “Jessica Jones” performed relatively equally in the first 30 days, accounting for 28%, 27% and 26% of “Daredevil” season 2’s viewership, respectively. In addition to being the least-viewed of the group, “The Defenders” also had the largest week-over-week drop in viewership, declining by 67%, 48% and 41%, respectively, over the 30-day period, per Jumpshot.

Hmmmmm

Maybe back-to-school time lessened viewership?

More like Luke Cage and Iron Fist turned people off. I didn't finish Cage, Fist looked awful, and because of that I didn't feel like I could watch Defenders since I'd be missing background stories. I bet a lot of people were in the same boat.

More like Luke Cage and Iron Fist turned people off. I didn't finish Cage, Fist looked awful, and because of that I didn't feel like I could watch Defenders since I'd be missing background stories. I bet a lot of people were in the same boat.

According to the graph posted in the topic about this, view count went up from Luke Cage to Iron Fist, so that certainly didn't turn people off. You could argue Iron Fist did, but then I'd say any drop from that would be countered by those coming for the novelty of the group aspect, or even just Daredevil and Jessica's inclusion. As much as GAF wants to believe this is a result of show quality decline, there has to be a bigger factor involved to lead to this.

And of course, all of this is assuming Jumpshot is anywhere close to accurate.

Wasp on set.

21687527_512144735791655_7567111774222795548_n.jpg

SpaceWolf

Banned
So that suit is going to be final? Goddamnit. Always assumed it was just a prototype...strikes me as really ugly and colourless.

And yeah, the penis.

Scott Buck burning bridges with his budget running bullshit

I can WAIT for quality. We dont need Scott Buck tactics to push shit out faster

Stop it Marvel. This is only hurting your brand. Push Perlmutter and Loeb out please

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I sorta always thought Inhumans was always planned to just be a mini-series. The whole IMAX deal made it seem odd for there to be a season 2 that was just done for TV.

The music on the punisher trailer is too edgelord for me. Looks aiight though.

1. Netflix/marvel tv fatigue and/or over saturation.
2. WoM was bad and it fell flat.

So that suit is going to be final? Goddamnit. Always assumed it was just a prototype...strikes me as really ugly and colourless.

And yeah, the penis.

Thee OG ant man suit was the same, and in CW it was some cool ass anime shit. Give it time.

Top Bottom