• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Coincidence that cloughy dies and Arsenal never won a title since? I think not.

giphy.gif

DBT85

Random stat. Mou will attempt this year to be the most successful manager in the League Cups history by winning it 5 times. He currently ties the record with 4 times with Fergy and Clough.

None of the other 91 current league managers have even won it once.

haha.

Lashley

Random stat. Mou will attempt this year to be the most successful manager in the League Cups history by winning it 5 times. He currently ties the record with 4 times with Fergy and Clough.

None of the other 91 current league managers have even won it once.

haha.

Wait, Arsenal's never won the league cup?

EDIT: You're right. 92/93 was the last time

T-Rex.

Banned
Lol. I would not want that type of player though lol.O_O I thought Can is supposed to be professional enough to not bomba himself there.
Tbf he's always had an issue with concentration where he tends to switch off when he shouldn't. Also atm it seems like he's playing more for himself than the team cos he's been making some poor decisions going forward. Saying that, it's probably more a loss of form than him not being bothered, but since he's most likely going I don't want to give him the benefit of the doubt lmao.

I think it's more for the player he could be than the one he is right now. Still only 23 don't forget.

He's getting close to whatever ceiling tho. Physically, he's going to have 4-5 more years of peak fitness before the downturn starts. It's certainly possible though that his game is better suited for SerienA, though.

Or, we have a poorly constructed, top heavy roster and everyone from the midfield back is overexposed.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The games today seem pretty one sided. Real, Chelsea, United and City should win comfortably.

Juventus - Fiorentina might be more interesting.

I always said Rodgers signed dumb footballers. They were always physically impressive but had terrible footballing brains.

I get it though, you hope you can teach them to play smarter but you can't add much to their physical attributes. But with the way we play the whole team has to be switched on 100% of the time, or else it all falls apart.

Lashley

Luiz apparently broke his wrist in the game against us

That's from Roy Keane's book isn't it? What made you post that?

The things he had to say about Ipswich are great. He blamed it being a small sleepy town on his being a massive wank.

Saw it on twitter mate, it is from his book

The FA are a national embarrassment Jesus Christ. How the hell were there *multiple* allegations with one having "clear allegations of unprofessional behaviour" and he managed this long as manager? Just another, and almost certainly the most severe, example of terribleness that is the English FA.

And it's always awful to read/hear/see the people *EVEN RIGHT NOW* who are "reserving judgement" until they see this evidence that Sampson was a scumbag.

Credit to Alunko, Kick it Out and the rest but there's obviously a long, long way to go. How hard was it to believe a talented football wouldn't throw away her career if she wasn't seriously wronged?

Believe women. God damnit.

DBT85

Hmmm. The way the FA are wording this, it sounds like he abused someone.

Or at least was erring in that direction

"The Football Association can confirm that Mark Sampson's contract as England Women's Head Coach has been terminated with immediate effect.

"Prior to taking charge of the national team in December 2013, Mark was manager of Bristol Academy. In 2014, safeguarding allegations were made against him about his time with Bristol. The safeguarding assessment was that he did not pose a risk working in the game.

"However, the full report of that investigation was only brought to the attention of the current FA leadership last week and it is our judgement that it revealed clear evidence of inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour by a coach. It is on this basis that we have acted quickly to agree a termination of Mark's contract.

"In respect of investigations into specific allegations made by the Eniola Aluko in 2016, the FA stands by the findings of the independent barrister Katharine Newton's investigation. Mark Sampson has denied all of the accusations put to him and no evidence of wrong-doing was found. We will, continue to support the independent investigation as it reviews the recent evidence presented to it and publish and new findings and recommendations"

Nyx

Dutch Cup holders Vitesse lost in the 1st round of this years tournament, against an amateur team.

Cup football is best football.

DBT85

Mata and Martial so close.

Why did they put Man U v Burton on TV?
United Cup games always get higher ratings than anyone else. Also there might be a giant killing.

Something like the last 56 United fa cup matches have been on TV.

Top Bottom