• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Jeffrey

As someone that went between a pixel a s8+ and op5.

That 6gb ram is probably the real game changer. Jesus did my at&t s8+ reload shit often.

They should just drop the plus version of the Galaxy S from now on and replace it with the Note. The differences are so small now between the Note and S+ versions that releasing the former so much later in the year makes no sense.

Big Blue

I think I'm gonna keep my S7E until the 9 comes out. I really don't like rear fingerprint scanners and it's even worst when they're near the camera.

Jeffrey

Y'all just wait for resellers and Samsung themselves within a few months. Phone will be under $700 soon enough.

Probably not. It will still use Samsungs memory management to save battery.
Speed tests show the 6gb s8 holding apps better so its something.

Lol at the price. V30 or Mate 10 for me.
New rumors say full screen mate 10 will be only for pro so maybe be wary about that. V30 will be like $200 before Christmas.

So for the third time, my Nexus 5x got caught in a bootloop, and after going through tech support, they requested that I RMA the phone to them. I'm not really looking forward to going through this process again, so I'm thinking of buying something else that's a significant upgrade.

I'm leaning towards the LG G6, since it looks reasonably priced, but is there something else I should look into that would be a decent upgrade around the same price?

Google broke bluetooth AGAIN with the Oreo update.

Thank you based Google. Always there for the users with BT.

shock and awe.

Prices are leaking out:

Att: 950
Verizon: 960
TMobile: 930

🤔

Sprint $999

fuck me

Unless your a person that just has to have the S-Pen for some reason idk why you wouldn't just grab the S8+ instead for cheaper.

just have to have it.

it's like Andrew Martonik said in the Android Central preview... the rest of the industry has ceded the smartphone with stylus market to Samsung.

But Faceless tried to tell us it was gonna be mad awesome and super duper better than the S8+.

it is tho.

ZOONAMI

Anyone have experience with the moto projector mod? I'm kind of thinking about using a T-mobile jump on demand to grab the moto z and projector. It seems kind of cool. Problem is it seems like the z2 force is an inferior phone to the G6 I have right now. In some ways it always makes sense to grab these promos though as I can just sell the projector on Amazon and use another jump to the note or the iPhone.

$425 discount!?

HALLELUJAH

hrm... wonder how much the trade-in is on a Note 7... technically, they're legally supposed to offer full retail price since it was officially recalled...

ZOONAMI

So for the third time, my Nexus 5x got caught in a bootloop, and after going through tech support, they requested that I RMA the phone to them. I'm not really looking forward to going through this process again, so I'm thinking of buying something else that's a significant upgrade.

I'm leaning towards the LG G6, since it looks reasonably priced, but is there something else I should look into that would be a decent upgrade around the same price?

The G6 is an amazing phone (love mine). Same price range I'd be looking at a Huawei honor 8 or one plus 5 (make sure the lte bands you need are supported though no matter what you do).

Ty4on

They should just drop the plus version of the Galaxy S from now on and replace it with the Note. The differences are so small now between the Note and S+ versions that releasing the former so much later in the year makes no sense.
It functions as a half refresh too. Introducing new features like iris scanner and dual camera.

yo if i get this sub-$600 Note 8 i may have to name my firstborn daughter Samantha

This is bullshit, just name her Samsung amirite

Note 8 Hype

giphy.gif

All the hype was spent on the radical redesign of the S8 and S8+. Anyone who was expecting the Note 8 to be more than S with S-Pen was living in fantasyland. Note has been a bigger S with S-Pen since the Note 5.

Quasar

1000$ for phones. That still boggles my mind that there's a market for that. Well aside from phones made from luxury materials or with luxury fashion brand logos on em.

Especially given those folks are probably on a annual or faster upgrade cycle.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
They get props from me for rolling out the unlocked version with the carrier versions. It'll sell the least but some folks still want the option

1000$ for phones. That still boggles my mind that there's a market for that. Well aside from phones made from luxury materials or with luxury fashion brand logos on em.

least baller thing you can say

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
My turbo power pack mod came today! It feels so fucking great and my god, it's gonna be fucking 🔥🔥🔥🔥

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Evan Blass ‏Verified account @evleaks 1h hour ago

Google's second-generation Pixel handsets, powered by Snapdragon 836 SoC's, will be unveiled on October 5th.

TO6ljUZ.png

Mark calendars

Quixzlizx

Can someone explain why Google releases their phones after everyone has already bought their phone for the year? Is it just so they'll have a nice timed exclusive on new OS versions?

I ain't poor, and I'm on a 2 year cycle although the GOAT 4 has lasted me 3 years so I'm overdue for my upgrade.

gamma

Hey guys, a friend is looking for a new budget phone and asked me for help. Price range is 100-200€. Spec wise the main requirements are long lasting and, if possible, removable battery. A good camera would also be nice. I was looking at the new Moto E4 Plus which meets all the requirements. Do you have any other recommendations?

usctrojan

I'll be in on a pixel 2 this year. How soon after did they go on sale last year?

Edit: been sold but unlimited full rez picture storage on photos. So good.

I told you guys this stuff. Pyro getting no credit. Pixel should be out same time as last year if not a day earlier on Oct 19.

I heard the XL will be later, possibly beginning of November. Not sure if that's worldwide or just specific places. Two colours, black and panda style black and white I believe. 64/128gb storage sizes. 128 probably in low quantity.

Expecting a higher price for the XL than last year.

Etc

Blackhead

Redarse
I told you guys this stuff. Pyro getting no credit. Pixel should be out same time as last year if not a day earlier on Oct 19.

I heard the XL will be later, possibly beginning of November. Not sure if that's worldwide or just specific places. Two colours, black and panda style black and white I believe. 64/128gb storage sizes. 128 probably in low quantity.

Expecting a higher price for the XL than last year.

Etc

Higher than Note 8?

Jeffrey

Higher price hopefully means its not starting with a base option of 32gb lol.

Probably follow the Samsung strategy. Raise storage raise price

If 64GB is the minimum for Pixel 2, then I'll be fucking happy. I may actually get the 128GB as I'm about 80% full on my current 64GB (even though I don't think I'll hit the max, but you know).

Top Bottom