• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

AcridMeat

Banned
the ferry is easily the best way to cross the bay, you can't have a beer on BART. plus, the view from the water of SF from the east is one of my favorite views ever
The view coming in to the ferry building is one of the best definitely.

I've got some work craziness but I'm still game lesss gooo

Miletius

Would yall prefer a meetup in SF again or want to do one in the southbay for those that can't make it to SF?

I'm fairly equidistant so i'm ambivalent about the City versus SJ. I guess if I had to pick, slight pref on places that are reachable via BART or Caltrain, but I can also drive (and give rides) if need be.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I was legitimately surprised when my echo said there was an excessive heat wave warning. I had to ask again to make sure I heard it right lol.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426313

PMiCv3J.jpg

They were clamoring about it on various local news stations the whole last week.

XiaNaphryz

just goes to show how much I don't watch tv and laugh at how much i'm paying comcast.

The only time I really catch news is my short drive to and from the transit commute garage I use, so about 10-15 min of news radio each way. Usually long enough to catch the traffic report so I can laugh at everyone else's misfortune and then the weather update.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I need to get out of the South Bay.

It kinda smelled like garbage as I was driving through the 87 yesterday. 😥

XiaNaphryz

I need to get out of the South Bay.

It kinda smelled like garbage as I was driving through the 87 yesterday. ��

Milpitas landfill. It's called the armpit for a reason. On a hot day, if the winds are right, that smell carries far.

v1lla21

Milpitas landfill. It's called the armpit for a reason. On a hot day, if the winds are right, that smell carries far.
I live right next to Milpitas and I was working at the bestbuy in McCarthy ranch for a bit. I wish I could say you get used to the smell but you don't :(
Back when I lived in Los baños I got over the cow shit smell fast.

gazele

Banned
Fremont and Hayward get that smell too. As much as I miss living in my hometown, I don't miss that smell.

Honestly, living in Fremont til college I never smelled it there or even most of the time I was in Milpitas, but yeah, driving on 880 near Milpitas you need to have the AC only taking in air from inside the car

Honestly, living in Fremont til college I never smelled it there or even most of the time I was in Milpitas, but yeah, driving on 880 near Milpitas you need to have the AC only taking in air from inside the car

I smelled the landfill whenever it was hot while working down in Warm Springs. Don't miss that at all now that I'm in Walnut Creek....instead all I get is bad air from any potential fires up North >>.....

broz0rs

Anybody know when that Milpitas landfill will be filled up? That would open up more space for housing and possibly increase real estate values there.

XAL

The $100 Vornado fan I bought is saving my fucking life right now.

The brown out earlier in the day resulted in low power after the power went back on, my fan's output was lower and I feared the worst. Then the 30 min blackout happened, when the power came back on and my fan was fine I was so goddamn relieved.

Fuck this heat.

6:30 in the morning and my place hasn’t gotten cooler than 85 degrees......

The residual heat that buildings and asphalt store is a huge problem.

PsychBat!

Banned
jesus christ I survived the night. It was unbearable. My pillows were warm and my fans weren't doing shit. Had to get out of my room and go to the living room where it was at least cooler, woke up an hour later and I find out that I've been sweating. Luckily by that time, the temperature went down to the 70s so my room finally cooled down.

Stay cool everyone

AcridMeat

Banned
It's only supposed to be 98 where I am today, but yesterday everywhere I went had AC, now I have none.

5 minutes north of me is 107 holy fuck

v1lla21

Watched wind river and strolled around the great mall now I'm out here eating pizza lol but I really came for the beer.

Top Bottom