• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

I'm level 21 now. Still in chapter 1. I got "lucky" and ran into a Cactuar while I was out trying to recoup Gil. Like, I was kicking some Sabertusk ass, and then all of a sudden, I saw Noct drop into the Danger Zone.

I'm glad they went with the iconic design, as opposed to the FFXI one of a guy in a green suit and hammer pants.

olEudZe.gif

icespide

Banned
for the new page:

so I'm level 44 and just finished chapter 9. you guys think I could just power through till the end and ignore side quests?

Beat the game.

I feel like I should be able to understand what's happening in the last cutscene without having to read about it online having played for 30 hours, but I don't.

Whatever. Bromance was the only aspect if the story that mattered and was done well.

Ready for postgame.
These pictures in the credits aren't mine. Wtf.

Zakalwe

Banned
Ha, I just realised what "It absorbs the elemental properties of defeated foes" means.

You earn spell energy per kill depending on the enemy.

Not sure how I missed that for so long.

Just did the Hunt with 5 Coeurls while 5-7 levels below the suggested range. Ouch. Didn't want to escape so I used like 10 Phoenix Downs on Gladio and Noct(really like the tech where Gladio covers Noct with the shield and Noct then smashes a foe with it) after I ran out of Potions and the food buffs ended earlier than I thought.

I saw the Elder Coeurls Hunt when turning it in. No way am I coming back for another 15 levels.

What's the boss in the Mines weak to? Thinking about heading back there in a while.

Holy shit, what is the song playing during the credits?

Edit: oh dammit, it's Pirates of the Caribbean

There really should have been an option to go around saying goodbye to everyone.

Finished at level 42 with 33:02:39 BTW. Would upload certificate of completion, but I haven't been able to share anything on PS4 in the longest time without an unfixable error showing up.

for the new page:

so I'm level 44 and just finished chapter 9. you guys think I could just power through till the end and ignore side quests?

Absolutely, Noctis was level 40 when I beat the game and the other guys were around 37 / 38. You'll probably be around 50 when you get to the final boss.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
i wish there was a way to reliably scan enemy weaknesses without turning on wait mode

or better yet just make wait a button toggle

I commend your persistence. I do an almost-kinda-similar thing in Dragon Quest games where I save all the stat-boosting seeds until the final battles.

thanks!

hey all, i'm in a need of help. i don't know if it's a glitch or i'm missing some thing. but
i'm doing The Professor's Protege - Griffon : Obtain a Griffon Feather.

i follow the ! icon and it leads me to a eatery with hunting missions. i select the mission for the Griffon Feather beat it and weirdly the blue ! icon won't update/disappear.

and i obtained the feather by beating the hunting mission and tried to go see the professor but she won't take it. thinking i still haven't gone to the ! blue icon spot she marked for me originally.

anyone do this quest?

Ferr986

Post game spoiler, but this is driving me nuts, any tips for
Aranea not fucking getting bugged every time? Aevery time she appears to help it gets bugged and she never drops, and her airship stays there until a new loading screen.

Go to the resting room and travel back with Umbra to Cape Caem. ;)
That's gonna get annoying if it's anything like the last time
I used Umbra and the game just keeps defaulting to tracking the main quest whenever I finish a sidequest. I was hoping to get it off my quest log for good.

Anyone experienced the camera lock glitch and managed to fix it?!? I'm stuck in a room because I can't look at the doors and some genius decided to make the switches not exist unless you're looking at them. -_-

Tyaren

That's gonna get annoying if it's anything like the last time
I used Umbra and the game just keeps defaulting to tracking the main quest whenever I finish a sidequest. I was hoping to get it off my quest log for good.

As far as I remember it is handled differently. The game acknowledges that you actually beat the game. You did not simply warp back in time. Which is something that I hate in other games. You can of course again enter Insomnia and fight the end boss but you are meant to spent your time most of all in the open world now and are not urged to again complete the story.

How on earth do you find the jumbo flan? I'm in chapter 2. It says it only spawns at night, so I let the time change to night and then I run all the way out there....nothing. I abort and restart the quest THREE times and it's never there.

Some times I feel like this game is trying to waste my time. Why can't I fast travel back to my car on this quest? Why did I just run back and forth for no reason four fucking times?

Hobbes211

How on earth do you find the jumbo flan? I'm in chapter 2. It says it only spawns at night, so I let the time change to night and then I run all the way out there....nothing. I abort and restart the quest THREE times and it's never there.

Some times I feel like this game is trying to waste my time. Why can't I fast travel back to my car on this quest? Why did I just run back and forth for no reason four fucking times?

They don't spawn the minute it rolls over to night, usually a little bit later. Also, you can fast travel back when you press R3. The only reason I haven't been able to in the past is because I was in combat or doing an animation of some sort.

_Legacy_

I've seen night hunts glitch and not spawn at all. Save, close FFXV and restart, 100% worked for me.

Vitanimus

Does using a summon give an exp penalty? Just wondered since I feel like the game is pretty generous with how often it prompts me to summon.

There was an official Yusuke Naora artwork for the game featuring all the characters. I loved it and thought to make avatars out of it. Here are them. Feel free to use the one you desire.

Noct
2mCRO9n.png

Prompto
v8GzoJz.png

Ignis
hgVWZIs.png

Gladio
mQSo0Tn.png

Luna
JoOsuQP.png

Cor
0kgclm3.png

Aranea
CaLt7MW.png

Cindy
9knueqU.png

Ravus
zHxwqMx.png

Gentiana
y0vo44Q.png

How could I forget the GOAT avatar though.

Jared
85SjP8K.png

Jared 2
CDrpT4e.png

Where can I see the full artwork? His Prompto looks great! His Aranea looks interesting too (less like a Lightning lookalike).

Jared looks like my uncle, lol.

Althane

Cool, from how low level the story quests seem to be, it looks like I won't really need to level anymore probably.

Last boss is level.. .40 something? I think?

I pretty much rofflestomped him with 0 effort at level 62 (admittedly, the choice of accessories also made it really easy), so yeah, you should be good.

thanks!

hey all, i'm in a need of help. i don't know if it's a glitch or i'm missing some thing. but
i'm doing The Professor's Protege - Griffon : Obtain a Griffon Feather.

i follow the ! icon and it leads me to a eatery with hunting missions. i select the mission for the Griffon Feather beat it and weirdly the blue ! icon won't update/disappear.

and i obtained the feather by beating the hunting mission and tried to go see the professor but she won't take it. thinking i still haven't gone to the ! blue icon spot she marked for me originally.

anyone do this quest?

update; i just found out the feather drop is not 100% and to keep redoing the quest.

update; i just found out the feather drop is not 100% and to keep redoing the quest.
I think I had to do that quest like 8-10 times. Make sure you are using a food buff that gives 50% item drop boost. Not sure where is the recipe or how to get it, but Ignis can cook it when you camp, provided you have it.

Majmun

15 hours into the game and the combat system finally clicked with me. I'm having a lot of fun with the combat now.

I thought it was chaotic at first, but it can be very strategic.

Kingsglaive Luna looks so much better IMO

0TGmUM6.jpg
Have to agree she looks so pretty in that screen! Reminds me of someone :)

The issue is that she was inconsistent. Looked ugly, like a drug addict at times, while pretty at others.

Here is her actress. She is beautiful.

tumblr_inline_n4r4smlD8V1rlzgvv.jpg

Sonya Maltceva

Top Bottom