• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

my coworkers say my desk area is boring

DoomGyver

ht9L9Ps.jpg

Phu

Banned
Every day just bring a new cup and then leave it there. Repeat until they stop calling your desk boring.

My desk only has this:

0000466_star_wars_105_inch_darth_vader_dispenser.jpeg

Mostly because I have a corner cubicle with two giant monitors and a Mac Pro behind it. There's not really an area to decorate and the cubicle has hard walls and building management doesn't want you to nail or push pin anything on it so whatevs.

No one really stops by my desk anyway since we all use Slack so no one really cares how your desk looks like lol.

I don't have anything on my desk either, but I also don't really have room. It's such a fucking mess, and I don't ever see that changing.

I find the decorated desks really tacky. Like sure a pic of your family or dog is fine, but all that motivational shit is so fucking dumb.

Going overboard with toys is also really weird. Like maybe one? I dunno. I just don't see the point in any of it.

I have a couple of printed out quotes and XKCD comics on my cubicle wall at work, not because I wanted them to be there, but because I needed to cover up the coffee (at least I hope it's coffee) stains that were there.

Other than that, screw any form of desk personalization. I have no time for that.

Though I admit I could be the odd one on that. I have never decorated any of my apartments or my current townhouse, either. The walls are pristine.

Cardigan

I have a Fallout 3 bobblehead and a pic of my son on my desk. The bobblehead let's people know I'm a l33t gamer, and the pic shows I'm a decent family man

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I printed out some picture about how tech support doesn't magically know everything and pretty much a combination of clicking random buttons and googling to find the answer.

No one found that funny but me.

Top Bottom