• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

lol wtf where did this Watkins come from

One league I'm in has a matchup where Watkins is on one team and Gurley is on the other so it's a WASH

This is a dude whos won playoff games on the road on the way to a Super Bowl. He should be aware of home field advantage. Sidelining a guy because of a narrative about his performance on the road is lame. Play matchups and not narratives.
If you want to do that, go ahead. But him not doing much against the Browns, which is about as close to a plus matchup as you can get, says something

Getting stomped on by Gurley in one league and didn't start Garcon in the other (both PPR). Feels bad man

I was lucky enough to start Garcon in a PPR league, he's having a really quiet excellent day

I also started Rams defense in one tho and in another my opponent has Watkins and Hyde

mike6467

Schattenjäger;249625107 said:
Being evaluated for a concussion

Ugh, well at least it's not his foot/ankle, I had him two years ago and it was torture watching him go for broke and then sit out for 3 weeks.

ZoronMaro

Shit I regret not starting Hyde now, Gordon has a lot to live up to now.

But hey my man Gurley gave me some breathing room so it's all good.

Mortemis

Banned
Hyde did work for me but fucking Sammy Watkins was on the other team. 😭 Of all the weeks to do something you choose now. 😒

I hope hyde's injury isn't serious, but I figure we'll know more tomorrow. I don't know who i'll drop next week, but hopefully i'll be able to cuff Hyde with Breida next week

Jarnet87

Fucking started Kupp and left Watkins on the bench.

I started Kupp over Garcon thinking we were going to get another Thursday Night dud. Everyone but Kupp balled out lol. Will suck if I lose because of the move but hopefully I will survive despite the bad start or lose regardless of it. Have him in 2 leagues, dropped in one because I have good depth so I am cutting bait for now. As Watkins continues to emerge in the offense it's hard to roster or start a guy with confidence who only gets half the snaps.

Jarnet87

I hope hyde's injury isn't serious, but I figure we'll know more tomorrow. I don't know who i'll drop next week, but hopefully i'll be able to cuff Hyde with Breida next week

Tonight was a friendly reminder to all Hyde owners that you should be cuffing Breida. The odds are that Hyde will miss time at some point.

Kakaroach

Would you guys start Michael Thomas, Brandin Cooks, or JJ Nelson this week? I'm actually leaning Nelson even though he was limited in practice.

OozingZen

Neo Member
Would you guys start Michael Thomas, Brandin Cooks, or JJ Nelson this week? I'm actually leaning Nelson even though he was limited in practice.

I like Cooks. Thomas is going against Carolina, who I believe has the best defense in the league. I think Coleman or Fleener will get the majority of the targets. Nelson is boom or bust. Cooks had a down game last week because he was covered by Marshon Lattimore. I think he'll bounce back this week.

So who should I start in my RBs and Flex (I have Cooper and Green as my WRs atm)

I have Hunt, Gore, Carson, Howard, Coleman, Kamara. I also have Reshard Higgins I could put in my Flex as well. I'm staring at Todd Gurley slapping me around after last night.

Any thoughts? It's a standard league btw. Thanks.

Kakaroach

Thomas has a safe floor.

This

I wouldn't gamble on Nelson atm
Interesting, one of the fantasy footballers said Nelson was his start of the week but I didn't hear them talk about Thomas.

I like Cooks. Thomas is going against Carolina, who I believe has the best defense in the league. I think Coleman or Fleener will get the majority of the targets. Nelson is boom or bust. Cooks had a down game last week because he was covered by Marshon Lattimore. I think he'll bounce back this week.
Is Lattimore that good? I had no idea. That's interesting considering how good the Houston defense is looked.

Is Lattimore that good? I had no idea. That's interesting considering how good the Houston defense is looked.
Lattimore was the best man cover corner in the draft and looked really good at it at Ohio State.

Yeah he is good.. his biggest knock is he's not as athletic compared to his other counterpart in Gareon Conley from Ohio State and his health concerns.. otherwise, it was a good pick for New Orleans

Thomas's problem is the Saints Oline is mediocre at best. I still wouldn't trust Nelson over Thomas yet.

Tom Nook

Interesting, one of the fantasy footballers said Nelson was his start of the week but I didn't hear them talk about Thomas.

I doubt they would start Nelson over Thomas.

Top Bottom