• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

yami4ct

It makes the most sense to use only rem cards because if not every team would have d izanamis shield active 100% of the time for free.

We already know it's not only REM cards that can get skills transferred to since we've seen Super Gunma with A. Hades' active. Whether or not they can get their actives transferred is the million dollar question. If I had to bet is that non-REM cards can transfer, but only those with Ults.

The DIza active wouldn't be free anyway since you'd also reset the CD on whatever active the card naturally had.

yami4ct

Wouldn't it be fun if it's like skilling up
Low % skill transfer rates
100% chance of card destruction

That's the worst idea ever, and might actually be something they'd do.

It also sounds dangerously close to infringing on JP gambling laws. I know requiring a REM monster as an evo mat would be in fact illegal. I think a lot of the reason we have Pys and Skill-Up mats is because of those laws as well.

Rixa

At least twice the cool down of it. Counters are silly and it is only a single orb change.

I evolved ball and levelled him with a snowblower but he is off little user with 11 skill levels.

At least his Mobster is easy enough to get.

u wat

Hahaha. I'm leveling everything with "snowblowers" now.

This is amazing.

Blow my snow if old.
My dad (rip) had bigger blower than yours.
Single Pull... Thanatos. Sold him immediately lol.

Back 2 Poring Tower xD
What are you farming from PT? :)

Amazing morning for me in PAD.
Screenshot_2016-01-31-11-13-44.png
Screenshot_2016-01-31-10-15-51.png
Screenshot_2016-01-31-10-16-22.png
Screenshot_2016-01-31-12-11-31.png
Ch.8 cleared in one try, my first time \o_.
Ariel is dupe but thats ok :). I need one Dark Jewel more for A.A.Luci If Iam going to Awoken I&I first. Otherwise I have all the mats ready for A.A.L. & A.I&I. Still one more pull to do when stone is given, prolly getting silver egg :p

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What are you farming from PT? :)
Amazing morning for me in PAD.

Ch.8 cleared in one try, my first time \o_.
Ariel is dupe but thats ok :). I need one Dark Jewel more for A.A.Luci If Iam going to Awoken I&I first. Otherwise I have all the mats ready for A.A.L. & A.I&I. Still one more pull to do when stone is given, prolly getting silver egg :p

I&I just in time for that Lakshmi buff - so good, congrats on that pull and clearing Ch. 8. I tried Ch. 8 twice yesterday and failed both times...will try the stages again next week.

Im farming PT for the GValk i got earlier this week and BValk.

PS. Tama Retreat will be up tomorrow...shit i need to run this one as well xD

Rixa

I&I just in time for that Lakshmi buff - so good, congrats on that pull and clearing Ch. 8. I tried Ch. 8 twice yesterday and failed both times...will try the stages again next week.

Im farming PT for the GValk i got earlier this week and BValk.

PS. Tama Retreat will be up tomorrow...shit i need to run this one as well xD

I have 6 B-Tamas and 9 Tamas so situation at the moment aint critical but ofc I will run TR if its on nice time cause new A.I.&I. will eat Tamas and so will A.A.L.

Which one is better leader A.I&I. or A.L. :). Nice thing is that now my Water team will be 100% sbr and if I use friend A.L. its total of 3k autoheal every turn :eek:.

- A.L. max skilled
- Nut max skilled
- A.O. skl 3 (soon 4)
- I&I skl 1
- Gabriel skl 2

So many TPAs & so many rows :eek:. If I need full board changes, I can bring in my A.Haku.

Rixa

^^
Damn.

I pulled Sasuke. Dont see use for it atm, maybe in the future so keeping it.

Also made stupid mistake. I had 4 Metal Kings and my Hera was lvl 40, used those 4 MK and Hera is lvl 50 and I cant evolve it cause no Metal King :D. No PAL pts and no sta to grind PAL pts (I got 12 active BF).
Oh well slight delay for A.I&I.

This is the second time in two months I have been carnival trolled.

Rolled only 1 non-light card (spica)

The rest:
DXQX (dupe)
Kirin (dupe)
Baal (dupe)
Cinderella (dupe)
Ariel (dupe)

I kept the DXQX & Kirin (mainly to hedge bets against awoken 3-kingdoms, and power creep on Kirin).& spica (she was new)

Fed Cindy because she dropped evolved for the free awakening, sold the rest

J0dy77

One roll, dupe wukong. My cold streak in the rem continues, I'm hoarding stones for 10x descended, done with the rem for awhile.

Hanzo
Castor

Awesome couple of pulls. Short CD orb changers is exactly what my dark box was missing. Also wouldn't mind trying out Castor as a leader. Gonna be a long wait for skill ups though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Trying to decide which day to pull...

From day 1: I have Antares, Spica, and Castor. I have Freyr and 2x Freyja. I also have GrOdin, BlOdin, DKali, Ronia, Ilm, and Sumire.

From day 2: I have Motonori and Lumiel. 2x LTron, Dtron, Urd, Saria, Ryune.

Any suggestions? While I have less exclusives from Day 2, I'm wondering the usefulness of the Day 2 stuff.

My single morning pull was Amaterasu, which is nice because I don't have her.

smbu2000

Pulled 3 times on my iPad: Thanatos, GZL (#3), Avalon Drake (#2)...ok, I guess...Was hoping for something useful though.

Pulled on my iPhone as well: Urd (#3), Grodin (#3), LKali (#3), Muse. Definitely surprised at pulling 3 straight GFEs, although I will probably end up selling all 3 of them.

I have 2 other Urds and bikini Urd as well. My other 2 LKalis are hyper already and I also have Halloween Kali and Ragnarok Dragon covering all color board changers.

I think that's orb connected damage only, not accounting for devil stat boost. If she gets 1.35x, A.Luci should get a buff.

Light Iza is a wasted vote. How did she even win and why is she still so bad?

They keep failing on streams, JP gonna riot over rewards.
Yesterdays was rough with them trying out Mech Zeus, but they are going to replay the dungeon sometime later, so there is still a chance for rewards then.

Todays was well...I expect some pretty decent play from Max Murai (although he messed up on the boss and didn't make all 4 colors) and well I don't expect too much from Yamamoto Producer (just because you make the game doesn't mean you are great at it.), but he did okay. In the end he fudged it a little, so we are still getting the 10 stones as well as the 10 piis, yay!

They mentioned on yesterdays stream that the piis would be random. You enter the dungeon and a random pii will appear. If you don't want it you can exit the dungeon and try again for another random color to appear. They didn't mention specific pii colors this time so it will probably be that way. I hope they make the stamina 1 and not 10 to make it easier to aim for what you want.

Ducarmel

Awoken Pandora. Damn I feed all my Aamir's for the plus egg recently.

yolo day 1 got a dupe L Kali. If I get good enough maybe I will make an offensive focused Sakuya team.

Any suggestions? While I have less exclusives from Day 2, I'm wondering the usefulness of the Day 2 stuff.

Akechi is a pretty valuable sub especially for not even having an ultimate yet, fits well on a lot of dark row teams even on Ronia dark team.

Bladelaw

6 pulls
Tsubaki
Thor
Amaterasu
Angelious
Basilisk
Gamble Mage

Thor, Ammy, and Angelious are all from the Heaven's gala. no dupes!

Rekwest

6 pulls:
Castor yay!(new)
Freyr(new)
Thor yay!(new)
Maeda Keiji(new)
Spica(new) I don't know if she is good.
Loki yay! (new)

hermit7

Did 4 rolls.

Zuoh
Angelious
Some 4 * Padz card
The light 2 tpa Dragon.

All but the last dupes and useless. I haven't rolled a new card in maybe 3 months. (Though I have maybe only rolled 10 times all for constellation or samurai)

Really wanted Loki for a future A Luci team and ended up getting two

Any use for two A Loki? Probably won't sell it unless I need the MP for something right then, but wondering if there'd be any use in leveling it up

Weird active skill on these new Gadget monsters. "For 1 turn, increase attack for each time extend awakening on your team" and "For 1 turn, increase attack for each fire/light/heart enhance awakening on your team". Nothing else has this skill yet, right?

jay23

Finally hit Rank 300 took me 500+ days but we here now.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, threw my best water monsters on a team. Is this the start of something decent?

6 pulls:
Castor yay!(new)
Freyr(new)
Thor yay!(new)
Maeda Keiji(new)
Spica(new) I don't know if she is good.
Loki yay! (new)

Congrats, it's always a good feeling when you get a bunch of new cards and no dupes.

Rekwest

Finally hit Rank 300 took me 500+ days but we here now.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, threw my best water monsters on a team. Is this the start of something decent?

Congrats, it's always a good feeling when you get a bunch of new cards and no dupes.

Yes it is,thanks.

Ducarmel

I pulled a dupe Ronia, is there any point in keeping the dupe or should I just get the MP?

No point in having two yet, not a useful sub on her own team and teams that could use her never need more then 1. But if she gets buffed to match the other Sonia having 2 will be good to have.

Probably wont need Isis most of the time a 5 turn or less orb changer will be useful.

coy

No point in having two yet, not a useful sub on her own team and teams that could use her never need more then 1. But if she gets buffed to match the other Sonia having 2 will be good to have.

Probably wont need Isis most of the time a 5 turn or less orb changer will be useful.
I've never had Ronia but I thought she was a good sub on her own team due to the board change active?

Ducarmel

You already have 2 full board changers with Ronia/Ronia.

With most descends being 5-6 floors do you really need 3 full board changers with a cool down of 12. Her best team is dark, so Pandora, Haku, Akechi, dark valk etc are probably better to bring over a second ronia.

jay23

Regarding active skill transfer

This is pretty huge right? Selling dupes for mp won't be such an easy decision unless you're a whale of course. Can't wait to see all the combinations JP players come up with.

I have dupe Phoenix rider and I think it would make the perfect candidate for a active skill transfer.

Also we should say a prayer for chocobo before everyone feeds him away lol.

hermit7

This is pretty huge right? Selling dupes for mp won't be such an easy decision unless you're a whale of course. Can't wait to see all the combinations JP players come up with.

I have dupe Phoenix rider and I think it would make the perfect candidate for a active skill transfer.

What are the rules of it? REM only cards?

Would love to feed 2 d. Izanami to have permanent damage reduction on my yomi dragon team. But it seems like that would break the game, same for like Haku, feed off a vamp to give a heartbreak skill so you can use that faster.

Illucio

Banned

It's a terrible decision to do so, although might prove to be very useful, all it does it makes people cling onto their dupes more and some older outdated monsters might gain better actives.

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to start regretting selling their dupes real soon.

jay23

Would love to feed 2 d. Izanami to have permanent damage reduction on my yomi dragon team. But it seems like that would break the game, same for like Haku, feed off a vamp to give a heartbreak skill so you can use that faster.

In the stream both active skill transfers they used were from rem cards.

We'll have to wait till 2/19 stream for more details.

Ducarmel

But you reset the cd for both active skill when you use one, so its not too broken.

This system seems like a way to fix some leaders with niche actives.

yami4ct

We only know the basic rules of how they're used in battle.

-Using 1 resets both CDs.
-Something mentioned about only using 1 skill. Could just be referring to making the other skill inactive even with haste.
-The transferred skill gets a higher CD. It could just be +1, but it also appears like the transferred skill could have the old actives' CD added. If it's the second way, finding the utility is going to get a lot harder.

ccbfan

The biggest nerf about the skill transfer is that the cd for the 2nd skill is the first plus the 2nd and whenever you use a skill both reset.

So for characters with long and crappy actives like Rodin, he won't be fixed by this new transfer a orb change would take 20 plus moves.

Only situations I think this will be be great in is

Arena it allows the bringing of a gravity and shield without and diza.

Super defensive teams like a.ama where long cd isn't a big deal. (Will be invincible with Indra active)

Someone like Isis useful and have a quick active.

hermit7

But you reset the cd for both active skill when you use one, so its not too broken.

This system seems like a way to fix some leaders with niche actives.

Ugh all those rules aren't very appealing. I may think about feeding off a d Iza to a valid or something. Allows the tanking when needed and you can still use her orb change at 11 turns. Maybe not ideal but if you don't need a card I could see the use.

I guess we will wait for more info to see what shake ups it causes.

Cerberus Rider seems like a good fit for a second active. He has two tpa, good stats and a good but situational active on a two turn cool down(90 damnage through Shields) using DIza on him would give him amazing uility on a short cool down.

yami4ct

Cerberus Rider seems like a good fit for a second active. He has two tpa, good stats and a good but situational active on a two turn cool down(90 damnage through Shields) using DIza on him would give him amazing uility on a short cool down.

This definitely sounds like something that's going to benefit very specific cards more than being a general amazing upgrade for everything.

Putting D.Iza's shield on A. Isis sounds really powerful in general. My A. Ra squad is going to love that and it allows water teams to have a D.Iza equivalent on not too bad a cool down.

Jagernaut

I use 3 Ronias on a A Shiva team for God Rush. Works very well. I sold my 4th Ronia for mp.

I pulled a 4th and last time and got Spica, ok but not as useful to me as Castor.

This definitely sounds like something that's going to benefit very specific cards more than being a general amazing upgrade for everything.

Putting D.Iza's shield on A. Isis sounds really powerful in general. My A. Ra squad is going to love that and it allows water teams to have a D.Iza equivalent on not too bad a cool down.

Or if it is REM only I'm thinking maybe giving Jize my second Hanzo. Would make him an amazing dark TPA sub.

donjezzy

was hoping for a eschamali for my yomidra team, but ended up getting a Australis and 2 castors. I will definitely find use for the castors but is there a good team fit for Australis?

Illucio

Banned
Roll 2nd D.Kali, instantly bought Ra Dra without a second thought. My team so far:

I also rolled x3 Indra's today, but the Indra is not leveled up yet and I'm putting Yomi there to practice Ra Dragon. Waiting on Tuesday for Rainbow Keeper to evolve D.Kali among other monsters. I need to find get a Sopdet for Ra Dra.

Kreed

The biggest nerf about the skill transfer is that the cd for the 2nd skill is the first plus the 2nd and whenever you use a skill both reset.

Any idea on if the CD added is the CD before or after the monster is Max Skilled (so a Max Skill 7 turn first active skill being fed a monster with a 7 Max turn Active skill would result in a 14 turn 2nd active skill)?

hermit7

Question if you were to plus Pandora and you were choosing between bikinidora and awoken who would it be?

Awoken is a better lead I like having an orb changer as a lead because it provides more flexibility. Also she does have a considerable amount of health more than bikini. Bikini is nearly as good I think only missing one row, but has the additional tpa.

Luci team would be luci/ haku/ yomidra/ loki/ bikinidora

A. Pandora would be pandora/ luci/ loki/ valk/ flex, maybe d/d haku

Not having a bind clearer or a bind immune card on Pandora hurts some and there aren't really any good options for dark. I guess you could add in yomidra but it would lose the extra stat boosts.

Maybe I should plus awoken, and use her on luci. That would give decent benefits of having extra hp and isn't as constructive on dealing with binds either.

Ducarmel

Not having a bind clearer or a bind immune card on Pandora hurts some and there aren't really any good options for dark. I guess you could add in yomidra but it would lose the extra stat boosts.
Not lucky enough to get Halloween Alraune?

There is Aamir and Evil Ceres if you happen to have her.

Seriously how did Light Izanami win uevo vote unofficial poll had Aamir winning.

hermit7

Seriously how did Light Izanami win uevo vote unofficial poll had Aamir winning.

Well I do have g/d ceres and aamir is around but I didn't roll for alraune.

Neither of those are really great options though I don't feel. G/d has awful awakenings and I haven't looked at aamir seriously enough to make a determination on her.

LIza was definitely the clear front runner in the unofficial polls I looked at (Aamir was a solid second place).

Ducarmel

Maybe your right, but I do remember hording a bunch of Aamirs recently on my jp account thinking he was going to win.

Top Bottom