• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel right now, and what is something you wish people would see about you.

Blam

I really just want people to know that I'm seriously depressed, and that what I post sometimes gets thrown out of context because I can't properly put my thoughts into words, which as it stands now has been done multiple times. It's ruined my life in many ways recently, and nothing is helping me get back from all the problems it's caused.

People think I'm joking when I say I am in pain nearly all the time, but this is what I deserve I guess.

So GAF how are you feeling today, and what's something you wish people knew or noticed about you.

JordanN

Banned
I wish people were smarter. Or could make judgements that isn't influenced by greed, selfishness or delusion.

It is very rare for me to skip a day of work intentionally, but I've seen too much harrowing scenes lately, I decided I rather have time for myself.

The depressing feeling is knowing all my life there is no way to escape these events. Every job I work, or every person I meet, there will be those who can't separate imperative good from blatant evil.

Blam

I wish people were smarter. Or could make judgements that isn't influenced by greed, selfishness or delusion.

It is very rare for me to skip a day of work intentionally, but I've seen too much harrowing scenes lately, I decided I rather have time for myself.

The depressing feeling is knowing all my life there is no way to escape these events. Every job I work, or every person I meet, there will be those who can't separate imperative good from blatant evil.

Yeah I can understand where you're coming from on not being able to escape these events.

I'd also like to add on my own thing and say every time I say one of these badly worded sentences. They get misinterpreted, and I never get a chance to explain my self. I don't think yet has it happened.

aaronsan

Banned
I'm feeling happy, despite a lot of medical issues in my family right now. I struggled for a long time with anger issues, and at some point several years ago something broke. I just stopped wanting to feel that way. It's hard to describe it briefly here so I won't try, but essentially I've decided (in a fundamental way that affects my psyche) that I should feel happy or at least content as much as possible.

I know, sounds hokey. I swear it's working for me. In my 3 hours of commuting each day I face road rage, of course, but I bounce right back. I let it out, and it's gone. Same with other disappointments. I think others could do this too, assuming underlying medical issues aren't preventing it.

What I wish more people knew about me is that I genuinely care about all of you and want you to be happy, too. I wish you'd all try to feel the same. I don't get the impression most people actually care about others.

Blam

What I wish more people knew about me is that I genuinely care about all of you and want you to be happy, too. I wish you'd all try to feel the same. I don't get the impression most people actually care about others.

The large majority of others don't, and it sucks. Not even on GAF but everywhere. It's really disheartening to know that.

JordanN

Banned
I still care for you guys, it's why I'm still here.
I can be pretty hard edge. but it's only when someone else wants to bring the bantz.

Otherwise, I do a lot of charitable things behind the scenes, even if it means not taking any credit for it.

t-storm

Right now and overall I'm in a good place.

I've lived with chronic physical pain almost all of my life (migraine-gaf) and with doctors, I've just learned how to manage it with medication.

However thanks to the sleep apnea thread, I've looked into this condition more and I believe this may be the root of most of my chronic pain issues. So my doctor has referred me to a sleep clinic and I'm hoping I'll be able to have a different quality of life soon.

Thank you NeoGAF community!

People think I'm joking when I say I am in pain nearly all the time, but this is what I deserve I guess.
What kind of pain exactly? From depression?

No one deserves to be in any kind of pain, be it mental health related, emotional or physical pain.

Blam

What kind of pain exactly? From depression?

No one deserves to be in any kind of pain, be it mental health related, emotional or physical pain.

Does all 3 count? Mentally I'm depressed and that has effected me emotionally, and adding onto the emotional pain. I ruined a relationship with a friend 2-3 weeks ago. They haven't talked to me since, and I was told by them that I sucked the soul out of them. They've had multiple attempts on their life so it still hasn't left my head that I might one of the multiple reasons they tried so many times. I also have cried myself to sleep for the past week.

This just hurts me mentally as I've started experiencing headaches, increased back/chest pains, and can't forget that I'm not eating properly anymore, because of all the shit that was thrown at me last month and this ongoing month. There's more but I don't talk about it since it hurts just talking about it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I feel fine and don't wish people to see anything about me, or even want them to. Maybe it is just middle age setting in but the older I get the less fucks I give about what anybody else thinks about me. My self-worth is independent of their opinions, good or bad.

I struggled for a long time with anger issues, and at some point several years ago something broke. I just stopped wanting to feel that way. It's hard to describe it briefly here so I won't try, but essentially I've decided (in a fundamental way that affects my psyche) that I should feel happy or at least content as much as possible.

I find the decision comes down to acknowledgement that anger saps a lot of energy and fundamentally speaking, we can choose not to expend excess energy but only after getting straight up tired of feeling that way. At least it is for me, but it's a work in progress.

I don't get the impression most people actually care about others.

I get that same impression. How behind even seemingly good acts, there's a selfish imperative being served. No straight arrow, considerate, goodness and caring.

But to answer the thread question: I'm a little impatient. I have training for work today, and I find it silly because I got my job because I have the necessary certification... but after 3 months they want to make sure myself and everyone else is capable... even though I get nothing but positive comments and excel at my job. Seems a waste of time, but whatev.

I wish people would understand the nuances of what having a hearing loss entail. I have a moderate to moderately severe loss, and it causes so many problems in my life. I am making an effort to employ counter-measures, but its as though gets it. In loud environments with many sounds, I can get a bit mixed up, for example. Nobody remembers this. I get fucking whispered at. I may have a hearing problem, but feels like everyone else has a listening problem. Monosyllabic words are as small as words come, and still it's like I'm speaking Klingon. When I am older, it wont be a problem, but by then all the assholes out there that use earbuds will have fucked up hearing too....I am NOT adapting for them.

From a non-caring person, it's good to see that some people care.

I'm good overall, but at a time when everything is coming together (graduation, job offers, certifications, friends, relationships, etc), I keep having dreams of me dying.

Hopefully it's just mental, and I'm onto the next phase.

Shrubchicken

Neo Member
I feel alright, but probably because I am finally starting to live like I did as a teenager. I have had a reliable car for almost a year now, but I only started actually using it outside of essential trips including volunteer work earlier this week. For full context, I was in a very bad spot a few years ago and I never expected to be in the situation I am in today.

People can see whatever they like, I do not really mind. I hope those of you in pain find some relief.

I'm feeling conflictedly happy.

Several months ago I was in a motorbike crash and went to hospital.
I feel different now. I was confused for a longtime. Had panic attacks and flashbacks to things I didnt recognise. I have lost a lot of memory. My wedding day one of them. Been going to a sort of cognitive therapy for a while but its a long process healing the brain.

The tricky part is i'm a lot dumber now. At first I would get drowned in my own thoughts. I thought too quickly and couldnt focus. With practice i calmed my mind and have slowed down. Which is fine but I feel constantly crutched. Like i'm holding myself back

But my wife has never been happier. She says i'm a better husband, a better lover, a nicer man. She prefers me this way. Thats incentive enough for me to never get my memories back and understand why i was like that. Something i know i could do if i sped my mind up again and tried to keep pace.

So yeah. Conflictedly happy.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
You may want to seek the help of a psychiatrist OP. These days, a lot of really normal people go get treated that way. There isn't anything crazy about it.

It has to do with the chemistry of your brain. No matter how happy the occasion may be, you'll always feel depressed because your body is accostumed to that.

Only by aiding your internal chemistry can you be rescued from this abyss. There are two ways actually, you can eat well and work out, walk outside and talk to people, which will be VERY hard. Or you can take a low dosage pill, that will facilitate your recovery and make you feel better. And then, if you do it right and it's not chronic, in just a couple of months you can leave the meds behind.

You're gonna realize how good life can be, even if everything isn't perfect.

Lately I’ve just felt hopelessly alone, mainly because i am. Also most things just feel meaningless and I don’t have passion for much right now.

I don’t know what I’m gonna do or how long I will carry on living my extremely mundane and lonely life.

Usobuko

Banned
I wish most people know they'll be going to hell if there's one and that they deserved it.

I'll likely see them there and I'll pay good price to mock at everyone right in their face.

Blam

Lately I’ve just felt hopelessly alone, mainly because i am. Also most things just feel meaningless and I don’t have passion for much right now.

I don’t know what I’m gonna do or how long I will carry on living my extremely mundane and lonely life.

Then try making it less mundane, try dating apps, go for anything really. Do something out of the norm for your routine.

I'm currently on an upswing, hope it stays that way. Suffering from dysthymia, with temporary episodes of mid-to-severe depression.

I just wrote my therapist an email, but maybe somebody here can say something too: Anybody else taking Fluoxetin? I'm currently somewhat worried about the sideeffect that, well, makes having orgasms harder to reach. To the point where, instead of daily, I'm now fapping every 3 to 5 days. How do others deal with that?

Other than that ... I try to keep things going :)

I wish people would understand the nuances of what having a hearing loss entail. I have a moderate to moderately severe loss, and it causes so many problems in my life.

Just wanted to say: I completely feel you. Recently, my left ear was completely deaf for 2,5 weeks due to an ear canal infection that I got from diving. This time was horrible. I felt like a complete outsider, even though I was surrounded by great friends. But not being able to reliably understand others and feeling distant, as if your head was in a fish bowl - terrible.

People like to do the thought experiment 'would you rather be blind or deaf?', to which I can wholeheartedly answer 'blind'. You might not be able to actively do something, but at least you can still *enjoy* life.

Well, I’m on NeoGAF right now so what I’m feeling right now is...let’s go with disgust? Disgust and sadness.

Something I wish people could see about me, is the knowledge I’ve gleaned from this thread; that behind every person crying about SJWs, calling others snowflakes, gloating about tears and trolling, whatabouting minority issues, rallying about free speech for white supremacists and racists, both sidesesing, pointing at Antifa, hating feminism, misinterpreting and doubling down on gender identity is a sad, lonely, depressed person who has given up on their own salvation and turned it into hate and anger at people who they feel have failed them when they’ve done nothing to try themselves. That when someone hears “institutional racism keeping blacks down” or “white privilege” what they really are thinking is “But what about my problems? I’m not happy either and I’m having a tough time. Where are my outraged individuals? Where are my marches in the streets? Why don’t they care about me?” like the self-absorbed black hole of suffering that they are, so dense that not even empathy can escape it. That when someone types up some scathing “critique” of feminism or says misogyny isn’t real or message Anita Sarkeesian that she’s a cunt they’re thinking, “Why won’t anyone care for me? Why is love so out of reach for me? What is that special something inside of me that I’m missing that causes others to find happiness in each other? Why can’t I ever be given that chances?” because apparently a woman not wanting to suck their unused dick after longing desperately from afar is a staggering crime that needs to be punished. That every outward claim of snowflake is backed by the certainty of a hurt from something innocuous someone said to them once, that every small injury that they’ve accumulated they’ll deliver back to others 1000 fold and layer them on a scarred back so deep it’ll look like an open wound, that every person who feels like black people are taking all the sympathy for themselves so no one will turn and look at their problems defend their freedom to say nigger so they can feel that petty, self-smirking satisfaction at relieving some of that anger and jealousy. I wish people could see the confirmation and sure certainty I have in claiming that so many people use their sadness as a weapon to strike those that they feel have wronged them by not caring about them, so stuck in themselves that they can’t see how anyone who isn’t just like them may have just a bit more trouble living today than they do.

Something else I would like people to see through my eyes is that after suffering for depression since as far back as I have memories, I somehow managed to not turn into a selfish piece of shit who lashed out at others around me for my own failings and misgivings at the barest of hurt feelings. You can’t help depression; but you can help what you do with it. The choices you make are still you. So depression isn’t a blank check to be a complete and utter toolbox to others, to type your inarticulate mouth-dribblings on the internet and lambast all the people you perceive have it better than you, who suffer differently from you or voice their problems that aren’t your own, to hatefuck your own anger online for everyone to see before going back into your fortress of sadness, self-loathing and loneliness. None of those things are your depression; they’re you. Every hateful thing you spew, every pit in your stomach you get when you see others living happily, every ideological piece of bullshit you convince yourself of because it’s too painful to actually admit it’s wrong; that’s all you. And you can be better.

But chances are, you won’t. You can and you could, but you won’t. Because change is hard and requires taking responsibility for yourself. It requires introspection and you are too scared to glance into that cavernous emptiness inside of you for fear you’ll fall in and never stop falling. And no one will help you because you have fought and scratched anyone who got too close and the people you are near are completely self-absorbed in their own hate and anger to ever reach out a hand to you.

So I wish people could see in me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that things can and do get better even if it’s one arduous step at a time. But you have to choose to try. You have to choose not to blame others. You have to choose not to be angry at the world for not caring about your selfish and self-absorbed problems and work on them yourself. You have to BE a better person than the garbage you have shown yourself to be. Because if that’s who you really are? If you’re really that awful and miserable person who loves hurting other people because it makes you hurt just a little less? Maybe you should believe that little voice inside of yourself that thinks the world would be better off without you.

And for the rest of you that aren’t going through hard times, aren’t suffering from depression or feel like they have some place in the world; well, you’re just fucking cunts then, aren’t you?

Blam

Well, I’m on NeoGAF right now so what I’m feeling right now is...let’s go with disgust? Disgust and sadness.

Something I wish people could see about me, is the knowledge I’ve gleaned from this thread; that behind every person crying about SJWs, calling others snowflakes, gloating about tears and trolling, whatabouting minority issues, rallying about free speech for white supremacists and racists, both sidesesing, pointing at Antifa, hating feminism, misinterpreting and doubling down on gender identity is a sad, lonely, depressed person who has given up on their own salvation and turned it into hate and anger at people who they feel have failed them when they’ve done nothing to try themselves. That when someone hears “institutional racism keeping blacks down” or “white privilege” what they really are thinking is “But what about my problems? I’m not happy either and I’m having a tough time. Where are my outraged individuals? Where are my marches in the streets? Why don’t they care about me?” like the self-absorbed black hole of suffering that they are, so dense that not even empathy can escape it. That when someone types up some scathing “critique” of feminism or says misogyny isn’t real or message Anita Sarkeesian that she’s a cunt they’re thinking, “Why won’t anyone care for me? Why is love so out of reach for me? What is that special something inside of me that I’m missing that causes others to find happiness in each other? Why can’t I ever be given that chances?” because apparently a woman not wanting to suck their unused dick after longing desperately from afar is a staggering crime that needs to be punished. That every outward claim of snowflake is backed by the certainty of a hurt from something innocuous someone said to them once, that every small injury that they’ve accumulated they’ll deliver back to others 1000 fold and layer them on a scarred back so deep it’ll look like an open wound, that every person who feels like black people are taking all the sympathy for themselves so no one will turn and look at their problems defend their freedom to say nigger so they can feel that petty, self-smirking satisfaction at relieving some of that anger and jealousy. I wish people could see the confirmation and sure certainty I have in claiming that so many people use their sadness as a weapon to strike those that they feel have wronged them by not caring about them, so stuck in themselves that they can’t see how anyone who isn’t just like them may have just a bit more trouble living today than they do.

Something else I would like people to see through my eyes is that after suffering for depression since as far back as I have memories, I somehow managed to not turn into a selfish piece of shit who lashed out at others around me for my own failings and misgivings at the barest of hurt feelings. You can’t help depression; but you can help what you do with it. The choices you make are still you. So depression isn’t a blank check to be a complete and utter toolbox to others, to type your inarticulate mouth-dribblings on the internet and lambast all the people you perceive have it better than you, who suffer differently from you or voice their problems that aren’t your own, to hatefuck your own anger online for everyone to see before going back into your fortress of sadness, self-loathing and loneliness. None of those things are your depression; they’re you. Every hateful thing you spew, every pit in your stomach you get when you see others living happily, every ideological piece of bullshit you convince yourself of because it’s too painful to actually admit it’s wrong; that’s all you. And you can be better.

But chances are, you won’t. You can and you could, but you won’t. Because change is hard and requires taking responsibility for yourself. It requires introspection and you are too scared to glance into that cavernous emptiness inside of you for fear you’ll fall in and never stop falling. And no one will help you because you have fought and scratched anyone who got too close and the people you are near are completely self-absorbed in their own hate and anger to ever reach out a hand to you.

So I wish people could see in me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that things can and do get better even if it’s one arduous step at a time. But you have to choose to try. You have to choose not to blame others. You have to choose not to be angry at the world for not caring about your selfish and self-absorbed problems and work on them yourself. You have to BE a better person than the garbage you have shown yourself to be. Because if that’s who you really are? If you’re really that awful and miserable person who loves hurting other people because it makes you hurt just a little less? Maybe you should believe that little voice inside of yourself that thinks the world would be better off without you.

And for the rest of you that aren’t going through hard times, aren’t suffering from depression or feel like they have some place in the world; well, you’re just fucking cunts then, aren’t you?

Why do you act like you're above everyone else?

kingwingin

Depressed. Want to die.

Been chatting this girl i met online dating, we went out saturday and i thought i biffed it hard but payed it off as i was super nervous. Reality was my self esteem is so low i could barely look her in the eye, didnt realize it had gotten that bad over the years. Was still cracking jokes non stop and had her laghing.

Didn't think id hear back from her but she messaged me after i dropped her off and weve been chatting since.

Still wish i was dead tho

Blam

Depressed. Want to die.

Been chatting this girl i met online dating, we went out saturday and i thought i biffed it hard but payed it off as i was super nervous. Reality was my self esteem is so low i could barely look her in the eye, didnt realize it had gotten that bad over the years. Was still cracking jokes non stop and had her laghing.

Didn't think id hear back from her but she messaged me after i dropped her off and weve been chatting since.

It'll get better man you're already there with this girl you've met. She knows your nervous and I'm pretty sure she's looked past that and liked you for you and not your current self esteem issues.

Depressed. Want to die.

Stop wishing that, you'll have it granted eventually, like the rest of us. Life's too short as is, and if atheists are right, that's it then.

That said: Life has its ups and downs. Yours sounds like its on an upswing, so enjoy that.

As for the 'cannot look her in the eye'-thing: many years ago when I still went to school a girl noticed that I was always avoiding eye contact. During one break between classes, she challenged me to a staring duel. After a short first try, we stared directly into each other's eyes for like 3 minutes. Felt really weird in the beginning, but then it got better.

Ever since that single moment, I could look other people in the eye. So maybe try asking a female friend or even a stranger (the girl you just met?) to do a staring duel. Maybe it can help you, too :)

PS: Of course, I fell in love with that girl, her beautiful green eyes burned into my sight. But I was way out of her league 🙀

DKPOWPOW

I'm feeling, happy, overwhelmed, and confident at the same time I guess?

My parents health issues are a constant struggle, as is having enough time to do the things I enjoy. Just found about some parking tickets I forgot about, and with Christmas coming soon I need to be smart with my finances.

But work is going well, and I love the holidays. Not sure why, but I'm really in the Christmas spirit this year. Got some things to figure out but I'm not stressing, for some reason I know it's all gonna be A-ok.

As for what I want people to see in me? Nothing, I know who I am and that's what matters. That's a gift in itself.

NahaNago

I guess i'm depressed right now and i currently have a cold. I generally don't care what people see about me. I guess my depression comes mostly from the disappointment i have with myself but i feel that i can only change that by slowly improving myself (which isn't working to well).

dagZ

girlfriend broke up with me about a month ago, and she's playing the game, "I'm gonna keep tabs on you so you don't move on" kind of thing... I still want to be with her, but I don't know what to do.. I'm sad, but I'm looking to the future. I'm trying to learn more programming, I'm about to start running (going to start in an hour, and try to go for 3 miles), I bought a new wardrobe.. Gonna get a haircut because I've let me hair grow out for years. I'm just looking to improve me. I have a great job, and a loving family, but I still feel empty.

Blam

girlfriend broke up with me about a month ago, and she's playing the game, "I'm gonna keep tabs on you so you don't move on" kind of thing... I still want to be with her, but I don't know what to do.. I'm sad, but I'm looking to the future. I'm trying to learn more programming, I'm about to start running (going to start in an hour, and try to go for 3 miles), I bought a new wardrobe.. Gonna get a haircut because I've let me hair grow out for years. I'm just looking to improve me. I have a great job, and a loving family, but I still feel empty.

I understand you completely, seriously you need to just drop the girl. She's gonna use you as a rebound, and she knows she can control you. You've gotta drop her. Don't let her take control of your life like that.

Programming is always fun to do. You need a hobby to keep you interested I guess, the empty feeling will fade away sooner or later. She too knows you have this feeling and will use it to her advantage.

Top Bottom