• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Mivey

header.jpg

So, thanks to Neogaf RPG list vote thread I have a spare Steam key for Cosmic Star Heroine.

Anyone interested in the game (and you should be it's great) - it can be yours for the low, low price of 5-10 minutes of your time.

Just make and post here an MSPaint (can also be Paint 3D) picture of your favorite RPG protagonist. I'll take a look at the submissions in the morning and the best one will get the code PMed.

t1508130000z0.png

illusionary

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (illusionary, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Turn Around -- MB-3030608CA37632B6 - Taken by Purkake4

header.jpg

So, thanks to Neogaf RPG list vote thread I have a spare Steam key for Cosmic Star Heroine.

Anyone interested in the game (and you should be it's great) - it can be yours for the low, low price of 5-10 minutes of your time.

Just make and post here an MSPaint (can also be Paint 3D) picture of your favorite RPG protagonist. I'll take a look at the submissions in the morning and the best one will get the code PMed.

t1508130000z0.png

jAiP4gQ.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks for this contest, sounds fun, also game looks fun too. :D So i did my work. (i'm an artist so if this cheating it's ok, but i'm not earning good. :/)

ccloudu3sgv.png

Edit: Hey hey, looks like this is serious, i'm seeing some nice works so i did update. :B

that's very nice

Is that your hero from God Eater? I mean, you could use guns and that thing looks like some kind of monster.
lol, no it's not, my god eater character had dark hair and was stupid, this is aya brea from parasite eve who's most definitely a blonde and most definitely a badass (not necessarily captured by my drawing lol)

tbh most of my favorite rpgs let you create your own protagonist and i didn't want to spend a long while thinking what my favorite rpg protagonist is, so i just drew her for funsies heh

Platy

header.jpg

t1508130000z0.png

I don't want the game, but

Dk9JaNw.jpg

Jawmuncher

idontevenwantthegame3mjuf.png

I already have the game I just wanted an excuse to draw. I know she ain't an RPG character lol (Though I could use Namco X Capcom as an excuse if I wanted to)

dot

header.jpg

t1508130000z0.png

i cant draw hands

Haven't been able to get my in-home streaming working today, haven't tried it for a few days but it was working fine the last several times I'd used it (streaming Origin/Dragon Age Inquisition to my Surface tablet).

Not sure if a Steam update messed it up or if it's something on my end.

Shadow of War is so good, finally go to where I can start recruiting for my army, got a couple of real good captains and took my first fortress with ease (even though I'm sure it was easy for everyone, it was still cool).

SUFFER ME NOW!!!! on any orc goon that runs my way is still incredibly satisfying.

billy-madison-fat-kid-shake-face.gif

Shadow of War has been a roller coaster for me.

It started amazing and I loved the gameplay and its system. A few hours later, I reached the new map and it seems that's all there is to it when it comes to gameplay loop and I'm starting to get bored to death. But I patiently complete the map and proceed with the 2nd Act. Recruiting orc captains to be my own, dispatching them to various missions is fun, bringing them with me to tackle missions and even fort battles have been so much fun so far. There's just a lot of customizations and tinkering to do. There's also mounts, I love wrecking havoc orcs camps with that giant thing that can spew fire/poison.

Teggy

Shadow of War has been a roller coaster for me.

It started amazing and I loved the gameplay and its system. A few hours later, I reached the new map and it seems that's all there is to it when it comes to gameplay loop and I'm starting to get bored to death. But I patiently complete the map and proceed with the 2nd Act. Recruiting orc captains to be my own, dispatching them to various missions is fun, bringing them with me to tackle missions and even fort battles have been so much fun so far. There's just a lot of customizations and tinkering to do. There's also mounts, I love wrecking havoc orcs camps with that giant thing that can spew fire/poison.

Yeah, it’s a quality game with a really impressive nemesis system and fun combat, but it seemed they piled on way too much of the same stuff. It’s just never ending captain battles of one form or another. There are things that get mixed in that make it harder, and you can do things like attacking without taking out war chiefs to make it much harder. But they piled on a whole bunch of regions with the same stuff. I’m around level 25 now and it goes to at least level 45.

Just finished Submerged, and I actually quite liked it, even though I know it got a fairly harsh reception here and on a lot of gaming sites. Yeah, it's rough around the edges and the gameplay isn't exactly deep, but it gets by on visuals, atmosphere, and the game being short enough not to wear out its welcome. Kinda reminds me of Lili: Child of Geos that way, though the core gameplay mechanic is very different.

Doki Doki Literature Club is... something. The meta stuff is definitely creepy when it wants to be, but I kinda wish it didn't use themes like
depression, self-harm, and suicide
for what amounts to cheap shock value.

zkylon

zkylewd
thoughts on chrono trigger after a 5~ hours

it's kind of exactly as i remember, these characters are endearing but i don't particularly love any of them and the time travel stuff is pretty mindblowing even today. i don't like the story a whole lot because i don't think the general tone of the game clicks for me, but it bears repeating that the shit they do with the time travel stuff is pretty amazing. other than that, the combat is pretty tedious because of the super long animations but luckily emulators just let you fast forward all of that crap, tho sadly you miss out on the lovely music

overall i don't feel like this playthrough will change my mind about it, it's definitely a great game and it's absurd it's not on the snes classic, but it's just not for me

honestly listening to snes music just makes me want to play front mission 1 again

Knurek

ccloudu3sgv.png

Okay, guys, Dream_Journey is the winner, enjoy your game!
Also, anyone who participated (zkylon, Ascheroth, Dream_Journey, Tonton, Parsnip, Mivey, pantsattack, Platy, Jawmuncher, dot, bobnowhere) can also get one of the below keys:

lqLP0Q6.jpg

ua5qpoV.jpg

fNANzWN.jpg

zL5OCdY.jpg

(First come first serve)
(I can't guarantee all of them are still valid)
(I will send the keys out after I get back from work, ETA 10 hours)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Steam keys should now automatically have a link to the redemption page when you win them.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Stumpokapow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Game of Thrones A Telltale Games Series -- MB-E7895D88817119EC - Taken by Zeneric. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Jurassic Park -- MB-E5D3428C744D685B - Taken by Grief.exe. 2 entrants total.
Devil Daggers -- MB-E2B116C91D212BBE - Taken by Madventure. 6 entrants total.
Some or all of these keys might already be activated, my apologies if you win something and it doesn't work
DreadOut -- MB-FA3BB86CD32FABAF - Taken by laserlaser. 4 entrants total.
Hector Badge of Carnage -- MB-C0D1B8DFDD484555 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Homefront -- MB-1F7E47D44AE1A504 - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Killer is Dead -- MB-74AAAC53586A12D4 - Taken by oni-link. 6 entrants total.
Lost Horizon -- MB-7095B2C145C72B54 - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.
Poker Night 2 -- MB-9C54C44BBC95550A - Taken by Tart Toter 9k. 1 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-FC49BCB5BC345464
Puzzle Agent -- MB-EC6C975E9A10CD3A
Puzzle Agent 2 -- MB-6F57AFFE603AA04F
Saints Row 2 -- MB-3E0D95739002AE1E
Saints Row the Third -- MB-3AC7C3A9476662A9 - Taken by Cels. 1 entrants total.
Sam and Max Devil's Playhouse -- MB-2C4B8E7955097CA3 - Taken by arbok26. 1 entrants total.
Sam and Max Season 1 -- MB-5B7C8D46DCD34C29
Sam and Max Season 2 -- MB-BFBCF806076CE02C - Taken by Mikurden. 3 entrants total.
The Walking Dead 400 Days -- MB-53E9A42A9512ABE0 - Taken by MissChief. 2 entrants total.
The Walking Dead Season 1 -- MB-E41A88750FE9A378
The Walking Dead Season 2 -- MB-E529094EE1B509FE - Taken by pislit. 4 entrants total.
The Wolf Among Us -- MB-EB8E6236E65CA60B - Taken by cluto. 6 entrants total.
Town of Salem -- MB-1F7E47D44AE1A504 - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1508142216z1.png

These keys were all marked unredeemed on Humble, but some might be redeemed.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Turn Around -- MB-D70F05FA3277DB57 - Taken by MaxiLive

dot

ccloudu3sgv.png

Also, anyone who participated (zkylon, Ascheroth, Dream_Journey, Tonton, Parsnip, Mivey, pantsattack, Platy, Jawmuncher, dot, bobnowhere) can also get one of the below keys:

haha, i knew that one was gonna win once i saw it. grats dream!

that's very nice

Glad you like it, thanks! Yours is cute. :3

ccloudu3sgv.png

Thanks so much again for that contest, that was really fun! But i wish i drew Zack Fair, how i forgot about him. :( Also can i ask who would be winner if i wasn't enter? I want to give a game key for that person.

Btw, wow, very generous of you for these extra keys!

haha, i knew that one was gonna win once i saw it. grats dream!

Why? Your work is really nice one! Probably that was a hard choice for Knurek. Still thanks and glad that feeling didn't stop you from draw. :)

Deques

Everyone with small SSD drives and too many games installed should read this. Heck, everyone should read this
https://github.com/ImminentFate/CompactGUI

It's a tool that uses a built-in Windows 10 tool too compress games and programs, but still be able to run them without performance drop.

See this chart to see how much each game got compressed and how much disk space was saved
https://github.com/ImminentFate/CompactGUI/wiki/Game-and-Program-Compression-Tests

One great example is Space Hulk: Deathwing. Uncompressed it uses 32 GB, after compression it's 4.1 GB!

The compress tool can be used without the tool
Here is an article about the Win10 tool

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/compact-os

zkylon

zkylewd
BERSDH8.png

it's kind of depressing that the first picture of aya brea on google is her wearing a lighting costume followed by her crying

aya deserved so much better

i feel like not many characters get as good of an introduction as her. she starts the game off on a date with some dumbo then when monsters starts showing up she butts him to safety then grabs a gun she was holding under her evening gown and then proceeds to unlock magic powers and fight zombie crocodiles and shit

i'm a big fan of lady badasses and she's def one of my faves

parasite eve was such a great game

Hektor

South Park is soon!!!

BERSDH8.png

it's kind of depressing that the first picture of aya brea on google is her wearing a lighting costume followed by her crying

aya deserved so much better

All the concept- and fan art in which she's wearing a jacket over bare boobs suit her much better

Anteater

honestly nomura's designs translate very well to 3d, whether it be kingdom hearts or modern FFs, they look very close to their concept art, people like to shit on that dude even when he has nothing to do with the shit they hate

World in Conflict is one of those games that looks worse on screenshots than in reality. Every time i'm starting new mission i blown away by this game visuals, it looks amazing in motion, but when i'm looking at screenshots i made during my playthrough it looks just okay. Also, i didn't expected that story will be that good, it's impressive how they've managed to make game about USSR invading USA so dramatic and engaging.

zkylon

zkylewd
All the concept- and fan art in which she's wearing a jacket over bare boobs suit her much better
she was always sexualized in the promotional art for some reason, which is weird cos nothing about that was reflected back in the game in which she sports a very simple 90s white tshirt and jeans look

the developers seem to have been confused by their own advertising cos they started by adding those infamous shower scenes and in 3 you kind of need to do like a trigger warning because she fucking looks like a sexual assault victim

it's pretty grotesque

good thing is, parasite eve 1 is still fantastic and you can always go back and play that

actually parasite eve 3 is pretty fun to play if you can overlook it having one of the worst stories i've ever seen in a videogame

honestly nomura's designs translate very well to 3d, whether it be kingdom hearts or modern FFs, they look very close to their concept art, people like to shit on that dude even when he has nothing to do with the shit they hate
never played kingdom hearts but i think most final fantasy designs are alright

there's a lot of stupid designs but they're generally appealing if you like that kind of anime shit imo

Top Bottom