• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of Mayhem bombs in the UK (shocking news /s)

DKHF

Agents of Mayhem debuted at no. 4 in the UK sales chart. The no.1 game in the UK chart this week Crash N. Sane Trilogy (in its 7th week on sale) sold about 10k this week and Bruno MB's estimate for how much Agents of Mayhem sold is 5,000-6,000 units:

Now that the individual formats chart is available I guesstimate at most 5,000 - 6,000 units for Agents of Mayhem.

12 (NE) PS4 AGENTS OF MAYHEM (DEEP SILVER)
15 (NE) XBO AGENTS OF MAYHEM (DEEP SILVER)

So it bombed. UK sales of Saints Row (established series but same developer/Agents of Mayhem takes place in the same universe):
First Week

Saints Row: The Third - 122,000
Saints Row 2 - 85,000

The Xbox 360 version of Saints Row: The Third sold 378,000 units in the first 2 months (November and December 2011).

GHG

Gold Member
But 9 out of my 10 friends bought this game digitally.

I don't see the cause for concern.

Marvel

could never
I'm just waiting on a price cut, not because I think it looks shit but because I have a lot of gaming shit ordered atm. Looks fun.

Ovek

7Member7
Are game sales so slow in the UK you only have to shift a few thousand units to get in the top 5 of the chart!?

As for AoM bombing, well as the thread titles says... shocking stuff.

My other half, who was a big fan of Saints Row 3 & 4, had no idea this existed until yesterday. I dunno how the marketing worked for those games and not for this one, but it certainly seems quieter.

Menome

As one of those 6,000 people, I'm a bit bummed out as this guarantees there won't be a sequel to fine-tune what's actually a decent game.

How come THQ Nordic seem to be managed better then Deep Silver?

DS has better studio and more worthwhile IPs but they can't stop fucking everything up.

Machina

Banned
Good. If we're lucky, this cookie cutter multiplayer only bullshit will continue to bomb and maybe this industry will finally wake up

Rymuth

You're my bro, but 5/10 for that.

tumblr_n19sjdDhFh1r66dluo1_400.gif

OldMuffin

Currently playing and enjoying it, but honestly I'm not surprised. The game isn't going to be for everybody and it has so many issues, both from a technical standpoint and a design one. Hope this doesn't spell the end of volition, and we get another saints row game (either like 3&4 or like the originals, though maybe going back to the style of the original 2 would feel more fresh). That or a spiritual successor to red faction.

Blobbers

boring, safe, grindy, watered down saints row whose idea of humor is a million uranus and balls jokes. the writing is trash, the characters are trash

Deserved way less sales because it's a game that does not need to exist.

now if you'll excuse me I have an underground lair to clear, for the 256th time

Trickster

Really can't be surprised at this. Marketing for the game was lackluster, and the game itself honestly ain't that great

nOoblet16

Well from the name it sounded like this was a multiplayer game that ripped off Saints Row's style and I wasn't interested in getting one atm.

Turns out it's a single player game, from Volition set in Saints Row universe. So I might get it.

Well from the name it sounded like this was a multiplayer game that ripped off Saints Roe's style and I wasn't interested in getting one atm.

Turns out it's a single player game, from Violation set in Saints Row universe. So I might get it.
Seriously, this was a singleplayer game? The whole way up to launch I thought it was a multiplayer shooter with hero's, like Overwatch and such. So strange.

ethomaz

Banned
Agent of who?

Kidding aside I only discovered about this game after read the name on the PAL thread.

Anecdotal but that tells a bit about the marketing of this game.

Machina

Banned
Shame because the game is really fun and has some good characters, but it's not too surprising.

I thought you were parodying people cheering for Lawbreakers to fail tbh.

See that's the problem, Lawbreakers actually seems like an arena shooter with some unique ideas, while the likes of Quake C is a straight up Overwatch clone

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
A shame but not really surprised as the marketing seemed non existent for it. Really enjoying the game though, finished the story and plan to level up all the character fully. The characters/agents themselves are great and the combat's really fucking good. Maybe it'll pick up more fans when it drops in price.

jobrro

Wasn't there day one as I am still swamped from titles earlier in the year and I am trying to cut down on day one full price purchases especially when I already have so many games I want to get to but haven't yet.

I will definitely pick this up once it is around US$30 and I am ready to play it. Was a big fan of Saints Row 3 and 4, though shamefully I got no where on SRII on PC and I don't own the original.

Pennywise

A shame but not really surprised as the marketing seemed non existent for it. Really enjoying the game though, finished the story and plan to level up all the character fully. The characters/agents themselves are great and the combat's really fucking good. Maybe it'll pick up more fans when it drops in price.

They got a TV spot for the game in Germany, which is quite suprising for a game with that scale.

Kusagari

Amazon isn't that good a metric, but the PS4 version is currently #794 on US Amazon in video games. So...uhh it's probably bombing really bad in America too.

Top Bottom