• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Just reminded myself what it's like as I forgot, and damn, pretty much like Omnislash from the game :) think I'll just save my King pots for him ;) I'm saving my tickets up for him anyway, 95 so far, I have to pull him!!

Anyway, just got this guy all the way up to 100%! My first Arsha's Talisman:

RQtGVbOl.png

Come to think of it, I don't know what Clouds hook is. He a chainer or finisher? If it's the latter I might save for him too.

EDarkness

I was all excited about the spear we get from the current Mog King event, until I realized it's a two handed weapon. Since Gumi gutted Doublehand, it's use is limited. I really wish they would give us another option for building our characters other than Dual Wield. It's so boring and makes for samey builds for characters and I think on of the great thing about RPGs is having options on how to go about building our characters.

Anyway, ended up giving it to Aileen in the meantime since I don't have another Dual Wield for her at the moment.

Syntsui

I was all excited about the spear we get from the current Mog King event, until I realized it's a two handed weapon. Since Gumi gutted Doublehand, it's use is limited. I really wish they would give us another option for building our characters other than Dual Wield. It's so boring and makes for samey builds for characters and I think on of the great thing about RPGs is having options on how to go about building our characters.

Anyway, ended up giving it to Aileen in the meantime since I don't have another Dual Wield for her at the moment.

Get the spear, it will be the best weapon for Aranea (until you get her TM) in case you pull her.

NomarTyme

Get the spear, it will be the best weapon for Aranea (until you get her TM) in case you pull her.

Good call. Always get the event weapons no matter what because it maybe useful someday. Thankfully we have the JPN version to lean on for this.

He is a doublehand finisher.

Time to start saving then I guess. I know it's not wise to chase rainbows but it's really the only actual gap in my builds unless I've missed something. Have Orlandeau and Agrias for chaining, Minfilia for support Rikku for her cheap auto life, Tillith for infinite heals and Wilhelm to tank.

As far as I can see the big things missing are WoL and a finisher.

Man, this event has me so pumped for Tuesday. It's been about 8 years since my last FF12 playthrough when I had a 100% run. The fast forward is going to be a Godsend for farming.

So next TM team so far will be 3 Rasler and 2 Rems I'm thinking. Maybe a TT in case I use Ashe after the event ends. Speaking of Ashe how do we feel about her TM? Seems good, but not sure if it's worth farming.

Syntsui

I don't know who that is. Is she a new character?
She is a FFXV dragoon character that should come to our server next year together with Prompto.

Man, this event has me so pumped for Tuesday. It's been about 8 years since my last FF12 playthrough when I had a 100% run. The fast forward is going to be a Godsend for farming.

So next TM team so far will be 3 Rasler and 2 Rems I'm thinking. Maybe a TT in case I use Ashe after the event ends. Speaking of Ashe how do we feel about her TM? Seems good, but not sure if it's worth farming.

If you are going to whale for Sakura, and you are going to whale for Sakura, I don't see why it would be worth farming it. Even William's TM is better IMO, MP is irrelevant as you should never run out of it.

NomarTyme

Depends if you're one of those people who don't really care about MP because you got a mana battery. I like Vanille's TM or even Grace's TM over Ashe.

Visceir

I got Rikku's LB to 25 and now I'm swimming in burst pots. I also have Cecil at 25. Any other units that really benefit from an LB boost? And I don't have Noctis...

Units that might make an appearance within then next 2 months that have LBs worth leveling would be Knight Delita (highest atk/mag break), Light Veritas (highest spr break), Wind Veritas (highest element imperil, wind), Prishe (good spr/def break) and Onion Knight.

I still have close to 100k exp in LB pots. Should probably level Ace/Noctis, but I guess I value having LB pots available more to them having maxed LBs.

Might also get some cool GLEX units with good LBs.

Doctor_No

It depends if you've already farmed Grace or L'cie's TM.

L'Cie Magistrial Crest
+30% MAG, +30% SPR

Grace Magic Amplifier
+25% MAG, +25% SPR + 20% MP

Ashe's Ring
+30% MAG, +30% MP. , 50% Light Resistance

Personally I'm not really hard pressed on farming Ashe's TM as I have multiples of Grace and L'Cie, but I will eventually farm 1 or 2 for mage builds. Having both MAG & MP is definitely nice, but the performance delta isn't huge, and Grace seems to offer more utility (especially for units like Rem).

I think Rasler's TM is much more valuable. 30% HP + 20% DEF (light resist is bonus) is the perfect TM for tanks; I will definitely farm 4 for them for Wilhelm.

Kouriozan

18 Tiamat kills, 0 rare encounter.
Yep, looks like we're back to awful rates again, let's hope I'll at least see a Thunderbug.
On FF Zero part 3 I am at 43 Shinryu and absolutely 0 Mikazuchi RIP monster guide T-T

It depends if you've already farmed Grace or L'cie's TM.

L'Cie Magistrial Crest
+30% MAG, +30% SPR

Grace Magic Amplifier
+25% MAG, +25% SPR + 20% MP

Ashe's Ring
+30% MAG, +30% MP. , 50% Light Resistance

Personally I'm not really hard pressed on farming Ashe's TM as I have multiples of Grace and L'Cie, but I will eventually farm 1 or 2 for mage builds. Having both MAG & MP is definitely nice, but the performance delta isn't huge, and Grace seems to offer more utility (especially for units like Rem).

I think Rasler's TM is much more valuable. 30% HP + 20% DEF (light resist is bonus) is the perfect TM for tanks; I will definitely farm 4 for them for Wilhelm.

Yeah I have 3 Vanile and 1 Grace TM already so I will skip Ashe. I'm doing 3 Rasler for sure, might do a 4th later.

Yep, looks like we're back to awful rates again, let's hope I'll at least see a Thunderbug.
On FF Zero part 3 I am at 43 Shinryu and absolutely 0 Mikazuchi RIP monster guide T-T

I've ran it 13 times now and haven't seen the bugs yet either. I have however killed 4 golden bombs. So that's pretty damn lucky.

Syntsui

I saw my first bug today, and oh boy that's underwhelming. Even with 500% bonus I don't think I'll bother getting any cryst that is not Power.

tuffymon

I feel pretty lucky then... didn't think I was, but 2 bugs and 1 bomb in 14 runs. 400% bonus... still dont think we're getting nearly the orbs bf was putting out.

17 Tiamat and 3 bugs and 2 bombs so far. Not bad. Also 2 of the enemies are still showing up as if I haven't killed them yet which is a nice bug for people like me that want a full monster guide.

Rixa

^^
I went to TM mode already. Figured I should get all the shit I want doing 3 times per day ELT . Cause grabbed all the tix and I have pulled with 14 tix only Blues. Got ~20k currency already. So yup, will TM Aegis Shield & Arsha's Talisman (my 2nd). Soon will get Cupid Luna tm ready and slap 4th Elle to fasten AT farm. Aegis Shield is around 84%.

TM TM TM TM TM TM TM TM

Yea these rates suck. I have seen 1 bug and 3 bombs so far. But so far I've got all the event equipment/materia, SQ, and tickets (which netted mostly Vaans).

Whales

Banned
hey guys, I could use some team building help

so at this point I assume the most balanced team build would be something like 2x dps, 1 support, 1 tank and 1 healer, right?

so ive been thinking about it and I came up with this:

2x tidus
1 rikku ( pretty much a must after all ive been reading about her)
WoL
I however am not sure which healer I should pick. Tilith? Rem maybe? I have refia in this spot right now because I just came back, but I dont think shes needed anymore... I do have dual cast though

And the FL spot would be a finisher like Olive

OR if any of you guys have better ideas than this, let me know...

Kouriozan

yooo nice

I love A2

Too bad we arent getting 2B yet :(

It's on their facebook :

"Much anticipated NieR:Automata collabortion has just been announced! 2B, 9S, Adam, 21O and global exclusive units A2 and Eve will join the fray!
We have also announced a new event of Ariana Grane and the opening of a new boss battle at Chamber of the Fallen!
Details of each event will be posted on a later date."

Doctor_No

Is that for next week? I wonder what next weeks banner is going to be?

Logically its a FF12 one, as FF12 Zodiac Age is going next Tuesday, which is also when the next banner is going to be announced.

Most likely the 5* units would be Balthier, but I wonder if they will release it with the lower-tier FF12 units just release on JP; those being as Larsa, Drace, and Vayne. Basch and Gabranth are presumably off the table for GL yet, but the 3*-4* base FF12 units themselves, and their TMs, really wouldn't impact GL meta much.

I might skip it if its just Balthier. I have way to many Olives to justify him, even though I love him as a character. I wonder if they make any adjustments or buff him?

Whales

Banned
It's on their facebook :

"Much anticipated NieR:Automata collabortion has just been announced! 2B, 9S, Adam, 21O and global exclusive units A2 and Eve will join the fray!
We have also announced a new event of Ariana Grane and the opening of a new boss battle at Chamber of the Fallen!
Details of each event will be posted on a later date."

:O

For some reason if I had to guess, A2 would be a 5* base like 2B too.

Hopefully she isnt because pulling her in that case would be almost impossible

Syntsui

It's too early for them, no? They will 100% nerf 9S TM.

The rates will be catastrophic, BF all over again

Wait Nier already? No way they don't nerf the shit out of those units if that is the case. I really don't want them right now if they aren't the same power level they are in JP.

EDarkness

Holy sh*t!

ceiIyc3l.jpg

Announced at Paris fan festa.

No way! I hope that's not true. I JUST used all my tickets and stuff to get Tidus. I hope they wait a few weeks to add in 2B as she's my next most wanted unit. I didn't expect her to show up for another couple of months. Man, this sucks.

Whales

Banned
No way! I hope that's not true. I JUST used all my tickets and stuff to get Tidus. I hope they wait a few weeks to add in 2B as she's my next most wanted unit. I didn't expect her to show up for another couple of months. Man, this sucks.

Gumi wants your $$$

Syntsui

This will surely be a double 5*, double 4* and double 3* banner, a complete bloodbath in the making much worse than the BF part II situation. Get ready sell your house if you want everyone on top of having multiple copies of 9S for the TM.

More important, we will have our THIRD Arianna Grande event who will tie with FF Zero as the most recurrent event in our game. Only the greatest receive such an honor.

tuffymon

Well... glad I didn't dip into any of my lapis I had saved up when snagging Zalga..., think I'll get the special bundle too >.>; going balls deep on that banner

Valentus

This week i will be having my tidus for the dark espers trial carry over. If you havent cleared the trial just put your id and i will add you

Zalasta

I want to complain about the rates too. Except for a single bomb encounter, I haven't seen a bonus enemy since the event started.

I can't wait for the Moogle raid to be over. This has got to be the worst raid ever, and the fact it's part of the anniversary event makes it even sadder.

This week i will be having my tidus for the dark espers trial carry over. If you havent cleared the trial just put your id and i will add you

I haven't finished that trial yet, but mostly it's because I don't do macros so I haven't taken advantage of the opportunities you had been offering :( thank you for making it available though!

EDarkness

I haven't finished that trial yet, but mostly it's because I don't do macros so I haven't taken advantage of the opportunities you had been offering :( thank you for making it available though!

You don't need macros at all. Just bring his Tidus with a character who can use Hide and let Tidus do all the work and Hide with your unit. Doesn't take that long, actually. Do make sure you bring an item that can dispell, because the buffs that Dark Ifrit gets doesn't go away on it's own.

Rixa

giphy.gif

Ty @Visceir at Discord

PSA: SAVE YOUR LAPIS SAVE YOUR LAPIS (or whale more)

19850903_10155302054230999_242028887_o.jpg

Notice the small print.

3% RAINBOW RATE IS COMING (dunno when) \o/

c-murph

Nier units are time exclusive right? Rip my savings for d. Veritas/ok and ayaka ;___;

Yeah, GUMI knows.

What do you have on your Tidus? I haven't attempted any of the trails since Girugamesh. Looking for some ways to cheese them for the rewards.

Top Bottom