• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Orcus

Team balancing!

DpB9NBjny7jF1pd0yt2.gif

Fixed that for you. ;) Although the HvsV change is very welcome. Here's hoping their auto balancing is actually team balancing, and that it actually works.

MADGAME

First bug I experienced - As an honor guard, I was unable to switch out of my equipped homing shot. I didn't mean to equip it and tried to switch back to my A280C and could not. Died to Greedo as a result.

"We are also listening to feedback regarding the charged cards as a whole, and have for the coming Bespin update implement a mean to actively turn the card off. This means you can manually disable your Charge card to push it into cooldown sooner, if no one is around you or you need to fire regular blaster bolts rather than Ion."

Manually disable shield? Yikes.

Also:

Walker Assault: AT-AT health tweaks
Sullust 31000 to 35000 = +12% Increase
Jakku 35000 to 50000 = +30% Increase
Hoth 30000 to 40000 = +30% Increase
Endor 60000 to 80000 = +30% Increase
Tatooine 33000 to 40000 = +20% Increase

https://forums.battlefront.starwars...-wars-battlefront-may-client-update-ps4-pc-x1

Are this buffs already in? Or coming with Bespin?

Because ive played some rounds on Jakku some hours ago with the new patch and it really didnt feel different.

Klocker

You mean to tell me you only use it for personal shields? I don't buy that. Use the cycler rifle if shields are such a problem for you.

Cycler rifle sucks , no fun for me... point being, everybody has their little crutch perk or card weapon. Calling out one over another at this point when the games is pretty well balanced is silly

Palpable

Cycler rifle sucks , no fun for me... point being, everybody has their little crutch perk or card weapon. Calling out one over another at this point when the games is pretty well balanced is silly

Nah, just explosive shot. I can tolerate shit like scan pulse at this point. If you need a crutch to get the drop on me, so be it, I'll still end up winning over half the time. Cycler rifle sucked for me when I didn't know how to use it. Now I exclusively use it in small modes.

Spacejaws

As a sucky player...I really appreciate the 15 kills total not jn a round change. Got it last night for pistol by the skin of my teeth.

Klocker

Nah, just explosive shot. I can tolerate shit like scan pulse at this point. If you need a crutch to get the drop on me, so be it, I'll still end up winning over half the time. Cycler rifle sucked for me when I didn't know how to use it. Now I exclusively use it in small modes.

I don't see how it is possibly worse than a scout pistol or cycler rifle (basically one shot kills) or blue orb

The explosive nets me a few extra kills a round and I do just as well h2h without it. It just has it's place for usefulness like all other weapons

I wish there were more 20 player modes so that there could be a 20 player playlist. They should add traditional Conquest and have Conquest Small (or even the Conquest Domination variant) be 20 players on the small maps and Conquest Large be on the 40 player maps. They'd have to adjust the locations of the control points from Supremacy and Turning Point so they would all not be in a straight line, but I can see how it could be done.

Dioxis grenade is pretty awesome now. Got a lot more kills with it yesterday and the added points for damage are nice as well.
Tried the Relby again for a couple of rounds, but it still doesn't click for me. It's one of the best looking and sounding guns in the game, but I still suck with it. Shame really.

Also:

pK2FD3s.jpg

Ambitious

The game's 57% off on the EU PSN for a week (€30), but the season pass is still the full €50. Have they ever discounted it?

MADGAME

Wow so Bacta Bomb apparently heals instantly and gives additional HP. Doesn't work on heroes.

Edit: 4,444 free credits today

Wow Bacta Bomb allows you to survive Luke's saber attack, dash, and Force Push.

That's insane
That's going to need rebalancing. At least it's a 40 second cooldown.

Imagine running Bacta Bomb, Adrenaline Rush, and a level 3 Berserker at the same time. Seems like a recipe for abuse.

That would effectively increase your health to 300% while negating the slow healing of Berserker.

Props to DICE for making the requirement for the Bacta Bomb getting Objective points. I played a few matches of Extraction this morning before work and almost everyone was actually playing the game properly and going for the objective.

Last night, I had to quit playing because I kept getting placed on teams filled with clowns. My partner in one match, I doubt even shot his gun once. Every time I accidentally spawned on him (by habit), he would be in some inescapable hole nowhere near the battle. At one point, I spawned near him as he was clinging to the side of a cliff. I had to fall to my death as my only option. My fault for not checking his position before clicking, but nobody got time for that.

Just got this from PSN sale - what are some good early unlocks for mp?

DH-17 is unlocked pretty early and it's one of the best pistols in the game. Pulse Cannon is unlocked at five I believe, that's extremely good for the larger modes. You unlock traits at level 15, just go with scout at first, probably one of the more useful overall. Also jump pack is pretty much a must on larger modes, you get it at level 13.

However, the nice thing is you can use your partner's deck, so you can try out different things before you buy them.

Just got this from PSN sale - what are some good early unlocks for mp?

Smart move! You're going to enjoy yourself!

All starcards are decent, find something that suits the game mode and your play style. Personally I think you can't do without the jump pack, but that's something you unlock at level 17(I think).

Hoodbury

Best Buy sale on the game now. Is there any reason to get the Deluxe version? The Best Buy description says it just has 5 extra in game items in it. Does it include anything else?

Best Buy sale on the game now. Is there any reason to get the Deluxe version? The Best Buy description says it just has 5 extra in game items in it. Does it include anything else?

Nope. And you can unlock most of it naturally, so don't do it.

I just did the first level

And then proclaimed it to be the best BF campaign since BC2

And then played 100 hours of MP

Lol

Guess I'm spending 9,99 then.
Cheers!

Hystzen

I think the strangest bug that is still in the game is the one that unequips my trait card every time I start the game up.

Yeah it is getting annoying I be heading in field with no cards in both hands so got do a match without any cards which is painful on Walker Assualt

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It appears they have introduced a new UI glitch when searching for a game on PC. Goes straight to saying searching for 0% full games, then drops me in a full game. Not really a big deal, just seems odd that they are struggling so hard with basic details like this or the hutt contracts.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Lol i got my first ever crash to desk top at the hutt cartel screen today, it just gave me a massive DirectX error and then closed the game.

I went back and it was fine.

Weird.

Top Bottom