• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Cagey

Banned
What exactly do you have against adding a word to the title? It's simple, and objectively much clearer. Why not do it?

I never said I had anything against it. Change it don't change it, whatevs.

It's just a title. Which is why I find this so comical.

Eidan

so one poster mocked. get over it.

the thread title confused the hell out of me. anyone that is a certain age, grew up with EDM as the all encompassing meaning to dance music. not pop dance. mainstream dance. it was just dance.

The other thread is titled "Electronic music". That title has a very broad reach, and could encompass many things (like a theoretical "rock music" thread). This thread is titled "Electronic dance music", which has a more specific focus. So again, I'm not understanding the problem or confusion. If you have dance music that you feel would be appropriate in this thread, just fucking post it.

bomma_man

I'm not sure what Hobart's like, but there's every chance you know some people I know, a good mate of which moved to Melbourne late last year. Hell, I actually played down there with him MANY years ago (many = ~5 or so). Next time you're up here, definitely hit me up, there's always good shit on! This Sunday is Superpitcher... but I think that kind of talk may be frowned upon here ;(

we have OB (top 40), Iso (aka slico) (bogan fights, top 40 + bryan adams), Mobius (hiphop/ OG dubstep), Syrup (old bogans, there literally used to be a stripper pole), halo (actual dance stuff but full of washups and i dunno if it's even around anymore) and.... that's about it. I try and stick to bars these days. where did you play though?? that was about the time i turned 18 and the drugs were flowing.

But yeah definitely. I'm coming up for Dreamtime at the G in May but that's around exam time so i probabay won't make a big one of it. really want to go to c-grade sometime though. my best mate that lives up there is acquaintances with tornado wallace and onologic if you know those guys.

Pretty sure that most of the people who popped their head in here and were somewhat confused (like myself) were genuinely so because it was interpreted that "Electronic Dance Music" is any kind of dance music you can dance to. It was a big surprise personally to find that the term only encompassed a relatively narrow field of what "electronic music" fits into (which is almost infinitely massive), as I'm sure it was to a handful of others.

I think why a lot of people are on the back foot about this is because of seeing posts like "Oh good, finally an EDM thread" when to them, an already appropriate one exists. Then comments such as "This is the general EDM that's less intimidating to new comers, if you want to be a music snob stick to your other thread bullshit" pop up and of course, people get defensive.

Personally, I don't have a problem in the slightest with this type of thread existing (in concept), in light of the knowledge that "EDM" means something very specific (compared to what the acronym literally stands for). It's people assuming that everyone should know what "EDM" is and how it's different to the "Electronic music thread" that gets on my goat. Perhaps to avoid future people from posting things that belong in the other thread in here, change the thread title to "Mainstream EDM". After all, it only started because of how that acronym was interpreted (and understandably so, IMO). Better to have a few people in here going "Well, what other kind of EDM is there?" than newbies posting "Imma let you all finish, but Aphex Twin is the best electronic dance music act of ALL TIME" and getting shouted down for it.

It's the same reason you can't arc up at someone for not knowing that a "thong" in the US has a completely different meaning to a "thong" in Australia. If I created a thread called "Thongs |OT|" and lost my shit because everyone thought I was talking about these:

Yeah, exactly. not be mean - and i don't see myself as particularly knowledge about the intricacies of dance - but the whole premise of this thread is pretty ignorant.

edit: it's like making a thread about coldplay and not acknowledging karma police. or something.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I never said I had anything against it. Change it don't change it, whatevs.

It's just a title. Which is why I find this so comical.

So a bunch of people are genuinely confused, you trivialize the confusion and make it seem like they're all idiots for not "getting it", you whine about someone making one small comment about disliking mainstream EDM, but in actuality you don't even care?

Got it.

The other thread is title "Electronic music". That title has a very broad reach, and could encompass many things (like a theoretical "rock music" thread). This thread is titled "Electronic dance music", which has a very specific focus. So again, I'm not understanding the problem or confusion. If you have dance music that you feel would be appropriate in this thread, just fucking post it.

"Electronic dance music" is no more focused than "Electronic music". That's like saying "Hip-Hop" is more focused than "Rap". They're synonymous.

thabiz

The other thread is titled "Electronic music". That title has a very broad reach, and could encompass many things (like a theoretical "rock music" thread). This thread is titled "Electronic dance music", which has a very specific focus. So again, I'm not understanding the problem or confusion. If you have dance music that you feel would be appropriate in this thread, just fucking post it.

im too scared to post in this thread. full of music snobs.

Cagey

Banned
So a bunch of people are genuinely confused, you trivialize the confusion and make it seem like they're all idiots for not "getting it", you whine about someone making one small comment about disliking mainstream EDM, but in actuality you don't even care?

Got it.

You may have intended witty sarcasm with that post, but what you wrote is correct.

If someone read the title and was confused (the "Thong |OT|" example), that's understandable. Cool. If said confused person read the OP and remained confused about what the topic of discussion on this thread was about, then yes, this confused person is (in this instance) possibly stupid. Or looking to pick an argument. Or offended and defensive about another thread.

For example, I mistook the title of the "Electronic" thread to mean different types of music that, when I clicked and perused the thread, weren't discussed and often ridiculed, so I stopped reading. I quickly gathered what the thread discussed and moved on. No need to post.

Second, What you refer to as whining, I refer to as pointing out whining.

Further, why would I care if the title had some more words in it, or if the title was different? If the thread content is still roughly the same, what does it matter what a title says? If you can highlight where I even implied I care about the title remaining the same, please do so.

Davidion

All electronic music is dance music?

With the exception of certain genres that are particularly ill-suited for the dance floor, such as ambient and drone, this is pretty much a universal truism since the beginning of the existence of electronic music culture. The whole EDM = big room dance music is pretty much something that's made up by the mainstream American industry in the last couple of years. This is also why some overseas people have expressed confusion over the working of the thread title.

Oh and in the interest of keeping this thread from being way too argument/discussion focused, since ilnadmy seem to have meant very well with his perhaps ill-fated intentions, my take is that every post ought to be accompanied by a piece of music.

Plump DJs - Remember My Name
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah6P4VuQxBI

D23

If you're in Chicago, may be worth checking this out:

spring-awakening-2013.jpg

I hope you don't have The Last of Us pre-ordered though. :)

thats a nice line up, plus with EDC Chicago coming up

u guys are in edm heaven

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
You may have intended witty sarcasm with that post, but what you wrote is correct.

If someone read the title and was confused (the "Thong |OT|" example), that's understandable. Cool. If said confused person read the OP and remained confused about what the topic of discussion on this thread was about, then yes, this confused person is (in this instance) possibly stupid. Or looking to pick an argument. Or offended and defensive about another thread.

So let's say there's an existing Hip-Hop thread and someone makes a "Rap" thread with Kanye and Jay-Z in the OP. I post saying that I don't really like them, I'm more of a fan of Aesop Rock and Immortal Technique. I ask why aren't they represented here, and why don't we just stick to the Hip-Hop thread? And then people tell me to go back to the Hip-Hop thread, this is a Rap thread and those two artists don't belong here. I'm even more confused. That makes me stupid for not "getting it" that the thread named "Rap" is actually for Top 40 rappers-only? Especially when I'm one of several people to make the same "mistake" (I wouldn't consider it a mistake at all), and there will surely be many to come in the future?

Oh and reading this topic's OP doesn't even make it clear that it's for mainstream EDM by the way. Plenty of underground artists you might find in the other thread play at those festivals, have podcasts, get mentioned on blogs, etc.

All electronic music is dance music?

Pretty much, yeah. EDM and Electronic Music are used pretty synonymously, and have been for a long time.

Unrelated to the argument and actually OT:

What festivals do you guys plan on attending this year? I went to Ultra W2 and was actually a bit disappointed, especially compared to last year (I agree with a lot of the sentiment in this thread on Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/UMF/comments/1ayqdx/ultra_rubbed_me_the_wrong_way_anyone_feel_the/).

I plan on going to EZoo in NYC because I had a blast this year and it's like the anti-Ultra as far as organization and layout. The only similarity is the douchiness of the crowd due to so many NY high school kids.

I'm also thinking about TomorrowWorld since it's 21+. Eventually I need to make my way to EDC Vegas...

Has anyone done Spring Awakening in the past? What were your impressions?

cdyhybrid

So let's say there's an existing Hip-Hop thread and someone makes a "Rap" thread with Kanye and Jay-Z in the OP. I post saying that I don't really like them, I'm more of a fan of Aesop Rock and Immortal Technique. I ask why aren't they represented here, and why don't we just stick to the Hip-Hop thread? And then people tell me to go back to the Hip-Hop thread, this is a Rap thread. That makes me stupid for not "getting it" that the thread named "Rap" is for Top 40 rappers-only?

Kanye and Jay are talked about regularly in the Hip Hop thread. They're mentioned at least every other page, if not more.

And we always have our weekly Macklemore/quarterly Eminem threads in OT and everyone gets along fine.

Chaplain

I figured the following two amazing Daft Punk sets would please everyone.

(no downloads, only streams)

2 hours - Daft Punk- Essential Mix - 1997.03.02

01.Daft Punk – “Wdpk Essential Intro” (Daft Trax)
02.Paul Johnson – “Summer Heat” (Peacefrog)
03.Armand Van Helden – “Funk Phenomena [Dope Mix])” (Henry Street)
04.CZR – “Chicago Southside” (IHR)
05.Unknown – “Git Down Saturday” (Dance 6)
06.Remix Delux #1 – “Dee’s Knots” (Remix Delux)
07.Parris Mitchell – “Ghetto Shout Out” (Dance Mania)
08.Daft Punk – “Teachers” (Daft Trax/Virgin)
09.Martin Luther King – “I Have A Dream” (20th Century)
10.The Godson EP – “Drum Patterns & Memories” (K.D.J)
11.Jammin Gerald – “Get The Ho’94″ (Dance Mania)
12.DJ Attack – “Da Way U Work” (U.C)
13.Thomas Bangalter – “Spinal Beats” (Roule)
14.Thomas Bangalter – “Spinal Scratch” (Roule)
15.Tha West Siders – “Waxscratch Trax” (Dance Mania)
16.Fantom – “Faithfull [Prassay Mix]” (Source)
17.Fantom – “Faithfull [Original]” (Source)
18.Fantom – “Faithfull [Da Cracy Mix]” (Source)
19.I:Cube – “Disco Cubizm [Daft Punk Mix]” (Versatile)
20.Daft Punk – “Rock ‘n’ Roll” (Daft Trax/Virgin)
21.DJ Hyperactive – “Chicago” (Contact)
22.Daft Punk – “Oh Yeah” (daft Trax/Virgin)
23.Cajmere – “Only 4 U” (Cajual)
24.Trankilou – “Champagne” (Kif S.A)
25.Unknown – “And da Beat Goes On” (Dance 6)
26.DJ Funk & Gerald – “Hold Up” (Universal Funk)
27.Ween – “Freedom Of ’76″ (Flying Nun)
28.Zdar + Boombass – “Foxy Lady” (Cassins)
29.Gusto – “Disco’s Revenge” (Bumble Beats)
30.DJ Deeon – “Deeon Doez Disco” (Dance Mania)
31.Sweet – “Somebody’s Watching” (white label)
32.Da Mongoloids – “Spark Da Meth” (Strictly Rythm)
33.Roller Rink 2000 – “Shining” (Kumba)
34.Roy Davis Jr – “Gabrielle” (Large)
35.Robert J. Hairston – “Preacher Man” (white label)
36.Daft Punk – “Around The World [Motorbass Mixs])” (Daft Trax/Virgin)
37.Kenny Dixon Jr – “U Can Dance If You Want 2″ (K.O.J)

2 hours - Daft Punk - Essential Selection Special Edition Hotmix - 01-01-1999

[00:00] 01. Daft Punk - WDPK 1999 Greetings (01:00)
[00:59] 02. Basement Jaxx - Rendez Vu (04:49)
[05:48] 03. Mike Delgado - Byrd Man's Revenge (03:19)
[09:07] 04. Daddy's Favourite - I Feel Good Things For You (02:42)
[11:49] 05. Basement Jaxx - Rendez-Vu (Dreamzdub) (02:26)
[14:15] 06. Whirlpool Productions - From Disco to Disco (05:06)
[19:22] 07. Lonnie Liston Smith - A Garden Of Peace (01:56)
[21:18] 08. Chuck Roberts - My House (Acapella) (01:47)
[23:05] 09. Joe Smooth - The Promised Land (01:48)
[24:53] 10. First Choice vs. JohNick - The Player (03:03)
[27:56] 11. Mantra - Away (Todd Edwards Remix) (02:02)
[29:59] 12. Brandy & Monica - The Boy Is Mine (Remix) (03:26)
[33:25] 13. Gabrielle - Don't Forget About The World (Daft Punk Remix) (01:47)
[35:11] 14. First Choice vs. JohNick - The Player (02:33)
[37:45] 15. Joe Smooth - The Promised Land (Radio Mix) (02:31)
[40:16] 16. Teddy Riley - Is It Good To You (Acapella) (02:00)
[42:16] 17. Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You (04:26)
[46:42] 18. Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You (Bibi & Dim's Anthem From Paris Mix) (02:14)
[48:56] 19. Scott Grooves - Mothership Reconnection (Daft Punk Remix) (04:16)
[53:12] 20. Alan Braxe - Vertigo (Virgo Edit) (01:45)
[54:58] 21. Alan Braxe vs. Beastie Boys (02:32)
[57:29] 22. Basement Jaxx - Red Alert (04:29)
[61:58] 23. Green Velvet - Preacher Man (Acapella) (00:39)
[62:37] 24. The Bucketheads - The Bomb (02:42)
[65:19] 25. Bob Sinclair vs. Brass Construction - Got Myself A Tonic (02:23)
[67:42] 26. Nick Holder - Greatest Dancer (Remix) (02:23)
[70:04] 27. Daddy's Favourite - I Feel Good Things For You (Alan Braxe Mix 2) (02:18)
[72:22] 28. Spiller - Batucada (02:56)
[75:19] 29. Cheek Venus - Venus (DJ Gregory Remix) (03:05)
[78:24] 30. Brooklyn's Own - Another Seven (02:44)
[81:08] 31. Ellis-D - My Loleatta (Dishapella) (00:59)
[82:07] 32. Cassius - 1999 (02:43)
[84:50] 33. Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body (04:21)
[89:11] 34. Daft Punk - Revolution 909 (Acapella) (00:14)
[89:25] 35. Stevie Wonder - Isn't She Lovely (06:19)
[95:44] 36. Armand Van Helden - You Don't Know Me (07:46)
[103:30] 37. Nuyorican Soul - Runaway (Acapella) (00:37)
[104:07] 38. Daft Punk - Revolution 909 (03:08)
[107:15] 39. Nu Yorican Soul - Runaway (Armand Van Helden Mix) (05:24)
[112:39] 40. Eddie Amador - House Music (04:19)
[116:58] 41. Cunnie Williams - Saturday (05:28)

thabiz

Kanye and Jay are talked about regularly in the Hip Hop thread. They're mentioned at least every other page, if not more.

And we always have our weekly Macklemore/quarterly Eminem threads in OT and everyone gets along fine.

but no one calls us snobs and go back to the hip hop thread. thats why everyone gets along.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What festivals do you guys plan on attending this year? I went to Ultra W2 and was actually a bit disappointed, especially compared to last year (I agree with a lot of the sentiment in this thread on Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/UMF/comments/1ayqdx/ultra_rubbed_me_the_wrong_way_anyone_feel_the/).

I plan on going to EZoo in NYC because I had a blast this year and it's like the anti-Ultra as far as organization and layout. The only similarity is the douchiness of the crowd due to so many NY high school kids.

I'm also thinking about TomorrowWorld since it's 21+. Eventually I need to make my way to EDC Vegas...

Has anyone done Spring Awakening in the past? What were your impressions?

My festivals this year are:

ASOT 600 this weekend (not really a festival but it'll be going on from 7pm - 1pm, followed by an afterparty until 4am
EDC NYC
Electric Zoo
Tomorrowworld

The one shitty thing about going to festivals around New York is you deal with the NY/NJ high school crowd, which can be pretty frustrating. I went to EDC Vegas and the crowd there is MUCH superior, but the trip and hotel can get super expensive.

Still, I've had a blast at EZoo 2011 and 2012 since it's a little smaller so you don't tend to get trampled quite as much as at other festivals. People seem to get along quite well too.

LOL avicii just posted this on his fb

"Trying out boots for my new stage outfit. Which one do you like best? Haha"

Ha! That's awesome.

Eidan

Pretty much, yeah. EDM and Electronic Music are used pretty synonymously, and have been for a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC16FJTI6XM
tumblr_m7ft6kpa701qd4xnro1_500.gif

But whatever. If adding "mainstream" or "big room" to the title would make the guys in the other thread happy, I wouldn't have a big problem with it. As long as this thread still exists. One need only search the word "Avicii" in the other thread to understand why someone might feel the need to create this one.

D23

My festivals this year are:

ASOT 600 this weekend (not really a festival but it'll be going on from 7pm - 1pm, followed by an afterparty until 4am
EDC NYC
Electric Zoo
Tomorrowworld

The one shitty thing about going to festivals around New York is you deal with the NY/NJ high school crowd, which can be pretty frustrating. I went to EDC Vegas and the crowd there is MUCH superior, but the trip and hotel can get super expensive.

Still, I've had a blast at EZoo 2011 and 2012 since it's a little smaller so you don't tend to get trampled quite as much as at other festivals. People seem to get along quite well too.

Ha! That's awesome.

w.t.f
so jealous!!

im thinking of going to to Tomorrowworld this year, i wonder how is it going to be like

thabiz

Well no, from your perspective it would be like having a Shooters [OT] and it being only about FPSes.

well no, he is right.

"The term's use surged in the US in the late 2000s with the mainstream appeal of hybrid styles which were increasingly disconnected from EDM's relatively underground roots"

see why us old timers are confused?

Eidan

well no, he is right.

"The term's use surged in the US in the late 2000s with the mainstream appeal of hybrid styles which were increasingly disconnected from EDM's relatively underground roots"

He's wrong because the PS3 is a gaming console, not a genre of gaming. If this were the SAT and he were faced with the question.

Electronic music : mainstream/big room dance music ::

And answered

PS3 : FPS

He would get the question wrong.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC16FJTI6XM
tumblr_m7ft6kpa701qd4xnro1_500.gif

But whatever. If adding "mainstream" or "big room" to the title would make the guys in the other thread happy, I wouldn't have a big problem with it. As long as this thread still exists. One need only search the word "Avicii" in the other thread to understand why someone might feel the need to create this one.

Haha I can't either, man, but I'm not going to judge those who are into hearing that type of stuff at clubs. To each his own.

And I absolutely agree that this thread is needed, and am happy that it's here. I subscribed immediately.

bomma_man

well no, he is right.

This is hilarious though, obviously no mods give a shit about 'edm' otherwise the other thread would've in community years ago.

I really don't mean to be a cunt, but I really think there should be a catch all thread, unless you can classify whatever this thread is about as a sub-genre. I don't think anyone in the other thread means to be an arsehole, and obviously they should be disciplined or whatever if they are (I barely contribute because I'm always so behind, it is somewhat intimidating when you're going against lush).

thabiz

He's wrong because the PS3 is a gaming console, not a genre of gaming. If this were the SAT and he were faced with the question.

Electronic music : mainstream/big room dance music ::

And answered

PS3 : FPS

He would get the question wrong.

but he is not directly making the comparison. he is saying that yes, the ps3 is a game console, but you are only going to discuss shooters in this thread. this would confuse most people.

edm means all genres, but you guys are only looking for the mainstream stuff. hence the confusion. just because YOU cant dance to burial, doesnt mean its not dance music.

i can assure you that 2 step, breakbeat, garage, etc is played in many, many, clubs all over the world. plenty of people get jiggy with that shit.

perhaps since this is an international board, American EDM should be the thread title. EDM continues to mean ALL dance music in other parts of the world.

cdyhybrid

but he is not directly making the comparison. he is saying that yes, the ps3 is a game console, but you are only going to discuss shooters in this thread. this would confuse most people.

edm means all genres, but you guys are only looking for the mainstream stuff. hence the confusion. just because YOU cant dance to burial, doesnt mean its not dance music.

i can assure you that 2 step, breakbeat, garage, etc is played in many, many, clubs all over the world. plenty of people get jiggy with that shit.

perhaps since this is an international board, American EDM should be the thread title. EDM continues to mean ALL dance music in other parts of the world.

A lot of the people posted in this thread aren't American though. I think mainstream is fine.

Eidan

Ok. I don't want to belabor the point, but I'll reiterate. His complaint was that this thread is called EDM (a genre of music), but only is about more popular, big room dance music (a popular subset of the genre). He likened it to a thread about the PS3 (a gaming console) being about FPSes (a genre of games). This is a poor analogy. So I offered that he should have instead said it was like a shooter thread (a genre of games) that was only about FPSes (a popular subset of the genre). I understand his point, I'm just correcting the analogy.

If you guys want the title changed to "mainstream" EDM, I wouldn't have a problem with it. As long as there's a thread where one doesn't have to suffer through "avicii da god" posts any time someone says they think the guy is good.

thabiz

Ok. I don't want to belabor the point, but I'll reiterate. His complaint was that this thread is called EDM (a genre of music), but only is about more popular, big room dance music (a popular subset of the genre). He likened it to a thread about the PS3 (a gaming console) being about FPS (a genre of games). This is a poor analogy. So I offered that he should have instead said it was like a shooter thread (a genre of games) that was only about FPSes (a popular subset of the genre). I understand his point, I'm just correcting the analogy.

If you guys want the title changed to "mainstream" EDM, I wouldn't have a problem with it. As long as there's a thread where one doesn't have to suffer through "avicii da god" posts any time someone says they think the guy is good.

well if you popped into the thread once in awhile, you are welcome to, you would know that "avicii da god" is a joke and we are just having fun.

i guess that poster was right. there are a lot of inside jokes, but continue to take it personally.

have fun guys. good work Dance Inferno. great op! see ya in plug.

bomma_man

Ok. I don't want to belabor the point, but I'll reiterate. His complaint was that this thread is called EDM (a genre of music), but only is about more popular, big room dance music (a popular subset of the genre). He likened it to a thread about the PS3 (a gaming console) being about FPS (a genre of games). This is a poor analogy. So I offered that he should have instead said it was like a shooter thread (a genre of games) that was only about FPSes (a popular subset of the genre). I understand his point, I'm just correcting the analogy.

Seriously dude I'm drunk and it's four in the morning. The analogy wasn't perfect, but you obviously understand what I meant. (Kinda sums up this whole argument really hey).

Ashhong

It's funny because it seems like the only people in here complaining about the thread's meaning are the people from the other thread. We've got a ton of new posters in here who know exactly what the thread is intended for. Obviously this thread is serving it's intended purpose when we have people coming in saying "finally a thread for EDM!". Is it our fault they don't care about your thread?

If you don't like the music posted here, stay out. Simple as that. Nobody said you CANT post your underground beep boop music in here. Just know that we probably wont care about it, just like you guys dont care when someone posts mainstream shit in yours.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny because it seems like the only people in here complaining about the thread's meaning are the people from the other thread. We've got a ton of new posters in here who know exactly what the thread is intended for.

Wrong *waves hand*

I hate the music in the other thread, doesn't make the title any more/less confusing. All of the points I've (and others) have made still stand.

D23

It's funny because it seems like the only people in here complaining about the thread's meaning are the people from the other thread. We've got a ton of new posters in here who know exactly what the thread is intended for.

If you don't like the music posted here, stay out. Simple as that. Nobody said you CANT post your underground beep boop music in here. Just know that we probably wont care about it, just like you guys dont care when someone posts mainstream shit in yours.

100% percent this!

anyway more music, and less arguing :)

ive been into liquid dubstep lately especially from Adventure club or seven lions
really love this one

Yuna-Lullabies(adventure Club remix) ULTRATV played this song as the outro to ultra music festival and ive been addicted to it ever since. sooo goood

anyone here know any more dubstep that are like this? i have all seven lions songs

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
6590-PLUR.png

PLUR, fellas. We can all get along. If changing the thread title will get people to shut up then I'll gladly do it.

Anyway here's some new music and stuff:

W&W - Mainstage 148 Podcast

01. Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie - This Is What It Feels Like (W&W Remix)
02. Joe Garston & Andrew Farr - Happy Ending
03. Borgore & Cedric Gervais - Deception
04. Laidback Luke & Hardwell - Dynamo
05. Martin Garrix & Jay Hardaway - Error 404
06. Corderoy - Debacle
07. Paul Oakenfold feat. Austin Bis - Who Do You Love (Bass Ninjas Remix)
08. Omnia - The Light
09. Smash of the Week: Hardwell feat. Amba Shepherd - Apollo (Dash Berlin Remix)
10. Ashley Wallbridge - Yin Yang
11. Awolnation - Sail (Borgore Pop The Sweating Im Sailing Remix)
12. Mainstage ID: Armin van Buuren & W&W - D# Fat (ID Remix)
13. Most Wanted: Mark Sixma - Requiem
14. Beat Service - Aurora
15. Andrew Rayel - Zeus

Ashhong

Wrong *waves hand*

I hate the music in the other thread, doesn't make the title any more/less confusing. All of the points I've (and others) have made still stand.

I stand corrected. But would you really have an issue with it and demand a title change if other people weren't making a fuss about it?

and from the other thread:

OIC. So the Trance dude wasn't getting enough love so he had to go and start his own club? Gee I wonder why..

Nice. Real friendly environment you guys got over there.

D23

6590-PLUR.png

PLUR, fellas. We can all get along. If changing the thread title will get people to shut up then I'll gladly do it.

Anyway here's some new music and stuff:

W&W - Mainstage 148 Podcast

damn son, i just downloaded that podcast like a second ago!!

anyway, music elitists always scares me, why cant we all just enjoy the music let that be Avicii or daft punk or whatever ppl posted on that electronic thread!!
it should be obvious that the music in this thread are cater towards the big festival, especially if people read the OP ;)

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I stand corrected. But would you really have an issue with it and demand a title change if other people weren't making a fuss about it?

No. And that's the whole point.

If I knew people weren't going to be coming in here every few pages and asking about non-mainstream artists and getting ignored/shunned, de-railing the conversation, etc then I wouldn't care. But that's already happened, and I know it will continue to happen periodically in the future because the title is confusing, so I'd rather the simple change be made now to fix it than have to deal with it over and over again.

Anyone in here a Madeon fan? I can't believe how young and talented he is, I've managed to miss him live on several occasions that I could've seen him and it pains me.

This mix is just so smooth and the transitions are so nice. I love his style, it's all over the place:

https://soundcloud.com/madeon/madeon-live-triple-j-mix

100% percent this!

anyway more music, and less arguing :)

ive been into liquid dubstep lately especially from Adventure club or seven lions
really love this one

Yuna-Lullabies(adventure Club remix) ULTRATV played this song as the outro to ultra music festival and ive been addicted to it ever since. sooo goood

anyone here know any more dubstep that are like this? i have all seven lions songs

What Seven Lions and Adventure Club would you recommend?

I like Crave You (Adventure Club Remix) by Flight Facilities, and Retro City (LOUDPVCK Remix) and Wait by AC. I don't know any Seven Lions at all.

D23

If I knew people weren't going to be coming in here every few pages and asking about non-mainstream artists and getting ignored/shunned, de-railing the conversation, etc then I wouldn't care. But that's already happened, and I know it will continue to happen periodically in the future because the title is confusing, so I'd rather the simple change be made now to fix it than have to deal with it over and over again.

Anyone in here a Madeon fan? I can't believe how young and talented he is, I've managed to miss him live on several occasions that I could've seen him and it pains me.

This mix is just so smooth and the transitions are so nice. I love his style, it's all over the place:

https://soundcloud.com/madeon/madeon-live-triple-j-mix

i cant quote this enough but this MIX IS THE SHIT!! literally, its been on repeat for the last couple of weeks! madeon is a GENIUS!! i have yet to see him tho :(

i like
Foxes-Youth (adventure club remix)
Velvetine- the great divine(seven lions remix)
Above & Beyond- You Got To Go (Seven Lions remix)

such a chill mix!! melodic dubstep are amazing

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm I'll have to check that mix out. I saw him once last year but the sound system in the club was pretty shitty so I could hardly make any of the music out.

Ashhong

damn son, i just downloaded that podcast like a second ago!!

anyway, music elitists always scares me, why cant we all just enjoy the music let that be Avicii or daft punk or whatever ppl posted on that electronic thread!!

Well, we can't all enjoy the same music because we have different tastes =P

It only happened with the posters from that thread though. If they would grow up and stop talking about it, I doubt we will get many derails. Anyway, there wouldn't be any shunning. Probably some comment on the music and then if anything politely point them to the other thread.

I dont really care one way or another, we can add a Mainstream to it, even though I think its unnecessary. But doesn't the Flo Rida in the title kind of imply mainstream too?

What Seven Lions and Adventure Club would you recommend?

I like Crave You (Adventure Club Remix) by Flight Facilities, and Retro City (LOUDPVCK Remix) and Wait by AC. I don't know any Seven Lions at all.

I love pretty much all Seven Lions tracks I've heard. His dubstep remixes of trance songs are godly. Not sure if you are a fan of vocals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS3FveGPGEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDplwu9kH9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1hWi-vgoaU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZjGSpUqxEs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZItRY-14ZBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBVIqTV0VNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuD9ic7j55I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUoLFF94FLA

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm I'll have to check that mix out. I saw him once last year but the sound system in the club was pretty shitty so I could hardly make any of the music out.

Definitely do it. Other good stuff by him:

The City
Pop Culture
Finale
Yelle - Que Veux Tu (Madeon Remix)
Martin Solveig - The Night Out (Madeon Remix)

Top Bottom