• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Shannara Chronicles |OT| MTV - High Fantasy (ft. Crixus & DJ Douche) - Tue 10/9c

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Yaaaaasssssssssssssssss

Though I kinda liked him better with long hair though yyyyyyyyy

Didn't even realize this was renewed. Assumed it was quietly cancelled. I might have to rewatch the last half of the first season because I barely remember any of it.

TheOddOne

Hadn't heard anything about season 2. Thought it was cancelled. Looks like it's on Spike now. Don't know if that's good or bad. Really liked the first season, though.

Really? I thought they were holding off until the name change and stuff next year.
Yep, it's today:

naamlo432osjpsg7.png

Trailer.

Sober

That actually looks ... decent.

Hopefully it's more fun than the first season, which was good but had its faults.

Is the second season also going to be a adaptation of the books though I wonder. I was just kinda want dumb fun adventures from this show like Legend of the Seeker was.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I was a fan of the books when I was younger so I'll probably watch even if it sucks horribly. That said, I think the network change could only do it good. No idea why it was on MTV to begin with. I guess everyone wants to hop on the GOT bandwagon.

I was a fan of the books when I was younger so I'll probably watch even if it sucks horribly. That said, I think the network change could only do it good. No idea why it was on MTV to begin with. I guess everyone wants to hop on the GOT bandwagon.

I mean it was really directed at appealing to tweenage girls.

Qvoth

oh season 2 starts today?
don't even remember much of the 1st season, what happened to the elf princess from season 1? don't see her in the trailer

oh season 2 starts today?
don't even remember much of the 1st season, what happened to the elf princess from season 1? don't see her in the trailer

She became the Ellcrys
Anyone else watch it? I thought it was decent but then again I'm biased. Kinda don't like what they did with Cogline though.

I didn't even know this was coming back until I saw a web ad or something. Anyway, I've got in on the DVR. First season was ok. I'll at least give this one a shot.

Ricker

Yes,this is on Space in Canada now...had to watch last season in SD on MTV(satellite didnt offer MTV in HD for some reason)...DVR'ed.

Dang it, not seeing on OnDemand listing for it!?

Ugh, Spike's site has that annoying log in nonsense that never seems to work...why in the world aren't they doing a course of reruns...

Effect

Oh I missed it. Hopefully I can find the episode later. To be honest though I wasn't looking forward to this. I really enjoy the books and the first season didn't really leave me wanting more. It had Manu Bennett though. The changes they've made though and some of the stuff I heard about season 2 kinda caused this to drop off my radar. Yet I feel like I have to watch.

Effect

I mean First King of Shannara. Mareth for example is a character from that book and has nothing to do with Will. First King is actually a prequel that takes place hundreds of years prior and was released decades after Elfstones and Wishsong. I'm not really sure what they're doing here.

Sober

Didn't read the books so can't speak to what or how material is being adapted.

That being said, it's a pretty big upgrade from S1. Like what I saw a lot more. Will post more thoughts later.

So strange to see Poppy Drayton basically from top billing in S1 to like guest star or extra billing this episode.

Sölf

So, I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes back when it was still new. How good was it in the end? I liked the first few episodes, if that is an indicator. I just stopped because I watched it on amazon and the player back then was hot garbage (aka, it had to puffer, it had low quality, it died a few times during an episode).

zroid

Banned
Sölf;251979014 said:
So, I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes back when it was still new. How good was it in the end? I liked the first few episodes, if that is an indicator. I just stopped because I watched it on amazon and the player back then was hot garbage (aka, it had to puffer, it had low quality, it died a few times during an episode).

Well if you liked the first few episodes, then I don't see any reason you won't like the rest. I find the series enjoyable in an extremely guilty pleasure sort of way. :lol

vinnygambini

First episode of S2 was pretty good, though the ratings have collapsed since the change to Spike, should have left it on MTV... we ain't getting a S3 if this keeps up.

First episode of S2 was pretty good, though the ratings have collapsed since the change to Spike, should have left it on MTV... we ain't getting a S3 if this keeps up.

Are the ratings just bad or is it a Riverdale type situation where it was getting bad live ratings but doing well on streaming?

zroid

Banned

i didn't even know season 2 began until a few days after it aired, lol

doesn't surprise me nobody watched the premiere

vinnygambini

Are the ratings just bad or is it a Riverdale type situation where it was getting bad live ratings but doing well on streaming?

It shed almost 60% of it's audience from the season finale on MTV, to the season premiere on Spike.... :eek:

That's a tough comp.
i didn't even know season 2 began until a few days after it aired, lol

doesn't surprise me nobody watched the premiere

Should have stayed on MTV, mess.

Top Bottom