• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

WPHsyrK.png

Finally free
Just in time for Subahibi release, fml

Whoever stated Dies irae is a 50 hour game... I'm not sure how you'd come to that conclusion. Skipping all the voice acting and the extra content still would only let you shave about 30 hours off the completion time...

What program is this? It sounds super handy...

So, if anyone still remembers Exogenesis ~Perils of Rebirth~, apparently Kwan will be releasing it with partnership with Sekai Project.

Release date is "very soon", lol. RIP console versions. (They're apparently still in development, but, I mean, Kwan AND Sekai Project means those are never seeing the light of day).

This is from a backer update so not sure if OK to post any quotes.

The game was supposed to be a post-apocalyptic Zero Escape homage with puzzles and other gameplay elements. I believe it got funded in 2013 or thereabouts (definitely before ZTD's announcement). Was supposed to launch in 2015, but they kept encountering setbacks (I swear they've changed programmers with every update in the last 2 years, and the director's mom died somewhere along the way). Was honestly not expecting them to do something with it.

Fun note: 20$ (my pledge) was 30 or 40 TL (Turkish lira) back then. Now it's around 70 TL

So, if anyone still remembers Exogenesis ~Perils of Rebirth~, apparently Kwan will be releasing it with partnership with Sekai Project.

Release date is "very soon", lol. RIP console versions. (They're apparently still in development, but, I mean, Kwan AND Sekai Project means those are never seeing the light of day).

This is from a backer update so not sure if OK to post any quotes.

The game was supposed to be a post-apocalyptic Zero Escape homage with puzzles and other gameplay elements. I believe it got funded in 2013 or thereabouts (definitely before ZTD's announcement). Was supposed to launch in 2015, but they kept encountering setbacks (I swear they've changed programmers with every update in the last 2 years, and the director's mom died somewhere along the way). Was honestly not expecting them to do something with it.

Fun note: 20$ (my pledge) was 30 or 40 TL (Turkish lira) back then. Now it's around 70 TL

I remember playing the demo a whileeee back and I think on Twitter or something else Uchikoshi gave them a shout out on their game. I remember visiting the website for updates but the game development blogs just went full on blackout and stopped updating, good news I guess?

What's the latest update from Sekai Project regarding their console titles? People have been playing Rabi Ribi on PS4 and Vita lately, but no thanks to them.
I'm interested in this as well. No updates since March, and that was just a generic "still in QA" message. Delays are annoying but understandable, but as a backer I feel like they should be more posting more status updates.
Posted a question to their AnimeFest announcement thread on reddit and... actually got a reply! They didn't reply on Kickstarter, on Twitter, via their support pages... but they replied to an unrelated topic on Reddit. I'm glad I got a reply but that was like pulling teeth!!

No real news there, but to at least have re-confirmation that stuff is happening is nice.

Never backing anything from SP ever again though lol

Knurek

Muv-Luv Alt is out. Subahibi will be out in a week. Chiru will be out... whenever Mangagamer gets off their collective asses. Fata Morgana fandisc, Sharin no Kuni and A Clockwork Ley-Line should be out this year. And we had Dies Irae and 999 release earlier this year...
What the hell is going on with 2017? It's insane.

Muv-Luv Alt is out. Subahibi will be out in a week. Chiru will be out... whenever Mangagamer gets off their collective asses. Fata Morgana fandisc, Sharin no Kuni and A Clockwork Ley-Line should be out this year. And we had Dies Irae and 999 release earlier this year...

Don't forget that we're getting a new proper Danganronpa game after three years and Higurashi's last 3 main arcs have all finished TL and editing.

TEEHEE

Knurek

Don't forget that we're getting a new proper Danganronpa game after three years and Higurashi's last 3 main arcs have all finished TL and editing.

TEEHEE

What do you mean, last three?
So far only 5 of them have been released on Steam, wasn't Mangagamer promising 14?

Buzzi

If Alternative lets me down it'll surely be insane how much disappointed I am with the hyped localizations :(

At least there's an hint of WTC5 next year, although I doubt MG (or anyone else) will jump on the opportunity of a simulatenous release.

aravuus

I'm certain it took me 50+ hours. Hate it, made me drop VNs for half a year. I think YU-NO gained me back lol.

Shame it's so long tbh. Would be interesting to replay it, see if I like it any more (or at least hate less lol) than on the first run. I'm not gonna put 50+ hours into something I hated before lmao.

It's one of the rare cases where I find all the love it gets simply baffling, but even I'll admit there's that one part that totally lives up to the hype.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
(Speaking of Muv Luv Alternative, if anyone wants to buy my Steam backer copy for $20, let me know :x)
Edit: gone

In other news, it looks like Sekai will so far, only be doing the physical copies/OSTs of Memory Dogma Code 01, not necessarily the complete thing. Sales didn't do well for it, even considering the Sekai Humble bundle. 02 is planned, but looks like the devs might not make it... as long as expected or something. I guess we could possibly get physicals of 02, but who knows. I can't fault Sekai on this wait, this time.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...fi-indie-visual-novel-from-japa/posts/1855832

LayLa

(Speaking of Muv Luv Alternative, if anyone wants to buy my Steam backer copy for $20, let me know :x)

In other news, it looks like Sekai will so far, only be doing the physical copies/OSTs of Memory Dogma Code 01, not necessarily the complete thing. Sales didn't do well for it, even considering the Sekai Humble bundle. 02 is planned, but looks like the devs might not make it... as long as expected or something. I guess we could possibly get physicals of 02, but who knows. I can't fault Sekai on this wait, this time.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...fi-indie-visual-novel-from-japa/posts/1855832

PMed you!

Figured I'd try asking in here instead of bumping one of the old threads.

Anyone happen to know if 999 on Vita has responsive controls during puzzle segments? The turbo-laggy cursor/camera in ZTD drove me fucking crazy. (I'd assume it'd be fine in 999 considering it's not 3D, but)

Shizuka

Figured I'd try asking in here instead of bumping one of the old threads.

Anyone happen to know if 999 on Vita has responsive controls during puzzle segments? The turbo-laggy cursor/camera in ZTD drove me fucking crazy. (I'd assume it'd be fine in 999 considering it's not 3D, but)

Very responsive, IIRC.

Knurek

Fun, World End Economica episode.02 (and I'm guessing 03 as well, since they share engines) makes coil whine noise on my GPU when 'scrolling' text.

(Easily fixable with dgVoodoo, so not a huge issue, although this is the first time I see a VN making a 980TI sweat)

Saw that on VNDB Why aren't they able to announce delays with enough anticipation, not literally the day before the original release date? Happened with Wagamama, if memory serves me right
According to sekai project discord, Wagamama had a memory leak. No idea what's the reason for SakuSaku's delay.

Shizuka

YESSSSSS. Can't wait to get home and give this a spin! I hope I don't end up regretting getting the Vita release after experiencing the PS4 demo though.

It's a visual novel, there's little difference between them besides portability, which I personally value greatly for the genre.

It's a visual novel, there's little difference between them besides portability, which I personally value greatly for the genre.

I'll be playing on my PSTV when at home, and on my Vita while travelling to/from work so I'm in the same boat unless the handheld performance is *that* bad.

Would be nice if Switch was an option so I don't have to compromise the resolution (as much) for portability.

aravuus

Just saw a tweet from Wario64 saying that a Danganronpa V3 demo is up on the EU PSN Store: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/900871169875689473

Does anyone know if the demo's content is in the main game? Is it a unique scenario? I'm getting the Vita version and don't want to have to replay a chapter if the demo content is in the actual game.

What the fuck, outta nowhere

I have SO much stuff lined up for this weekend. Gonna be an amazing couple of days.

aravuus

Wow, I really like the first-person exploration in Danganronpa V3. It looks like we can finally smack stuff around too because why not.

I'm probably not gonna finish the demo but goddamn I'm excited for this game. I might even replay the first two on PC while waiting for this to release.

aravuus

It has DR1 and 2's protagonists in it, so I doubt it's canon in any way, and I didn't see any mention of it unlocking anything extra for the full game. I guess it would work as a good way to get to know the characters, but eh.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It has DR1 and 2's protagonists in it, so I doubt it's canon in any way, and I didn't see any mention of it unlocking anything extra for the full game. I guess it would work as a good way to get to know the characters, but eh.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing something about Naegi and Hinata somehow being in it, but I've been kept in the dark from everything else.

I'll keep to upgrade to my shiny, new 64GB and download it tonight!

I was kind of expecting October at this point, to be honest. But that gives me more time for Utawarerumono and Danganronpa, so I'm not complaining.

Top Bottom