• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Age of Empires Gamescom Presentation (maybe AoE4) [Over]

Win 10 exclusive does not mean it's not on steam, does it? Maybe it's simply only running under 10, not 7.

That said, why play AoE 1 when you can play AoE 2? Seriously 2 is so much better than 1.

Futaleufu

Cuningas de Häme;246639970 said:
Stop crying about Steam!

Every dev should pull away from there.

Microsoft, for once, is doing the good thing.

Did you already forgot about GFWL? "PC gaming is dead" narratives?

Steam is the best thing that happened to PC gaming in the last 15 years.

Stop crying about Steam!

Except their store doesn't work and assuming I can get a game installed, which I can't because the install button does nothing even on a fresh OS installation, I'm looking at games double the size (so a 50GB game takes 100GB of space) and their customer service is the most horrible thing I've ever dealt with in my life.

I agree Steam shouldn't have a monopoly on PC gaming in the West... But I'm not willing to go down the road of defending the Windows Store.

Altazor

hmmm, not liking the new in-game UI to be honest. Didn't mind the menus they showed in the trailer, but the in-game stuff... gonna take a while for me to get accustomed to, it seems.

Zia

"The series is now cohesive... "

Nah, bro. The AoE community is on Steam. Sending this to fail on the Windows Store is cynical as fuck.

JordanKZ

Stop crying about Steam!

The entire fanbase of AoE2: HD, AoM: EE and AoE3 are already there... It would have been the easy and obvious choice. It'll come to Steam in 6 months or so.

Tizoc

"The series is now cohesive... "

Nah, bro. The AoE community is on Steam. Sending this to fail on the Windows Store is cynical as fuck.

MS constant attempts at making the Windows 10 Store relative are laughable and depressing.

Dynasty

Dont know why people are acting surprised by it being exclusive to the W10 store. Saw it coming from a mile away. MS really needs to fix that store before next year when they will have Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, probably Halo6 releasing on it.

derFeef

Dont know why people are acting surprised by it being exclusive to the W10 store. Saw it coming from a mile away. MS really needs to fix that store before next year when they will have Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, probably Halo6 releasing on it.

Did you? The other games are on Steam, I see no reason this is WS exclusive. Makes no sense at all.

dream

This stream is so grating. The whole aesthetic is something better suited for E3 shows, with younger audiences.

Akoi

Empire Earth 3 had so dang terrible unit vocielines

Ve9Y3.gif

Yeah, I remember I got in the beta of that game and never really played it, so glad I didn't experience that monstrosity.

I only played EE1 and EE2. (2 wasn't nearly as good as the first one, but they changed game devs)

Empires: Dawn of the Modern world was an amazing game as well... (I miss Stainless Steel Studios)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
WinStore exclusivity at launch isn't the least bit surprising. I don't expect any other WinStore titles with MP functionality to release on Steam until after the Steam + XBL network API has been road-tested and is ready to be implemented into other titles. I'd wager that's why MS has thus far stayed mum on the Steam release of Killer Instinct despite "more details to follow" being uttered more than two months ago now.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I think I'm done with this stream. I hope to see an AoE IV announcement thread, but I won't be shocked if it doesn't come :*(

Top Bottom