• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

jadedm17

RHhIpmm.jpg

I hate everyone that isn't me.

I had 16 kills before they had a Titan, most scored by clearing half their team at a time.... How did my team even find a way to die? They were focused on me. SMH

I'm getting too old for multiplayer; Well, sober multiplayer anyways.

Alandrus

Banned
I finally got around to playing this game after I bought it for x-mas and this game truly is the sleeping giant of 2016. It's a shame EA didn't put more marketing in this or push it back for more polish. I'm not a huge fan of non-numeric sequel title but I felt this needed a DA:I / Adromada type of name. Calling this Titanfall 2 is weak when this feels so fresh compared to the first game. It feels like a proper foundation to a real series.
The campaign was okay with each level showcasing a new ability. It had me getting vibes of Halo 1. Yet I thought I felt I didn't know much going in and out of it. I thought BT was a delight with his interactions with Cooper. My favorite moment being when
when we meet the leader of our faction and she only speaks with BT about finding a new piolit showing a robot outranks Cooper
The movement and gunplay feels just right and had me feeling like a true footsoldier when online with everyone wallruning, sliding, and zipping like true piolits and I'm only sprinting.
This game just has me scratching my head with its awesomeness while it's player base so low. It's truly odd to see such a well designed game go unnoticed. if EA gave its next installment a fair chance, I can see it blossoming.

Played my first match of CTF in over a month. Basically since the 2nd week I had the game. I've gotten the hang of slide hopping and though I'm not that fast, at least I'm faster than most players who don't know how to use it at all and I wanted to see if I could put that to use. Unfortunately their are only 30 players playing it at this time of night on PS4. When I did get a game it was me and 3 randoms against a crew of 5. So we had no chance at all.

I'm hoping I have better luck tomorrow when their might be several hundreds playing and me being put in a match full of nothing but randoms.

Izuna

Banned
:D thanks

As for Hemlok, I wish I had switched from it a while ago. It just felt so good after I started with the EPG. I hope next balance patch keeps that combo relevant.

I honestly think the game would be x1000 times better if hitscan weapons disappeared.

I super agree actually. Well, the vast majority of them. Keep say, Charge Rifle, Wingman. Remove all others.

--)

Xbox peeps, organise a big group pls.

I got exams to revise for now.

deoee

No one does it consistently

but you wanna try to shoot them as they are falling

Yeah falling is what I'm trying but many people have another jump / boost / phase shift and I simply can't hit them that way ^^
You have maybe two shots at this with the reload times.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah falling is what I'm trying but many people have another jump / boost / phase shift and I simply can't hit them that way ^^
You have maybe two shots at this with the reload times.

As Scorch, just deny their ejection with your flame core. Use it just before they are doomed and they can't react to it :p

tbh I think I've only gotten like 5-6 Scorch Goosers in my entire playtime

Apharmd

Started seriously playing multiplayer about four days ago.

God, every day I discover something new and wonderful in this game. Couple days ago it was Mozambique courtesy of Izuna, yesterday it was Hemlok. Three days before all this, fell in love with Ronin + extra dash. Now I'm learning just how deeply satisfying Legion is. I'm sinking so many hours into this game, it's so unbelievably fun.

I can't believe how often I've won the Tone mirror with such a simple strategy.

-Wait for them to throw up their shield first
-I rush them and they back up
-Once I'm past their shield I finally put up my shield
-And now I'm free to fire at will with 40mm and rockets while my opponent has no defense against it

Anytime I'm the one who throws up a shield first I notice that some Tone players are coming at me and probably trying to use the same tactic. I'll hold my ground and melee instead to keep them behind the shield. Now I get that this probably won't work against better players but it's been doing wonders for me against the randoms I've come across.

I can't believe how often I've won the Tone mirror with such a simple strategy.

-Wait for them to throw up their shield first
-I rush them and they back up
-Once I'm past their shield I finally put up my shield
-And now I'm free to fire at will with 40mm and rockets while my opponent has no defense against it

Anytime I'm the one who throws up a shield first I notice that some Tone players are coming at me and probably trying to use the same tactic. I'll hold my ground and melee instead to keep them behind the shield. Now I get that this probably won't work against better players but it's been doing wonders for me against the randoms I've come across.

Tbh every other Titan is the same when dealing with Tone: push forward as much as you can, and force her out of her comfort zone behind the wall, without the wall Tone is a sitting duck.

deoee

Tbh every other Titan is the same when dealing with Tone: push forward as much as you can, and force her out of her comfort zone behind the wall, without the wall Tone is a sitting duck.

Works on 1 on 1 but what do you do if you're shot by multiple Titans? I still haven't found a proper tactic on how to approach 2 or more Titans when there's 1 or more Tones.

Works on 1 on 1 but what do you do if you're shot by multiple Titans? I still haven't found a proper tactic on how to approach 2 or more Titans when there's 1 or more Tones.

That is exactly why Tone is disgusting in pubs right now, because you simply have no way to deal with Tone stacks other than taking chip shots from distance with Ion or Northstar.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I love circle-fighting a Tone and ending up shooting them from behind their own shield :p (I play Tone too btw)

Dez_

It's crazy fun

Yeah, I was fortunate enough to run with a group for a while when this game came out. Really fun stuff. It's perfect for mixtape playlist. In any case, I was the guy you just invited for some rounds. Good games. I had just hit Gen 5 so in between all of my matches, I was rushing to remember what my loadouts were, ha ha. In any case, hope to play with you and a group again.

Donos

Man, you guys are making me want to buy a PS4 to play with you, but...

Hearing the console numbers makes me wanna pick this up for PS4 but I can't imagine it being fun on consoles at all

Well, i have great fun on PS4 but since i have seen some vids of better PC Titanfall 2 players with maxed gfx and typical lightning aim speed of mk/b, i want a new PC just for this game (and BF1).
I'm fairing quite well in shooters on PS4 with controller but i was rather dominant in the good ol' CS 0.X/1.X/Q3 days with m/kb and could use these skills in TF2 :(
Would always choose PC with kb/m over anything else but my Laptop reached the limit with BF3 on mid settings and almost melted after 3 hour sessions.

After getting a kid and buying a new car, a new PC just for gaming is out of the window. Let me check my Lottery numbers for today... nope.

Just reached Regenerate with my Pilot...for all the fuss, the "payoff" is tiny. Knew that before but still. At least i had enough credits to unlock everything i used before.

Greddleok

Playing in a group sounds fun. Shame I won't really be able to play for a week or so.

I'd be up for games if I'm on though, PS4. Griddle_lol.

I honestly think the game would be x1000 times better if hitscan weapons disappeared.

I think hitscan weapons are a big part of what give the game an accessible feel. Without them bad or inexperienced players would never hit anything. That's a problem if you want to sell a game to the masses.

deoee

I know it's fun but I can't imagine having fun with such a fast shooter on a PS4, like... I don't want to spend 30€ (or so) to find out, that it "sucks" compared to being able to aim precisely on PC :D

Izuna

Banned
I think hitscan weapons are a big part of what give the game an accessible feel. Without them bad or inexperienced players would never hit anything. That's a problem if you want to sell a game to the masses.

Overwatch doesn't have too many hitscan weapons either, nor does Battlefield (outside of snipers). I know people move faster in this game, but most pilots are stationary when they fire anyways.

I personally think it's just a netcode thing.

I know it's fun but I can't imagine having fun with such a fast shooter on a PS4, like... I don't want to spend 30€ (or so) to find out, that it "sucks" compared to being able to aim precisely on PC :D

Why not just try your PS4 controller on the PC version? You'll get to find out that way.

Also, play me.

deoee

Why not just try your PS4 controller on the PC version? You'll get to find out that way.

Also, play me.

Cause it's not the same because all other people will play on KB/M + the feel (input lag/framerate) will be totally different.

Also I need some 3rd party bullshit for DS4 to make it work with most game, which I have not installed lately :|

What does play me mean? :D

Izuna

Banned
Cause it's not the same because all other people will play on KB/M + the feel (input lag/framerate) will be totally different.

Also I need some 3rd party bullshit for DS4 to make it work with most game, which I have not installed lately :|

What does play me mean? :D

I have this game on PC and Xbox, that's what play me means. Also, the average PC player isn't any different than Xbox, probably worse imo. There are some killers on PC, but they're rare (or in pre-mades that'd kick your butt anyway).

Anyway, I think this game has native DS4 support, no?

deoee

The only shooter I played on console regulary (and mostly PvE) is Destiny, and this was ~1 year ago ;(

Also christmas and new years was expensive, I can't afford a double dip right now
LLShC.gif

I have this game on PC and Xbox, that's what play me means. Also, the average PC player isn't any different than Xbox, probably worse imo. There are some killers on PC, but they're rare (or in pre-mades that'd kick your butt anyway).

Anyway, I think this game has native DS4 support, no?

DS4 support isn't the norm, so I don't know :D

deoee

I don't want you to play on PS4. If you had an Xbox I'd buy it for you.

:D try ittttt

That's generous, but I don't own a Xbox, sorry :(
There's gift cards for PSN tho ;p
jk

I will try it later, I could use my Xbox one Controller for a session or two... :]

Top Bottom