• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

This is just a preview of how these scandals will go though, and there's a ton of truth to "Where there's smoke, there's fire" as far as most Americans are concerned. And you can't effectively argue that attacks are politically motivated since the general viewpoint is "let them talk, just create jobs."

Trump will never let these attacks go, but everyone will get fed up with that quickly. I heard 3 tables of Trump voters at a restaurant after the Streep thing talking about how much they want him to shut the fuck up and act normal. They'll be disappointed of course, but it's wearing on people.

There's no boogeyman anymore. He really can't blame Hillary anymore. Or Obama. He can still take jabs at the media but even still. He and the GOP have all the power. He can't keep screaming about shit when he still won above all else.

One thing I believe about people is that they hate someone who makes excuses all the time. And you constantly whine and talk about shit that really doesn't matter. It wears on people.

Maledict

Banish Cory Booker from the party forever if he votes to confirm Rex. His questioning of him was beyond disgusting. Spent more time congratulating and sucking his dick for being such a tolerate, good man than anything else.

But no any dislike of him is "purity testing".

As a big Hillary supporter, who thought he gave a great speech at the convention, I think Booker would be a disaster as a nominee. He isn't Obama - he's got numerous, numerous dodgy things in his closet. This is the guy who the Obama camp ended up getting into a fight with in 2012 because he was defending Romney and criticising Obama's campaign strategy of attacking Romney on his wall street connections.

Banish Cory Booker from the party forever if he votes to confirm Rex. His questioning of him was beyond disgusting. Spent more time congratulating and sucking his dick for being such a tolerate, good man than anything else.

So Republicans ended up being harder on Tillerson than he did? lol

So let's say this goes far enough to out Trump...

President Mike Pence will probably be the most disliked president in the history of the country. Trumpers already don't like him, Democrats hate him, and he'll be bogged down by the remnants of Trump's scandals. And lord help him if he pardons Trump.

This entire post is a purity test. It's fine though. It's a more legitimate purity test than just shouting, "WALL STREET!"

Regardless, you would be better off attacking Booker's record of stewardship as Mayor of Newark than anything else.

That can kill both Booker & Zuckerberg.

My ultimate vision of inauguration day is Trump walks into the oval office. There's a flash drive on the desk. A note next to it reads "I own you -44"
Do we have any Trump supporters/Republicans that post in this thread regularly?
Not really? A few from time to time? Though they're free to! Seriously, anyone is welcome as long as they're willing to debate fairly and not be a dick to other members; Same rules as the rest of GAF. You're way more likely to find them (and a sizable army of pro-Russia trolls) in the general OT threads of current events.

My purity test is "give a shit about people who aren't wealthy and about things that aren't your own self-promotion" and Booker seems to fail both of those pretty handily. If he won the nomination I'd vote for him I guess but I hope it doesn't come to that.

This entire post is a purity test.

An elected Democratic senator spent his entire short time questioning a completely unqualified oil CEO with Russian ties, who was appointed by a White Nationalist, racist lunatic, saying that he's such a great, kind, generous who has expressed tolerant and gracious views on Muslims, to the job of Secretary of State,

Are you kidding me? Being completely disgusted by that is purity testing?

avaya

My purity test is "give a shit about people who aren't wealthy and about things that aren't your own self-promotion" and Booker seems to fail both of those pretty handily. If he won the nomination I'd vote for him I guess but I hope it doesn't come to that.

He'd never win the nomination.

Zukkoyaki

I was a fan of Booker some months back but after reading these community threads and doing some looking around he's left a bad taste in my mouth. Seems like he actually is a lot of the things people accused Hillary of being.

If it came down to voting for him or someone like Jeb Bush... I really might vote R.

faisal233

C16RYBxXAAQwAtL.jpg

So they can be informed prior to the start of the impeachment process? I honestly can't think of any other reason unless they're just trying to get ahead of anticipated leaks.
Now I'm gonna be sad when this doesnt happen

Can't the russians just deny they have any such video and trump says see im innocent dont you trust the russians

Kaiterra

Banned
As a big Hillary supporter, who thought he gave a great speech at the convention, I think Booker would be a disaster as a nominee. He isn't Obama - he's got numerous, numerous dodgy things in his closet. This is the guy who the Obama camp ended up getting into a fight with in 2012 because he was defending Romney and criticising Obama's campaign strategy of attacking Romney on his wall street connections.

Oh damn I remember that now. I totally forgot. I'm off the Booker train then. >_>

It's funny because we all thought defections would come from Manchin or Heitkamp.

It's unrealistic to hope for Republican defectors other than the three Neocons right?

Mizerman

Really? Damn, I didn't know that.

Him and Castro. Right demographics, wrong everything else. And he'll have a lot of Seattle and California money to play with in 2019/2020.

I have a bad feeling he is going to be the easy front-runner if he can lock up the South early. Hopefully he decides not to run. I would be fine with him as a VP candidate.

I have a bad feeling he is going to be the easy front-runner if he can lock up the South early. Hopefully he decides not to run. I would be fine with him as a VP candidate.
If he gets shut out in Iowa and New Hampshire he probably will be done. I don't see him taking Iowa for the same reasons Hillary struggled there, but New Hampshire might be good for him depending on who else is running.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I bet it's going to be as messy as the 2016 Republican primary.

I think so, yes. The party establishment is in total disarray after Clinton's loss and there's no clear co-ordination around candidates, there's a lot of pressure from the outside to have an open race, there are no clear contenders, Iowa being first and being a small state means you don't necessarily need big money to throw your hat in if you can get an early win and coast it, Trump will probably look like an easy prospect - there's going to be an enormous number of contenders.

The betting markets are absolutely nuts. Warren is the odds leader, then Booker, then Michelle Obama, then Cuomo, then Kaine, then Biden. I guarantee now it will not be any of them; I have literally no idea what is going on there other than novelty money maybe. Then you have Sherrod Brown, Bernie Sanders, and Hillary Clinton (!!) all on 16-1 - these seem like safety nets for the bookies for me because three will get a lot of money now just from name recognition and even if unlikely you want to hedge that loss. All these candidates are ahead of Castro, Klobuchar, Hickenlooper, Cortez-Masto, Harris, and so on. Shows you how uncertain it is, you have clear novelty bets and then 'safety hedges' ahead of genuine contenders. Nobody has any idea.

Kaiterra

Banned
I bet it's going to be as messy as the 2016 Republican primary.

I honestly hope it is. I think that helped Trump bigly, not just in the primary but in the general as well. It made him look like a stronger candidate to the GOP base because hey look how many of their guys he beat? It totally eliminated the whole aura of there being a "chosen one" on that side, which Hillary was saddled with. We were laughing at it a year ago and more but having a bazillion entrants was a major boon to the GOP in the end.

How's Hickenlooper?
Seems pretty center-left, like a normal swing state Democrat for a state where his base is urban professionals. Opposed marijuana legalization until it turned out well, opposed the single payer initiative, pro gun control. Would probably have a base more like Clinton's than Sander's. Also has a goofy name.

The thing about this unverifiable intel is that it's so fucking believable because of what we know of Trump's character. He's definitely a sexual deviant and we know he has an affinity for Slavic women. He even called his daughter Ivanka.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also, if today we're doing 'disillusion people about candidates they thought were good', well...

Aid continuing tensions over the fatal police shootings of black men across the nation, some civil rights activists and members of California's Legislative Black Caucus say state Atty. Gen. Kamala Harris must do more to increase accountability and ensure impartial investigations.

Of primary concern is Harris' opposition to legislation that would require her office to independently investigate fatal police shootings. Harris also has stopped short of endorsing statewide regulations on the use of police body cameras, saying that she believes all officers should wear them but that local agencies are best equipped to enact policies.

"Her absence is noticeable," said Sen. Holly Mitchell (D-Los Angeles), a member of the black caucus. "People are looking to her for guidance and direction."

Assemblyman Kevin McCarty (D-Sacramento) — who like Mitchell is backing Harris' Senate candidacy — said he was disappointed last year when the attorney general did not support legislation that would require the Department of Justice to investigate deadly police shootings.

There is growing skepticism, he said, about whether local prosecutors can impartially investigate officers with whom they often work closely.

"The African American and civil rights community have been disappointed that [Harris] hasn't come out stronger on this," said McCarty, who is also a member of the black caucus. "I hope that she sees this is a nuanced approach and makes sense."

If Harris wants a shot, her best chance is capturing the Obama coalition. That might be difficult to do if she continues her current trend of obviously moderating in a way that is detrimental to civil rights causes. There's too many Democrats making clumsy bids for an imagined centre ground as prelude to setting up presidential runs.

It's not an enormous danger yet (hence why I highlighted she still has support), but it's setting a trend of Gabbard wanting to be discussed in respect to a Trump presidential pick and Booker sliming up to a cabinet appointee. A much less bad example, but you get the drift. There are some things worth fighting for and this is an important one that shouldn't have been dropped for image concerns.

People who you should support in 2020 no matter their ideology because they seem like they won't run a fucking mess of a campaign that's scandal ridden:

Sherrod
Roy Cooper
Cortez Masto
JBE
Baldwin
Bullock
Kander
Klobuchar
Franken
Murphy
O'Malley
Duckworth