• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cracked: 3 Mistakes Women Make When Dealing With Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're a young college student, then sure, a man or woman that sleeps around with multiple partners becomes desirable, but if you're looking for a real relationship, neither a man or a woman will want to go out with a man or woman that just has sex all over the place.

Speak for yourself.

Bleepey

I don't think men and women are supposed to understand each other.

I went through a single period before my current relationship where I had a lot of women friends. A lot of them would say things like, "you are a great guy but I wouldn't date you," even though I wasn't asking them to be my girlfriend or anything like that. I was just enjoying being single and they just happened to be my friends. Fast forward to now when I find myself in a fairly serious relationship and all of a sudden all these women are coming out of the woodwork telling me they miss me and how they would've dated me if I'd "shown any interest in them." Ain't that some shit? You preemptively cut off any possibility of me being interested in you by telling me you don't like me in that way then you turn it around on me and blame me for not taking the initiative as if I'm supposed to be able to read your mind and automatically know that you mean the exact opposite of the words that are coming out of your mouth.

Have you actually been in a relationship? Because women play hard to get and constantly test you even when they are in a relationship.
Women can't think for themselves. The best way to get a girl is to get other women interested in you, go clubbing with women, have an attractive friend to sing your praises in nights out, no word of a lie be seen walking down the street with a girl will get you more attention.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If you're a young college student, then sure, a man or woman that sleeps around with multiple partners becomes desirable, but if you're looking for a real relationship, neither a man or a woman will want to go out with a man or woman that just has sex all over the place.
Keep your virgins.

Gimme that 40-something that knows how to drive stick kthnx

Many guys don't find promiscuity attractive...

Despite my objections, many guys I talk to find it disturbing. Especially when the women use their body for getting men. "Put your hand on my tits," "all of this can be yours if you ______."

For those who say women enjoy sex as much as we do... well, testosterone.

I honestly don't know one way or the other. Only the last line is what I submit as a thought...

Mekere

IMO, the most common mistake we do is thinking that men can understand what we want without saying anything.

Yeah right...

If I want something from my BF, I tell him directly, If I'm angry at him for something I tell him exactly why. If I want a present... well I buy it myself. Life is way easier like this and we avoid useless conflicts.

Jonm1010

Banned
Keep your virgins.

Gimme that 40-something that knows how to drive stick kthnx

But is that what you'd settle down with? Which I think is the point with the promiscuity stuff.

It would certainly be a fun ride, but I wouldn't purchase it.
IMO, the most common mistake we do is thinking that men can understand what we want without saying anything.

Yeah right...

If I want something from my BF, I tell him directly, If I'm angry at him for something I tell him exactly why. If I want a present... well I buy it myself. Life is way easier like this and we avoid useless conflicts.

You are the 1%.

Many guys don't find promiscuity attractive...

Despite my objections, many guys I talk to find it disturbing. Especially when the women use their body for getting men. "Put your hand on my tits," "all of this can be yours if you ______."

For those who say women enjoy sex as much as we do... well, testosterone.

I honestly don't know one way or the other. Only the last line is what I submit as a thought...

Women don't enjoy sex as much? I fucking love orgasms.

Now realize that your definition isn't the universal one. And if it were a man, in many circles he would be considered a "stud" for getting all that "pussy."

Look at Dating-Age.

What does a man have to do to get laid?

A woman really just has to show up where guys are.

Not that I'm saying a woman should be called any derogatory names for it... just that I can kind of understand why respect is given to a man who gets laid often. It takes work.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
A friend of mine admitted to starting shit to keep her relationship interesting.

Your friend is dumb :)

Best advice for people dating: If you are excited, act excited
OR
Treat others the way you'd like to be treated

The alternative is wasting time with people who don't like you that much

Look at Dating-Age.

Not that I'm saying a woman should be called any derogatory names for it... just that I can kind of understand why respect is given to a man who gets laid often. It takes work.

It takes work for the very same reasons you're judging women. Lul oops.

DY_nasty

But is that what you'd settle down with? Which I think is the point with the promiscuity stuff.

It would certainly be a fun ride, but I wouldn't purchase it.
Just because someone has sex a lot, it doesn't mean that they're "tainted"

I just don't get this whole need to have someone innocent and pure in this day and age. What's the point of having some girl that doesn't even know where to start looking to find your dick? Hell, a person has a healthy sex life is more likely to have a good relationship anyways.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Look at Dating-Age.

Dude...
Think about the context of the conversation.
Men have to "work"to get laid, because women are shamed for having too much sex with too many people.
It's not like vibrators gotta buy women flowers.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Look at Dating-Age.

You really need to get off the internet advice columns.

DY_nasty

I'm pretty sure he's talking about "Ho to housewife" not someone who has had sex before.
I understand the ho to housewife thing... but that works both ways too. And it ends just as badly on the female side as well.

More times than not the writing is on the wall in each scenario. If someone shows every sign of not wanting to settle down, what are you going to do? Talk them into loving you? Fixing them? Showing them the light? That's a sad and sorry road no matter which lane you're driving in.

Jonm1010

Banned
Just because someone has sex a lot, it doesn't mean that they're "tainted"

I just don't get this whole need to have someone innocent and pure in this day and age. What's the point of having some girl that doesn't even know where to start looking to find your dick? Hell, a person has a healthy sex life is more likely to have a good relationship anyways.

Well I think I'm just going in a circle now.

It's not about innocence and purity. If I have two equally attractive woman lined up who I am going to choose from to have a relationship with, do I pick the one that has less partners and has shown to want a committed relationship or the other girl who sleeps with multiple guys a week, has lots of one night stands and finds such behavior endearing?

What are the risks associated with each choice? You have to admit that the latter girl has a much higher risk in many areas: potential STD's, loyalty issues, commitment issues etc. etc. Frankly I can't see how a person doesn't have at least some negative thoughts when honestly assessing if they want a relationship with a woman like the latter.

Satch

Banned

It's not about innocence and purity. If I have two equally attractive woman lined up who I am going to choose from to have a relationship with, do I pick the one that has less partners and has shown to want a committed relationship or the other girl who sleeps with multiple guys a week, has lots of one night stands and finds such behavior endearing?

What are the risks associated with each choice? You have to admit that the latter girl has a much higher risk in many areas: potential STD's, loyalty issues, commitment issues etc. etc. Frankly I can't see how a person doesn't have at least some negative thoughts when honestly assessing if they want a relationship with a woman like the latter.
why are you trying to have a committed relationship with somebody that has a history of not wanting a committed relationship, and shows no interest in it

DY_nasty

The last part shows that this is clearly a slanted argument in your eyes before it even hits your keyboard.

It's not about innocence and purity. If I have two equally attractive woman lined up who I am going to chose from to have a relationship with, do I pick the one that has less partners and has shown to want a committed relationship or the other girl who sleeps with multiple guys a week, has lots of one night stands and finds such behavior endearing?

There is no fit all situation. The serial monogamous dater can easily have as many or more undesirable traits than a sexually open woman. There is no such thing as quantifying desirability through number of partners or lack thereof.

Steelrain

I understand the ho to housewife thing... but that works both ways too. And it ends just as badly on the female side as well.

More times than not the writing is on the wall in each scenario. If someone shows every sign of not wanting to settle down, what are you going to do? Talk them into loving you? Fixing them? Showing them the light? That's a sad and sorry road no matter which lane you're driving in.

Yup. The sad thing is I see it happen way too much on both sides. They wanna be in a relationship Monday-Thursday but when Friday rolls around and they want to be out in the street like they're single. The fact is, if I see a chick out there every weekend with a different guy , I'm not going to be an idiot and pretend that behavior is going to stop just because I caught some feelings. While it CAN happen, personal experience tells me it's not likely to happen.

No fair, JokerofSpades is a special case.

At least I pleaded ignorance to begin with.

And I'm espousing the views of my peers - this is what many guys and girls have said, despite my attempt to push other views.

I'm not going to not ask questions (however you may find them) or state viewpoints just because of people like you. Because otherwise, I'm just parroting what people on the internet say to people I actually interact with IRL.

Ezalc

Or you were just proven wrong and you have nothing to else to say.

How was I proven wrong? I said it was a tired argument because it is. I never agreed with what Joker said. This argument always goes the same way, somebody bitches that if a woman sleeps around she's a whore meanwhile if a guy does it he's some kind of fucking hero. That's all that ever happens in this argument, then you have some people trying to prove the other is wrong with the same bullshit arguments, women insist that there exists a double standard while men feel otherwise. It's a tired argument that has been talked about too many times to count.

Satch

Banned
How was I proven wrong? I said it was a tired argument because it is. I never agreed with what Joker said. This argument always goes the same way, somebody bitches that if a woman sleeps around she's a whore meanwhile if a guy does it he's some kind of fucking hero. That's all that ever happens in this argument, then you have some people trying to prove the other is wrong with the same bullshit arguments, women insist that there exists a double standard while men feel otherwise. It's a tired argument that has been talked about too many times to count.

This whole thing is a tired argument, dude.

I don't know why you'd pick that out specifically.

Satch

Banned
oh, i thought you meant just specifically what she said, instead of this all-encompassing subject

my b dawg

Jonm1010

Banned
The last part shows that this is clearly a slanted argument in your eyes before it even hits your keyboard.

Your honestly telling me not a single negative though would cross your mind when considering a person for a relationship with a history such as described by the OP's link?

I find it Lmost impossible to believe.
There is no fit all situation. The serial monogamous dater can easily have as many or more undesirable traits than a sexually open woman. There is no such thing as quantifying desirability through number of partners or lack thereof.

true, but to deny that what is described in the OP wouldn't be off putting and undesirable in a potential relationship partner to an overwhelming majority of people is being blind. Sure the more monogamous person may end up the worse chose, but I think all other things being equal 99% of men are choosing her over the overly promiscuous girl. Do you not agree?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
While I'm noting these things that people around me say:

- Vaginas do become loose

I guess it's ok to say nasty things about women if you attribute them to 'what people around me say'?
This is the equivalent of saying you have a black friend as you spout racist propaganda.

DominoKid

3.) Playing Hard to Get is a Good Idea
2.) Guys are all About Negging
1.) Being Slutty is Empowering

I just want to know GAF's opinion on the subject. Though this may go towards older men more than college-aged men.

So:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-mistakes-women-make-when-dealing-with-men/

My thoughts...

3. Chicks that play hard to get aren't worth the effort. There's no point in banging your head against a brick wall over and over. For every difficult chick, there's 10 that aren't a complete pain in the ass to work with.

2. I don't even know how to neg properly (so I'll just keep on moving to #1). I've seen it done to great (and baffling) effect. Honestly it's quite sad to see it work.
My roommate is an expert at it and watching him in action makes for interesting people-watching. He makes sport out of tearing a girl down and building her back up as he wants to. I just don't get it though.

1. Slutty chicks are nothing more than potential for embarassment to me. No thanks.

Jonm1010

Banned
I guess it's ok to say nasty things about women if you attribute them to 'what people around me say'?
This is the equivalent of saying you have a black friend as you spout racist propaganda.

I don't think thats quite the same thing. While saying a woman is loose is definitely an insult. What he did say is kinda true. Sex does loosen up vaginas.

Racist propaganda isn't exactly true. Hence why it's propaganda.

Still I get the point you were trying to make.

DY_nasty

Your honestly telling me not a single negative though would cross your mind when considering a person for a relationship with a history such as described by the OP's link?

I find it Lmost impossible to believe.
Here's what you said that kinda brings that out...

"What are the risks associated with each choice? You have to admit that the latter girl has a much higher risk in many areas: potential STD's, loyalty issues, commitment issues etc. etc. Frankly I can't see how a person doesn't have at least some negative thoughts when honestly assessing if they want a relationship with a woman like the latter."

Why do you think loyalty and commitment issues are something that directly tie into sexual activity? To piggyback off of what marathonfool said, they've got nothing to do with one another. Also, if anything, the person who is that much more socially experienced will have a better understanding of themselves and their needs when stepping into a relationship.

Its a bit of a joke to say that people who have more sex are more likely to have fucked up relationships.

"What are the risks associated with each choice? You have to admit that the latter girl has a much higher risk in many areas: potential STD's, loyalty issues, commitment issues etc. etc. Frankly I can't see how a person doesn't have at least some negative thoughts when honestly assessing if they want a relationship with a woman like the latter."

Why do you think loyalty and commitment issues are something that directly tie into sexual activity? To piggyback off of what marathonfool said, they've got nothing to do with one another. Also, if anything, the person who is that much more socially experienced will have a better understanding of themselves and their needs when stepping into a relationship.

Its a bit of a joke to say that people who have more sex are more likely to have fucked up relationships.

People who have sex with more people are not necessarily people who have more sex.

Also, not sure how there isn't a correlation between promiscuity and commitment potential. For both sexes.

DY_nasty

People who have sex with more people are not necessarily people who have more sex.
Same holds true either way.

The person who has sex with 3 people in a month and the person who has sex with 3 people in a year - you can't look at that alone and say "Wow, that first person needs to slow down"

Jonm1010

Banned

Well like another poster said to you in a slightly different situation, someone who has built their habits in a manner that seeks out and sleeps with people easily and frequently will in all likelihood have a harder time remaining loyal and faithful then a person who has a
past history of having long term relationships and remaining loyal.......

........kinda like its less likely for me to look at porn in the next week if I never really looked at porn much before compared to another guy who looks at it three times a day and is now asked to avoid looking at porn.

Im also not sure that a promiscuous person will know more of what they want then someone who tends to stick to committed relationships. Especially if the promiscuous girl has rarely if ever been in a long term relationship. Relationships are a whole different animal after a year or two. Just sleeping with many people isn't going to teach her anything about that other than what she likes at the beginning of relationships.

Al-ibn Kermit

Whatever dude. One man's prude is another man's slut and vice versa. Can't win. Can't win. How's about just not judging people for sleeping around at all?

Bragging about introducing strangers to your DSL's would make me think less of any man or woman.

Also after high school, I don't think I've ever heard a guy honestly brag about how much sex he can have.

People should be allowed to have however much random sex they want. But to consider that something worth bragging about, that it shows your social dominance over others, is just pure dipshittery.

Apath

http://www.elainehatfield.com/79.pdf
Whether or not it's a product of society's design, I'd say it's practically inarguable that it's easier for a woman than a comparably attractive man to get sex . I'd also argue based on experience and speculation that a man's competence and masculinity is also directly tied in to his ability to score with women.

Same holds true either way.

The person who has sex with 3 people in a month and the person who has sex with 3 people in a year - you can't look at that alone and say "Wow, that first person needs to slow down"

I don't think anyone has to "slow down."

I just think the dude is saying, the chick whose slept with 50 dudes in 5 years and has had no long term relationships is far less likely to be long-term relationship material than the chick who has been with 5 guys in 5 years and say two dudes for 2 years.

I'll agree with the loyalty part, though. Don't think either says anything about loyalty. But commitment? I'd bet the house on a strong correlation.

It's a signal about the person's personality, desires, etc. And above should be chick or dude. Works both ways, of course. No guarantee, but a probability.

DY_nasty

Well like another poster said to you in a slightly different situation, someone who has built their habits in a manner that seeks out and sleeps with people easily and frequently will in all likelihood have a harder time remaining loyal and faithful then a person who has a
past history of having long term relationships and remaining loyal.......

........kinda like its less likely for me to look at porn in the next week if I never really looked at porn much before compared to another guy who looks at it three times a day and is now asked to avoid looking at porn.

Im also not sure that a promiscuous person will know more of what they want then someone who tends to stick to committed relationships. Especially if the promiscuous girl has rarely if ever been in a long term relationship. Relationships are a whole different animal after a year or two. Just sleeping with many people isn't going to teach her anything about that other than what she likes at the beginning of relationships.

You seem to have already assigned personality types to promiscuous person X and committed person Y...

pottuvoi

Banned
My advice.

Don't play games and be who you are.
This only works when courting people with some decency and brains, but is the thing one wants from a person in a relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom