• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst E3 moments?

Phil Harrison introducing the motion sensor in the Sixaxis as some sort of industry-shattering juggernaut of innovation. "Don't you just love surprises!" he smugly declared, as he shamelessly waved around Sony's latest attempt to crudely copy Nintendo's recently announced technology.

amar212

I’ll get the obvious one out of the way.

Sony “599 dollars”

I still do not understand what is exactly the problem people had with this price tag?

For me it was absolutely fair price for such beast of machine in 2007.

It was cheaper than damn stupid smartphones backthan, better smartphone was more than 1000$/euro then, same they cost now.

Still can't comprehend the shitstorm, I still think it was great, great price for everything PS3 delivered as the overall box.

gogogow

I’ll get the obvious one out of the way.

Sony “599 dollars”

More like the entire Sony E3 2006 press conference. It was really embarrassing. And I stayed up for that shit.

- Phil Harrison's "it's fantastic innovation", the sixaxis controller
- Dylan Jobe's Warhawk presentation using the sixaxis
- Giant Enemy Crab, massive damage
- 599 US DOLLARS
- Kaz Hirai's "Riiiiiiidge Racer"

AHA-Lambda

Disney Kinect Adventures (or whatever the hell it's called)

I still want to smack those kids whenever I see clips of that moment again.

I still do not understand what is exactly the problem people had with this price tag?

It was cheaper than damn stupid smartphones backthan, better smartphone was more than 1000$/euro then, same they cost now.

Still can't comprehend the shitstorm, I still think it was great, great price for everything PS3 delivered as the overall box.

Because it was higher than anyone ever dared to imagine it would be? Because no mainstream console had ever been released at such a price? Because $600 for a video game console sounds totally ludicrous?

Mr. Sam

fATSo.gif

GCX

Worst troll announcement from E3 2003 (I think):

Miyamoto: I'm now going to reveal a game that has been my dream project for a long time. It's a new take on one of the most beloved franchise in gaming history and I think you're gonna love it!

Crowd: SUPER MARIO 128, I KNEW YOU WERE REAL

Miyamoto reveals Pac-Man VS.

Crowd: ...

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
James Cameron boring the snot out of everyone. Also, Konami's presser last year. Ugh, it's like they just played it by ear with the worst possible outcome.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sony 2006, Nintendo 2008 and 2009, Microsoft 2010 and 2011.

Which year was it where Sony focused WAY too much on PS Home?

"Hey ladies, how about some turkey burgers?"

And then Chewbacca came out.

I think it was 2007? 'Cause that was kinda a trainwreck too.

Yes I can appreciate it was a reasonable price for you, but it was significantly dearer than the 360 and that did matter. Most of us realised by that moment that the PS3 wasn’t going to dominate like the PS2. I do have a PS3 now and love it, but boy it did not look great for them at the time.

Cookie18

Microsoft every year since and including the unveiling of Kinect (from the time it was Natal).

Nintendo's Wii Music year was bad.

Sony announcing AT+T for Vita. I'm not in the US so I don't care but the boos, laughs and groans were really painful to see/hear.

Yeah, the PS3 is great, but 600? Shit was fucking stupid.

Who cares what the comparisons are? 600 for a video game console was dumb as all hell.

Those mugs standing on stage and using their Wii remotes as musical instruments for the Wii Music presentation. Like the top Youtube comment says - "i'm sitting alone in my room and yet i'm embarrassed."

e3_cringe.jpg

Hard to think back far but last year was all around disaster. Nintendo with their confusing Wii U intro, Sony with their 15 minute apology, and Microsoft with their supremely underwhelming Kinect titles. Also when Microsoft had the Beatles up on stage and they looked pissed to be there, that was classic fail! Quite frankly its hard to remember a good conference from anybody the last few years. You have to try hard to fail this bad. You want to win E3. Make most of your showfloor games up and playable on PSN and Live. So simple.

Top Bottom