• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

Shahed

That theme is gorgeous and I love the music. Now not sure whether to use that or the awesome I Am Setsuna Kuro theme :(

I guess I'll switch every now and then!

Shahed

I really wish that the PS4 let you randomize themes on launch.
Yeah I'd love to have this instead of switching themes every now and then. Choose a random set of 3-4 to alternate betwee.

That new piece from Kikuta is awesome. I love it when themes change the PS4 music. In fact I won't install a theme that doesn't have music associated with it. That combined with the leaves that come across the screen really make that theme. I wish the Setsuna theme and slow gentle snowfall.

Ravidrath

That's so cool. I'd also pay for a premium theme if you want to make another.

Yeah, when the game's out we may do something like that.

Right now, though, we're doing this to reward fans and hopefully promo the game to more people that aren't familiar with it to hit those pesky stretch goals.

Moonlight

Banned
That transition where Ajna goes from standing still to running is so slick. Love the music, too. Is this gonna be what we'll be hearing in the Inner Realm?

thumb

Banned
Yeah, when the game's out we may do something like that.

Right now, though, we're doing this to reward fans and hopefully promo the game to more people that aren't familiar with it to hit those pesky stretch goals.

Makes sense. BTW, any plans to sell the Anja statue post-release?

Ravidrath

Makes sense. BTW, any plans to sell the Anja statue post-release?

No, we need to keep that stuff exclusive to the campaign for it to have value.

I'm sure we'll have some extras made to hold onto for contests, etc. But we wouldn't sell that version directly.

NEO0MJ

Speaking of backer rewards, have you thought of what art you'll use for the giclee print? Game is still almost a year and a half away but I'm curious.

thumb

Banned
No, we need to keep that stuff exclusive to the campaign for it to have value.

I'm sure we'll have some extras made to hold onto for contests, etc. But we wouldn't sell that version directly.

Well, that settles it. I've sent you a message via Indiegogo about upgrading my perk. Really want that statue, and it's a good opportunity to further the game's development.

Ravidrath

Well, that settles it. I've sent you a message via Indiegogo about upgrading my perk. Really want that statue, and it's a good opportunity to further the game's development.

We'll be launching the BackerKit surveys soon, and that's where you should upgrade.

Speaking of backer rewards, have you thought of what art you'll use for the giclee print? Game is still almost a year and a half away but I'm curious.

We'll reveal a piece of art for the giclee print when the BackerKit surveys go out.

It may not be the final-final art, but would define the tone and theme we'll be going for in the final piece.

thumb

Banned
I'm so damn excited that this game is being made.

* Elements of Valkyrie Profile.
* Great, distinctive art style
* Interesting worlds to explore.
* Female, non-white protagonist for a change.

I can't be certain that I will love the end product. But I'm really happy to contribute (in a small way) to its production.

NEO0MJ

I think the Roti plush covers that angle.

I wanted each physical piece to have a different mood. So the plush is cute, the statue is fierce, and the giclee will be something else.

That's good to know. I'm hoping for something...adventurous I guess. Like start screen where Anja is looking towards the horizon.

Hastati

So, is it possible Indivisible is coming to the Switch? I saw 505 Games in the list of partners as part of today's reveal. It would be a perfect fit :O

Ultimadrago

A New Update has been Posted

Some really slick concepts drawn out for Naga Rider there

c4e2xobvaabr8u9cjvwl0zst6.png

jdhww9rm1ko7m2hc5mtydks8k.png

qrle5gcf2rlrlglugrkij0svp.png

More images in the link.

Ludens

Banned
This game looks better and better, I'm really happy I won it from that giveaway hosted on GAF times ago.
The PS4 theme is very nice too.

duckroll

I love the concept art and the character work. I... am somewhat bothered by the backgrounds still. In fact I kinda feel it's looking worse now than it was before. I dig what it's going for but the implementation looks a bit too much like a generic texture filter. It's just not natural and feels like details are being destroyed to create that look, and it still clashes with the character sprite which remains sharp, clear, and detailed. Is this still early work-in-progress? I think making the backgrounds look more 2D is the right approach, but not sure about the result here.... ^^;

Narroo

So you're trying to get a 2D look for the backgrounds? That's great! How are you planning on doing that though? I doubt something like Guilty Gear's Technique's are realistic for your team size and budget. I can't wait to see the results!

kami_sama

Great update, Ravidrath!
I'd also like a little info on how you're trying to make the backgrounds look 2D.

One issue I have with the last image is that the foreground pillars hang outside the floor. Other than that, awesome!

Ravidrath

I love the concept art and the character work. I... am somewhat bothered by the backgrounds still.

Still lots of experimentation going on.

Not sure what you mean by "a generic texture filter," though, because all the new textures are hand-painted.

Also, keep in mind that it looks very flat now because those only have ambient lighting applied and no shadows. The prototype's backgrounds had shadows painted in with vertex lighting, which is part of the reason they looked so much more "3D."

I'd also like a little info on how you're trying to make the backgrounds look 2D.

We're still experimenting, but the environments will be a mixture of 3D objects, 2D textures on bent surfaces to give them some depth, and 2D cards. Basically, the further back you go, the more 2D things become. And things in the foreground, like obstructing columns, plants, etc. will also be 2D.

We're trying to achieve the "deep painting" look we had with Skullgirls environments and the set pieces in the prototype, but hitting that with modular geometry is a lot harder than dealing with custom pieces.

Maybe a bit more shading and detail density in the back and foreground would help or some more worn out look. Like random details like vines or overgrown grass or cracks etc. I'm figuring the places we adventure to are not meant to be well-kept or something

I love how the characters look and animate but got to agree environments look a little bit pale compared to the character art.

As a suggestion I would take a look at Odin sphere muramasa or dragons crown maybe to get some ideas of how to make the backdrops a bit more lively. Those are all 2d graphics which is a bit different I'm sure though.

I love those games too and like how they execute parallax similar to how valkyrie profile did also.

It looks great as is imo but I think a little bit more could be done with the background art. But again already looks nice dint get me wrong still excited for my ps4 pre-order!

duckroll

Still lots of experimentation going on.

Not sure what you mean by "a generic texture filter," though, because all the new textures are hand-painted.

Also, keep in mind that it looks very flat now because those only have ambient lighting applied and no shadows. The prototype's backgrounds had shadows painted in with vertex lighting, which is part of the reason they looked so much more "3D."

In particular I was referring to the forest screenshot. I guess it was a poor way to describe it. The details in the textures for the greenary feel like they have less details than they should for the resolution, almost like they were lower resolution backgrounds upscaled and touched up by filters that ironed out the details in favor of clarity and smoothness. I dunno, I hope that made sense in some way at least!

Top Bottom