• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 FES (PS2 classic) coming to US PSN next tuesday

Chris R

Depending on how much it will cost for plus members I might just triple dip on it. Have FES already, but waiting to play it on my PC when I build it later this summer, and bought P3P when it went on sale last week to play on my Vita.

ghibli99

Does P3P have the extra content that FES has?
No, but it has the battle system of P4 as well as an entire female MC side (and a bunch of other tweaks). If you care about the anime cutscenes and such, then yeah, go with FES, but after playing P3P, it's tough to go back. That being said, I may still get this, depending on price.

No. FES is like a 20-30 hour chapter to play after the main game. P3P is only the main game. Completely separate, though, so you can beat P3P and then play FES' "The Answer" epilogue. Not sure what changes they made to the endgame of P3P though as compared to P3 vanilla, so there might be some inconsistencies, especially if you played a female protagonist.

edit: And as above- the P4 battle system is in P3P but not FES. Basically you can't control you companions specific actions.

PS2 Classics is really pretty hardcore so far. Good for them. It's nice to see them go for smaller titles.

Well, I already have several versions of P3, so I'll sit this one out. Good game though.

OMG Aero

Is there a way to get save data from a PS2 memory card to a slim PS3 and would it work with this version?
I'd totally double dip on a digital version if I can keep my saves.

sixclaws

Banned

Persona 3 FES was an updated version of Persona 3 on the PS2. Persona 3 Portable is a portable version of FES with some gameplay updates and an optional female protagonist storyline, although due to it being on the PSP certain things were taken out of the game like anime cutscenes and some game scenes being replaced with talking portraits. Also P3P does not have The Answer, an epilogue to Persona 3 included with FES.

Persona 3 FES was an updated version of Persona 3 on the PS2. Persona 3 Portable is a portable version of FES with some gameplay updates and an optional female protagonist storyline, although due to it being on the PSP certain things were taken out of the game like anime cutscenes and some game scenes being replaced with talking portraits. Also P3P does not have The Answer, an epilogue to Persona 3 included with FES.

This is it, basically. I liked the answer, but it is very combat heavy. If you are playing this game, though, or get far enough to get to the answer you probably like the combat, though. You lose all your levels though, and will be sad when you start at like 25 back from 99. It is also harder- P3 would most often throw three of the same type at you, while "The Answer" will mix weaknesses a lot more, during regular battles and during boss fights.

Psy-Phi

Is there a way to get save data from a PS2 memory card to a slim PS3 and would it work with this version?
I'd totally double dip on a digital version if I can keep my saves.
Look into the PS2 Memory Card adapters which connect to the PS3 via USB. I haven't used one, but from what I understand of how they're supposed to work, that should allow you to transfer the saves into the PS3.

Here's a link to one at amazon, but it was just the first I found in-stock. No idea how it rates on the scale of these things.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TK1Q6Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Seda

This is it, basically. I liked the answer, but it is very combat heavy. If you are playing this game, though, or get far enough to get to the answer you probably like the combat, though. You lose all your levels though, and will be sad when you start at like 25 back from 99. It is also harder- P3 would most often throw three of the same type at you, while "The Answer" will mix weaknesses a lot more, during regular battles and during boss fights.

And monsters in FES will often evade attacks they are weak to.

Which is what F.E.S. stands for, btw.

"Freaking Evade Skills!"

sixclaws

Banned

There is also no Compendium in The Answer which makes the game much harder.

Personally I would recommend FES, unless you want to play through the female MC route. Just beware by the end of the game you will hate the move Marin Karin.

Psy-Phi

I really...really wish they would let you pop the game in on a disc and use whatever the heck voodoo emulation they have to play it. I bought Primal, because I couldn't believe it, but I have ti on disc and in hindsight it was a stupid idea, though I'm kind of happy to give more money to that game in the hopes of seeing it's world again.

But they clearly aren't redesigning these games for PS3 hardware, it's got to be emulation; why can't they release each individualized emulator for these games (i'd even pay a couple of bucks) and then let me pop my disc in to play it.

Travado

Day one for sure.

PS2 classics on Vita would be amazing, too bad Sony don't like us anymore, even PS1 games can't be played on Vita. :(

Nocturne next, please.

Saroyan

oh wow, I already own this but haven't played it yet. Having it on my PS3 might actually get me to play it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I have this on PS2 but never finished it.

Maybe. Or maybe I'll finally buy a CRT TV again and play through some of my PS2 games.

Fuck yes. My dumbass was so consumed in the current-gen that I wouldn't buy PS2 games back in 07'/08', so I missed out on the Persona 3 and 4. Now I'm over the whole HD/Wii boner I had then, and I loved Catherine so I want to finally jump in to this franchise.

kewlmyc

So buying this. I adore this game and was sad when my PS2 broke down on me. I was hoping for a P3/P4 HD release somewhere down the line, but this will work too.

dexterslu

I've never played any of the Persona games, but, after seeing the Endurance Run and playing Catherine I have been itching to try one. Cool to see it coming out, but really a shame these things don't have trophies.

I'd be there day 1/playing if it did...will most likely buy anyway (eventually).

Top Bottom