• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icolin

Banned

Can this dude just slip into irrelevancy already.

I feel like everyone forgets about Heems of Jai Paul when they talk about poppin' brown boys.

Probably because Jai Paul hasn't released anything for the past two years or so, except that leaked album. Hopefully he comes back with something sooner than later though. Jasmine and BTSTU are some of the best singles of their respective years. Then he'll get the title of the "first brown boy to get it popping" he deserves.

Catvoca

Banned
I keep expecting Nav to take off his glasses and shave his beard to reveal he's really been Sasha Baren Cohan playing a charachter this whole time.

Koozek

I would change my avatar to something else but I don't have any new or interesting ideas

kinda like nav

edit: wait

WAIT

I PUT NAS INSTEAD OF NAV EARLIER?

WHAT A CRITICAL ERROR

nav doesn't deserve to be 1 letter away from nas
Lol, from the interview with him Dereck just posted:
To Nav and his high school friends, the hip-hop worth listening to came from New York: Jay, Big, and etc. “To be honest, Nas was my favorite artist growing up,” he says. “The way he told stories, I could close my eyes and imagine something while he’s rapping. I always wanted to be able to do the same thing.”​

Icolin

Banned

Yeah, I can imagine things when Nav raps. I can imagine him getting sneakers for free, being with white girls who snort coke, and getting money. Very vivid storyteller for sure. I can see that Nas influence.

Can this dude just slip into irrelevancy already.

Probably because Jai Paul hasn't released anything for the past two years or so, except that leaked album. Hopefully he comes back with something sooner than later though. Jasmine and BTSTU are some of the best singles of their respective years. Then he'll get the title of the "first brown boy to get it popping" he deserves.

lmao, why yall hate Nav? let the man cook!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I love the breath takes, let's me know they're really spitting that shit, and can do it live.

Unlike that one famous guy.

Pun used to be suckin in tsunamis between bars. I miss that dude.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Meek and Tyga putting out good interviews this week.

Damn, Tyga out of pocket $12M from signing to Cash Money and getting finessed by using the same lawyer to look over his deal that was representing Cash Money at the time.

Birdman scummed the fuck out of vulnerable, desperate artists. Who knows what kind of shit he made Wayne sign over when he adopted him.

Charlamagne going IN on Tyga with the pedophile stuff all through it holy shit.

At the end:

Charlamagne: How many tracks on the mixtape?
Tyga: Uh.. 16.
Charlamagne: You don't think you should have 18? Just to be make sure?

LMAOOOOOOO

Meek and Tyga putting out good interviews this week.

Damn, Tyga out of pocket $12M from signing to Cash Money and getting finessed by using the same lawyer to look over his deal that was representing Cash Money at the time.

Birdman scummed the fuck out of vulnerable, desperate artists. Who knows what kind of shit he made Wayne sign over when he adopted him.

Charlamagne going IN on Tyga with the pedophile stuff all through it holy shit.

At the end:

Charlamagne: How many tracks on the mixtape?
Tyga: Uh.. 16.
Charlamagne: You don't think you should have 18? Just to be make sure?

LMAOOOOOOO

Charlamagne is da king of trollin'.

Dereck

Fam what the fuck am I listening to on this Nav album

lmao
4QiqXsw.gif
4QiqXsw.gif

4QiqXsw.gif
4QiqXsw.gif

riotous

Banned
Yeah never heard of him outside of this thread; gets mentioned 10 times a page.. is it some ironic liking bullshit or something?

He's seriously fucking terrible; and I kinda hate The Weeknd now. Abel's brain is fried if he thinks this guy was the right person to mentor.

Icolin

Banned
Fam what the fuck am I listening to on this Nav album

lmao

You, my friend, are listening to the first brown boy to get it popping.

Yeah never heard of him outside of this thread; gets mentioned 10 times a page.. is it some ironic liking bullshit or something?

He's seriously fucking terrible; and I kinda hate The Weeknd now. Abel's brain is fried if he thinks this guy was the right person to mentor.

Anecdotally speaking, he's huge at parties and stuff now, so I guess people actually think his music bangs. I usually ironically mention him, but he's actually really, really wack.

And as for The Weeknd mentoring him, Nav had some huge singles and was doing some ghostwriting/production for big artists, so I can see why he'd mentor him from a success and popularity angle. Doesn't make it right though.

FZZ

Banned
I remember Jay Sean

Never embraced him tho because the fool white washed himself for Cash fucking Money Records

Dereck

I'm not sure which gif is more satisfying to post

Drake jogging in place, Nav waving his hands back and forth, or Logic fanny pack

Koozek

Was that the "shaw-ty with a melo-dy in my head" guy
Lol, that was Sean Kingston, who to my surprise is apparently involved in street shit and was jumped by Migos a few months ago with shots fired during the brawl, IIRC. Didn't think dude was about that life.

Koozek

Bumping the Nav album a lot 🤷 Dude's generic, but it's serviceable enough for an easy listen and some of the melodies are cool. Metro's streak is insane right now.

EDIT: Great minds think alike, bless up.

Koozek

My dude don't you still have to listen to Ice Cube and Redman's albums?

What on god's rapidly melting earth are you doing right now?
Well, I checked out Ice Cube, but it just isn't my thing sound-wise.

Redman I still have to check out (should I start with Muddy Waters?)! First let me give this Nav another few spins though.

I still haven't listened to The Grind Date.
stopitslime.png

Incidentally, I was just listening to Mosaic Thump again two days ago. I just love those two AOI albums and Grind Date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom