• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Balphon

This is an RNG-heavy version of Rubicante which is always a drag.

He's more manageable when he hides under his cloak predictably.

I was a little nervous with Ochu since my hones with earth magic is poor. Brought Maria and he didn't even pollen once.

Gonna do Rubicante Ultimate pretty soon.

I haven't tried Rubicante yet, but Ochu was by far the easiest of the first three.
Yeah, no crazy gimmicks when they're weak or 100% counters to your attacks.

I brought a Tidus OSB friend and Rubicante didn't stand a chance.
I'll get around to the multiplayer raid right after Orbfest. Got my Lifesiphons to R5 and R3. The last rank eats a ton of power orbs.

Kenai

Rubicante is one of my least favorite encounters in the game so I won't be playing around with the gent and will destroy him with my A+ team. Random 'stop/go" windows are incredibly annoying and his counters hurt more than most. I will RW Squall OSB since I have a few friends with it and then burst him down the rest of the way with SBs when his cape is up.

RivalCore

I just brute forced him and used a ton of magic mitigation so his counter was only doing 200-300 damage.

Still a boring fight though plus he has a decent HP pool.

Is Tiamat worth honing if Alphinaud, Rinoa and Terra are your only mages? I only have Rinoa's SSB and Terra's firebeam. Do I really need 1191 Magic to get 3 attacks?? o_O
Gonna see if I can build a mage team with Papalymo and Onion Knight for mage buffs. Might need to figure how to add a healer on this team.

Syntsui

Wrecked all the elemental bosses. I'm really proud of my team right now (Vanille with BSB and Y'shtola with her Stoneskin were the absolute MVPs).

I hope they don't make ultima a level 200 fight.

Dragner

Wrecked all the elemental bosses. I'm really proud of my team right now (Vanille with BSB and Y'shtola with her Stoneskin were the absolute MVPs).

I hope they don't make ultima a level 200 fight.

It will probably be U++ level.

He is weak to holy so it should be easy for Pecil/Minfilia burst owners.

So I thought I'd have enough Mythril for a single draw on the phase 4 banner....
Welp, I guess there goes all my luck in this game for 2017 ;-)
sSN8WS9.jpg

I know I shouldn't complain, it's great, but what is it with this game, that even with such lucky draws, it somehow manages to disappoint you in a weird way:

A triple double... never had this before.

Razmos

Both of my FFXIV pulls: utter shit
Angry 3 pull on FFXIV: utter shit
Phase 4: utter shit
Angry 3 pull on Phase 4: utter shit.

Awesome.

I've had terrible luck in Exvius and Mobius too, really loving Gacha games at the moment

Syntsui

Awesome.

I've had terrible luck in Exvius and Mobius too, really loving Gacha games at the moment
So much for the good rates :(

Awesome.

What specific utter shit did you get?

So how the *fuck* are you supposed to do Bartz CM? Like he opens with an AoE that takes off like 65% of your party's HP, and then how do you even recover from that? It can't be mitigated, so whether I use Protectga, Full Break, Power Breakdown, or hit Sentinel's Grimoire from my RW, nothing I do can stop the -65% damage right off the bat.

Best I did was get him to 60% by putting instant SB on Lenna and Galuf and hitting Mass Regen and Galuf BSB ASAP (so that Galuf could use command 1 to help heal), but there is no downtime for me to get a chance to put Protectga up, so by the time I do any damage to him, he just hits Trueblade of Legend and 1 shots 2-3 members of my team, even with Full Break and Power Breakdown up.

To make matters worse, he has crazy physical defense, so even with Full Break+Armor Breakdown+Shout, Gilgamesh's OSB can't do more than 40k damage, which is a very small fraction of his bar.

graywords

So how the *fuck* are you supposed to do Bartz CM? Like he opens with an AoE that takes off like 65% of your party's HP, and then how do you even recover from that? It can't be mitigated, so whether I use Protectga, Full Break, Power Breakdown, or hit Sentinel's Grimoire from my RW, nothing I do can stop the -65% damage right off the bat.

Instant Death resist accessories are king in this battle. Beyond that, I had more luck RWing Wall over Shout, since he does such insane damage. Long fight, but eventually pulled it off.

Instant Death resist accessories are king in this battle. Beyond that, I had more luck RWing Wall over Shout, since he does such insane damage. Long fight, but eventually pulled it off.

So basically, "new players GTFO" :(

How often do additional instant ko resist accessories come out? I have 0

Best I did was get him to 60% by putting instant SB on Lenna and Galuf and hitting Mass Regen and Galuf BSB ASAP (so that Galuf could use command 1 to help heal), but there is no downtime for me to get a chance to put Protectga up, so by the time I do any damage to him, he just hits Trueblade of Legend and 1 shots 2-3 members of my team, even with Full Break and Power Breakdown up.

To make matters worse, he has crazy physical defense, so even with Full Break+Armor Breakdown+Shout, Gilgamesh's OSB can't do more than 40k damage, which is a very small fraction of his bar.

So, I'm trying to remember, so this is purely back of the envelope math.

I probably used: Bartz, Greg, Lenna, Faris, and Exdeath. Greg's BSB was absolutely key; I won't say it trivialized the fight, but I'm weak on FFV SBs: Greg BSB, Bartz SSB (for the +Def), Lenna's SSB (medica + regen), and Exdeath's SSB (magic blink).

I probably put a Mako Might on Greg, +SB charges on Greg and Bartz, along with Knight's Charge on Lenna. Faris just used Full Break/Power Break. Maybe Exdeath had a Protectga along with a chain -ga; Lenna would have Curaja and either Diaga or Protectga, if Exdeath needed more firepower.

I remember dying fast before I subbed Greg in. His BSB was key, but I also couldn't imagine doing this easily without RW Wall either.

elty

There is a guide for this, claimed no unique SB required.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...equip_ko_resistant_accessories_against_bartz/

elty

Awesome.

You can't beat my Thyrus x 3 on my 2 FFXIV pulls.

Also no 5* on 100 gem since FF III event.

graywords

Yeah, more or less. CMs are pretty much meant as challenges for seasoned players, not really something for new players to belt out right away; you typically need to have good realm-specific SBs and a great selection of equipment/accessories.

There are only ~6 unique major/moderate instant KO resist accessories out there, so no, they don't show up very often, unfortunately.

Yeah, more or less. CMs are pretty much meant as challenges for seasoned players, not really something for new players to belt out right away; you typically need to have good realm-specific SBs and a great selection of equipment/accessories.

Well I mean I have really good FFV synergy and pretty good ability hones. Just no gimmicky accessories. I've got Greg's OSB+BSB, Krile's BSB, and Galuf's BSB. All weapons and armor are between 5*-8* with FFV synergy.

Just no accessories :( Hopefully there aren't too many battles that rely on them.

I did it without using a wall, native boostga, KO resists, or any damage based SBs. I used Onion Knight's BSB for my RW to get hastega/boostga and used it with Bartz so he could spam Extra Slice + Full Charge for damage. Greg was on Gaia's Cross + Retaliate. I had Lenna's SSB medica for survivability, but given that you pulled a few different offensive BSB/OSBs you could probably run two WHMs on healing and still get enough DPS to clear it.

Kenai

Ugh, I knew I was going to have to refresh to get more chips. Should have done it last phase. I've been using every spare stamina point outside of unlocking characters in XIV throughout the fest, just refreshed 7 times with ~135 stamina cap, and still have ~15 Major Orbs and ~10 4* Motes to get. I'm probably going to have to give up on getting all the Greaters and 3* Motes, I won't have time.

Unfortunately, yes. CMs were made for longtime players as an additional challenge to simply steamrolling every event with your A Team SSBs and BSBs. It's not impossible without ideal accessories or a lot of good SBs but it is definitely much harder.

Resist KO Accessories aren't very common. I know the FFVI Relm event had the Memento thing, and there was a Regen Ring (I don't remember which event, FFIII maybe?) and the WoFF Tama's Ribbon login reward, but I don't remember what else had it since my phone is charging. I think that might be part of the reason why having a Last Stand/Guts SB is becoming somewhat popular.

Bartz cm was easy for me since I have Lenna's flames of war which is basically shout lite. RW wall and just pounded his face in.

Ahnez

So, here I am, trying to drop RMs, and only now I noticed that Tidus RM2 only drops in FFX realms

I feel stupid

I think I'm mostly done with Orbfest. I'm probably missing some things, but here are my major accomplishments:

New Abilities:
Multi-Break: R0 -> R1
Meteor Crush: R0 -> R2
Chain Thundaga: R0 -> R1
Chain Blizzaga: R0 -> R1
Chain Firaga: R0 -> R2
Full Break: R0 -> R2
Bahamut: R0 -> R1
Alexander: R0 -> R1
Wrath: R0 -> R3

Hones of Existing Abilities:
Lifesiphon R2 -> R4
Lifesiphon R1 -> R4
Mental Breakdown: R2 -> R4
Magic Breakdown: R2 -> R4
Armor Breakdown: R2 -> R4
Power Breakdown: R2 -> R4
Banishing Strike: R2 -> R4
Waterja: R1 -> R4
Firaja: R2 -> R4
Thundaja: R2 -> R4
Stoneja: R1 -> R4
Blizzaja: R2 -> R4
Curaja: R3 -> R5
Protectga: R3 -> R4
Shellga: R2 -> R4
Ruinga: R3 -> R4

Character Levels:
Luneth: 65 -> 99
Y'shtola: 0 -> 99
Krile: 80 -> 99

Palom, Galuf, Gilgamesh, Bartz, Faris, Dorgann, Terra, Relm, Cloud, Zack, Cid, Reno, Fran, Papalymo, Alphinaud, Tyro: ??? -> 80

Warrior of Light: Lenna, Exdeath, Shadow, Red XIII, Rinoa, Wakka, Ramza, Quistis, Tidus, Guy, Edgar, Eiko: ??? -> 65

About 15 other characters: 1 -> 50+

I think I'm more or less done with abilities < 5* at this point unless I'm missing something obvious. What 5* abilities should I focus on creating at this point?

OSBs: Greg, Terra
BSBs: Greg, Krile, Y'sh, Galuf, Squall, Luneth, Vanille, Eiko, Alphinaud, Wakka, Refia
SSBs: Celes, Guy, Rosa, Ramza, Edgar, Yuna, Relm, Y'sh, Porom, Ovelia, Exdeath, Laguna, Papalymo, Minfilia, Steiner, Cid
Uniques: Tyro, Exdeath, Strago, Fran,

Anything for Gilgamesh seems like a solid choice, so knight / dragoon abilities like Gaia Cross, Saint Cross, and Lightning Dive look solid.

Getting some more chain -ga spells to R2 also seems like a good idea.

I have Full Charge but it's only R1, so getting Full Charge to R2 and Powerchain to R2 also seems like a good idea.

Tornado Strike seems good as a Spellstrike.

I should probably also try to hone Tiamat to R3.

Thoughts? How high do most people take their R5 abilities? Getting past R2 seems pretty darn expensive.

cpp, you cleared the game. Just do the events, some pulls and that's it.

I don't work that way. I need 2 copies of every ability in the game at R5, every item at 8* fully augmented, all characters at 99, and every character's record sphere maxed. Then I can take a break. :-/

thedan001

cpp, most players stop at R3 for 5* abilities

R4 for those that have been playing a long while and gathered stockpiles, then you can hone your favorite abilities

content will become d220-d240 in multiplayer later, and 6* abilities will get easier to hone

JP FFRK is still waiting for 7* items so they can 6* dark matter reforge their OSB/USB's into 9*... lol

That's what you have to look forward to now, since you already beat the game!

Am I missing any really good 5*s that I should consider? I didn't include anything from Group 2 Other. No Thief, Ninja, Samurai, or Dancer abilities for example. They seem way too situational and limited utility for me to spend too many resources on them at this point, whereas magic, combat, support, etc can be used by tons of different people and you don't have problem fitting them into any type of meta.

Dragner

From group 2 Multibreak is the one I consider must have. The other are bad/situational. Dark Zone is interesting because is basically a dark chain, but is more situational since there are more black mages than darkness users.

Was feeling good today and did a few more pulls on XIV 1. Honestly wish Orlandu weren't at the end of the month, but I now have Alph's BSB and SSB. (Which is perfect, because Vanille's my BSB healer, so I didn't need Ysh.)

When do we get 4* motes again? Luneth, Greg, and Alph need enhancements.

Looks like I can run a PHY team (OK, Luneth, Minfilia/Ramza, Pecil/Greg, Vanille) and MAG team (OK, Alph, Terra, Exdeath, Vanille).

friz898

I'm kinda like cpp king.

For me to be "done" I have to have every skill at rank 5. Currently only the 5 star skillss are left. But I only need 1 copy of each.

The other stuff, game is beat and all characters are 80 or 99. I missed out on the very first MC3 because it was just too hard for me and I didn't have enough mythril, but haven't missed any since. As for the levels, Alpha and Min are 68/69, won't take them long to get to 80.

Then "i can rest".

From group 2 Multibreak is the one I consider must have. The other are bad/situational. Dark Zone is interesting because is basically a dark chain, but is more situational since there are more black mages than darkness users.

I have it at r1 and so far it's been sufficient, but I imagine I'll want at least r2. The ones I mentioned above in my original post as what I'm thinking about going for next, are they all pretty good?

Dragner

I have it at r1 and so far it's been sufficient, but I imagine I'll want at least r2. The ones I mentioned above in my original post as what I'm thinking about going for next, are they all pretty good?

yeah you have the bases covered with what you have.

Kenai

Am I missing any really good 5*s that I should consider? I didn't include anything from Group 2 Other. No Thief, Ninja, Samurai, or Dancer abilities for example. They seem way too situational and limited utility for me to spend too many resources on them at this point, whereas magic, combat, support, etc can be used by tons of different people and you don't have problem fitting them into any type of meta.

Look at Multibreak, Thief's Revenge and Sapphire Shot.

For Multibreak, being able to meet the debuff requirements for multi boss battles (especially without having to worry about a counter attack) can be pretty nice, even if overall Full Break does the job. It's another good option with fairly different orb requirements iirc.

Thief's Revenge does a nice bit of single target damage on a lot of nice characters and keeps you from having to worry too much about healing them. I know you don't have anything super good for a Thief character right now SB wise, but a lot of them are upper tier characters that are fairly common on banners and in content (Faris, Locke, Yuffie, Vaan, Zidane ect) so you're bound to get something for them sooner or later.

Sapphire Shot is pretty solid damage (not hard to get 9999 x 2 from the back row on someone like Faris or Fran or Tidus when hitting weakness) and a pretty uncommon damage type to resist so you'll be able to use it a lot. Most of the characters that do use it are blackline physical support-y types that won't have a lot of better options for raw damage.

Was able to scrounge up another 50 mythril thanks to that new years gift and did another 11x pull on XIV. Pulled the Veil of Wiyu and my third Evoker's Doublet this time around.

Happy to finally have an offensive mage SB. Also, I now have 3 characters with en-Wind SBs. I need to get myself an Imperil Wind SB.

Top Bottom