• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Busaiku

Seriously, I don't understand the point of Medusa's Revenge.
It doesn't let us know anything about Medusa and Palutena's past.

It doesn't do anything...
It was pretty, I guess.

Wizpig

If i remember correctly there are 3 shorts.

And, on Nintendo Video, every short is probably 2 parts... so 6 videos.

ps. yes, it's out in Europe, first part

Busaiku

If i remember correctly there are 3 shorts.

And, on Nintendo Video, every short is probably 2 parts... so 6 videos.

ps. yes, it's out in Europe, first part

The first short (Thanatos Rising) is 3 parts.
The second short (Medusa's Revenge) is only 1 part.
The third short (dunno title, but Palutena one) is 2 parts.

All of Thanatos Rising is up in the US and so is Medusa's Revenge.
Regulus Tera said:
I live in Houston. So I dunno.
Then you should've gotten it.
Yeah, weird stuff.

After realizing I can use my wrist strap from the original DS instead of a stylus, I am way more hyped. Holding a stylus while playing something as fast paced as this game sounded very clunky to me, but now I can feel secure that nothing will stand in the way of the glory of what will undoubtedly be one of the best 3DS games to date

ONE WEEK!

I filmed like ten minutes for you guys now. You have NO idea how hard it is to balance a camera and play the game at the same time without the stylus obstructing the view :p

kSt

Op...

WH96J.jpg

The time has come.

zroid

Banned
Hoooo shit, Medusa's Revenge was awesome. I think this is the first time I've seen hand drawn animation in 3D and it was AMAZING o_O

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kid Icarus: Uprising: Medusa's Revenge Part 1 (this is the Studio 4C one): Much, much better than the P.I.G. attempt. It's a lot more serious without any humour, the animation is crisp, the art colourful, and it was surprisingly violent (omg dead peoplez). Also it had Medusa. Medusa is fucking hot (dat sex snake hair and sideboob omg).

Pit's design looks a little weird though. The whole thing still feels very pointless, but at least it didn't offend me like P.I.G.'s cartoon.

StayDead

Mmm, I guess I can't watch the anime shorts for Kid Icarus. Anyone else imported a 3DS and able to see it? Nintendo Video doesn't seem to want to work on my connection.

My computer with Photoshop on it is broken, so I've had to improvise a bit. Sorry about that.

Going out now; please let me know if there's anything I've missed, and I'll add it when I get back.

KarmaCow

...is the 'humor' in the game a lot like the ones in the Nintendo Video clips? I had to stop part way through the Thanatos Rising one when Palutena said she was reading Thanatos' blog and Pit did the anime half-fall thing. That crossed the line from inoffensive dumb shit to closing the 3DS and taking a break.

zroid

Banned
...is the 'humor' in the game a lot like the ones in the Nintendo Video clips? I had to stop part way through the Thanatos Rising one when Palutena said she was reading Thanatos' blog and Pit did the anime half-fall thing. That crossed the line from inoffensive dumb shit to closing the 3DS and taking a break.

Yes, it's exactly the same. It's obviously very tongue-in-cheek and self-aware but I guess that's not for everyone. I believe you can turn off the dialogue in-game.

Can't believe how ridiculous the dialogue is. Loving it!

I know, it's great xD Thanks for the video!

Top Bottom