• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

shpankey

not an idiot
Just can't get over how quick and snappy the UI is now. Everything is instant and every button press immediately registers. I know that's a small thing, but it really does make a difference that makes the whole experience incredible. Such a dramatic improvement that I'm glad MSFT listened to us about.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I think I'm going crazy but does than Project Scorpio edition of the consul supposed to have almost like a two-tone look? Is that supposed to be part of the gradient design?

Like the right side of my box looks lgihter than the left. I feel like in would of noticed it before but it seems more pronounced now.

Am I losing my mind and it's been there all along?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I think I'm going crazy but does than Project Scorpio edition of the consul supposed to have almost like a two-tone look? Is that supposed to be part of the gradient design?

Like the right side of my box looks lgihter than the left. I feel like in would of noticed it before but it seems more pronounced now.

It’s been there all along. Gradient.

All along brother.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

You might be going crazy.

Space_nut

Xbox One X significantly better over pro :)

-4k res with 1800p lowest (pro tops at 1440p but spends much time at 1296p)
-use pc highest textures over pro
-better shadow rendering
-higher reflection res over pro

Delicious

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Xbox One X significantly better over pro :)

-4k res with 1800p lowest (pro tops at 1440p but spends much time at 1296p)
-use pc highest textures over pro
-better shadow rendering
-higher reflection res over pro

Delicious
It drops 1-2 frames compared to the PS4 Pro version. The console is dead to me, this is a bad look for MS.

YoshiMax

Got mine today so going through stuff. Just used old faithful BK Nuts&Bolts as a test of 360 and holy shit it looks and runs so, so good.

rokkerkory

Costco is finally listing the X. Member price is $485!

If bought using the Costco Citi Visa card, extra 2 years warranty. =D

Looks like this is where I'll get mines.

I was on the Xbox store yesterday intending to look up Fallout 3 as I've read that it's pretty awesome on the X, anyway I got sidetracked when I noticed all the good deals (at the time it said the sale would be over in 2 days, so probably less than 24 hours at this point)

I got Dishonored Complete Collection (both games + DLC) for $49.95 AUD. I loved the first game which I originally played on 360 and felt it was better than the PS3 version, in addition to maybe running a bit better the Xbox controller just felt better to me for that particular game.
Was going to buy Dishonored 2 (and the new expansion) for the X anyway since it's enhanced, so this was a pretty great deal. I never finished the second game because it came out at a terrible time in my life a year ago which made it hard to focus on it properly. Recently started a new playthrough on PS4 as Corvo (chose Emily originally and regretted that) and had been loving it, though I'm probably less than 10% in so I'll just start over on the X.

Also bought Prey for $24.95, never really played beyond a bit of the demo but I love Arkane's other games so looking forward to this. And I got Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for $14.95 - fuck yeah!

And the game pass was on sale too, one month for $1... yay. I already cancelled the recurring billing, though I might renew the subscription if I get much use out of it, $10.95 AUD seems like a pretty good monthly price. Downloaded Sunset Overdrive and KOF98, and was pleased to see a lot of X360 titles available.

Now I just need to figure out how to make my latency on the X not awful so I can play games online, it's fine on PS4 but terrible on the Xbox, both connected to wifi, never using bandwidth when attemptng to play online. Download speed is fine but ping fluctuates wildly and is awfully high 90% of the time.

thatJohann

Finally caved in and purchased the X via the Best Buy app for in-store pickup today.

Waiting for the email to tell me the item is ready for pick up. :)

Also have the LG OLED55B7A on the way so gonna be a good weekend!

What's the most visually impressive game to try on the X?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Finally caved in and purchased the X via the Best Buy app for in-store pickup today.

Gears 4 is up there. Battlefront 2 is as well.

AC origins for open world.

rokkerkory

holy moly what a haul! congrats

Dude congrats you are in for a real treat!

You must play Assassins Creed Origins, Gears 4, Forza Horizon 7, Rise of the Tombraider

Also impressive: Titanfall 2, Halo 5, Hitman, Call of Duty WW2, Killer Instinct, Madden 18, Quantum Break

Then check out Mirrors Edge, Halo 3, Skate for BC

Dude congrats you are in for a real treat!

You must play Assassins Creed Origins, Gears 4, Forza Horizon 7, Rise of the Tombraider

Also impressive: Titanfall 2, Halo 5, Hitman, Call of Duty WW2, Killer Instinct, Madden 18, Quantum Break

Then check out Mirrors Edge, Halo 3, Skate for BC

Agreed with all counts except M18. Felt and looked like the same old Madden when I tried it on X after renting it on Pro.

Also, the new Wolfenstein is pretty impressive on X

For me so far it’s been Gears of War 4, Assassins Creed Origins, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of War. Haven’t tried Forza 7 but plan to soon.

Been most disappointed in Quantum Break, SW BF 2 and Recore.

Congrats on the great haul!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Halo 5 looks really amazing, super clean and the fact that it’s a 60 FPS title just makes it all the better at 4k, but out of everything I’ve played so far (Wolf 2, Halo 5, Forza 7, Titanfall 2, Gears 4) in UHD, the cake still goes to AC: Origins. Just jaw-droppingly gorgeous every time I fire it up. The sunsets, the majestic foliage, the tombs, the impressive draw distance — just a sight to behold. Is it a fantastic GAME? No, no it’s not. It’s deeply flawed, but damn is it a great testament to 4K in gaming as a technology.

Madden 18 has no legit enhancements.

Stop the false narrative please

Those other games are legit enhanced tho

dkf9smrbjdrcmmwuo8xx.gif

thatJohann

Aside from 16x AF, forced VSYNC, better frame rate, better dynamic resolution, and faster loading times, are there any other improvements to games that are not Xbox One X enhanced?

(Not diminishing the list of improvements, they’re awesome, just curious). I’ve seen screenshots and some games look like the image quality is better in terms of anti aliasing like if the X removed the jaggies.

Meh3D

I've been playing the following games.

• Final Fantasy XV
  • Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Got FFXV on sale, never played it. Same for Sleeping Dogs and Skyrim. I was absolutely surprised just how awesome Skyrim looks (except for the character models.) The vistas actually stand up to FFXV so far.

Never played Sleeping Dogs but read it's a great crime drama. The intro was so much fun and wow at the graphics and style of that game. I believe I'm going to play Sleeping Dogs first.

solis74

I've been playing the following games.

• Final Fantasy XV
  • Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Got FFXV on sale, never played it. Same for Sleeping Dogs and Skyrim. I was absolutely surprised just how awesome Skyrim looks (except for the character models.) The vistas actually stand up to FFXV so far.

Never played Sleeping Dogs but read it's a great crime drama. The intro was so much fun and wow at the graphics and style of that game. I believe I'm going to play Sleeping Dogs first.

got to try sleeping dogs

Boss Man

I know it’s a meme and everything now but if you haven’t played Skyrim in a while and/or played without mods when you did - 4K with improved textures and mods is a whole new experience. I played a lot of Skyrim Remastered on PS4 Pro, which had shitty mod support. Plan to play a lot more on Xbox One X.

Krisprolls

Banned
I know it’s a meme and everything now but if you haven’t played Skyrim in a while and/or played without mods when you did - 4K with improved textures and mods is a whole new experience. I played a lot of Skyrim Remastered on PS4 Pro, which had shitty mod support. Plan to play a lot more on Xbox One X.

The real new experience on Skyrim is Skyrim VR though. You're IN the game and that's absolutely amazing.

Top Bottom