• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft: Better Together |OT| Won't Somebody Please Think of the Children?

0VRbkKE.jpg

Surprised even blazes managed to reach the portal and get through

I don’t see how people can play on IOS. Hard to play with the touch controls for me. Have died twice each time I try to play, haha. Will wait for the Switch update to hop back on.

GulAtiCa

If anyone has been near the Industrial Island, you know I've been quite busy lately! I've been working on a iron farm & gold farms. Already got 2 iron farms completed and on top of each other. I've fallen off so many times lol.

The Gold farm is coming along nicely! The design is red, blood & hell! Got a bunch of portals already set up. The outer box is a 23 x 23 design (4 of them obviously). Then on inside there will be 6 21 x 23 portals & 6 7 x 23 portals. Most of the inner portals are finished. The zombie pigmen drop down into the water where it brings them to the center where it uses water to push them up and drops them to their death. I am planning on also making this an option XP farm too.

Currently there is a bug with overworld portals where zombie pigmen spawn and then are instantly sent back to the nether. Really hard to see it in action since it's like a quick flash. So currently the farm is kinda broken. However, since they are sent back to the nether, there are so many on the other side! I set up a simple death trap for them. So even though the farm is broken, still getting gold. I've gotten 25 gold bars yesterday alone.
https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCPE-27805

Also, before I set up the death trap, there were so many zombie pigmen that it introduced so much lag! Was kinda funny. I took a few pictures.

Btw. The gold and iron from these farms are free to all!

I've been playing Minecraft with my girlfriend and some friends on and off over the last year on a Java Edition Realm, and we're all quite attached to our progress there. But this Better Together update is very enticing. I really wish we could just migrate it over.

Is there really no way to do so? I believe there's no official way, but perhaps there's some way to convert a downloaded copy of the Java Edition realm map to a format that I can upload to the Windows 10 Minecraft edition/Better together format?

Anyone who might have looked into this before?

If anyone on the realm needs the Trampoline achievement, follow the road east of town to my treehouse. Watch out for spiders and sudden leaf growth.

Najaf

Has anyone else still not received their free upgrade from the disc version? Still shows buy as the only option.

deanote666

I have rain coming through several layers of glass, a couple layers of cobblestone, and 2 layers of netherrack... How do I stop this?

Also, there are very few animals in the area but it says the maximum has been reached and I can't breed. What's the maximum number of sheep allowed per chunk?

It has been a long time since I posted in a minecraft topic. Many moons ago (2012) I used to spend obscene amounts of time on the Neocraft server in the Java version. To this day I have the old online map saved here and regularly visit it. Always brings back great memories when I visit Mackroids Park of oddities, The two sailing ships we brought across, Mengys Huge Tower we had fun destroying, Dryurievs bizarre park and of course my three beloved domed cities.

Sadly the Java version appears to be getting worse and worse for me, the old world is in disrepair with huge chunks missing out of buildings thanks to the updates. To me the Java version is practically unplayable these days (on an i5, 16b and a 1070gtx).

So I fired up the Windows 10 version since the better together thing came out. Yeah what horrible monetization. If you want to change your skin, you can't have your own you have to pay for one from a slim selection (it is free in the java version). Want to change the look of the game, yup you can do that if you pay from a limited selection (free in the java version). Now I hear that the new graphic update will have to be paid for, again something that is free in the Java version. Ho well I guess someone had to pay Notch his 3 billion and it sure as hell wasn't gonna be microsoft.

Now having said that if you can get past the monetization of the game it really does run like a dream. It is fantastic to roam around the minecraft world and not see huge chunks of the world pop into existence before your eyes. The only downside is that worlds created in Java cannot be used in the Win10 version. A shame really I would have loved to wander around the 2012 Neocraft world in it.

-Minsc-

Long time no see Sir.

Sounds like the old map would need to be viewed in an older version of Minecraft.

It is a shame the old worlds can't be ported. The 2014 map is still up, though what little activity there was died over October. After me procrastinating and keeping auto-renewing the server will finally go offline at the end of the year. That'll make it a four year run, not too bad.

Fuchsdh

It has been a long time since I posted in a minecraft topic. Many moons ago (2012) I used to spend obscene amounts of time on the Neocraft server in the Java version. To this day I have the old online map saved here and regularly visit it. Always brings back great memories when I visit Mackroids Park of oddities, The two sailing ships we brought across, Mengys Huge Tower we had fun destroying, Dryurievs bizarre park and of course my three beloved domed cities.

Sadly the Java version appears to be getting worse and worse for me, the old world is in disrepair with huge chunks missing out of buildings thanks to the updates. To me the Java version is practically unplayable these days (on an i5, 16b and a 1070gtx).

So I fired up the Windows 10 version since the better together thing came out. Yeah what horrible monetization. If you want to change your skin, you can't have your own you have to pay for one from a slim selection (it is free in the java version). Want to change the look of the game, yup you can do that if you pay from a limited selection (free in the java version). Now I hear that the new graphic update will have to be paid for, again something that is free in the Java version. Ho well I guess someone had to pay Notch his 3 billion and it sure as hell wasn't gonna be microsoft.

Now having said that if you can get past the monetization of the game it really does run like a dream. It is fantastic to roam around the minecraft world and not see huge chunks of the world pop into existence before your eyes. The only downside is that worlds created in Java cannot be used in the Win10 version. A shame really I would have loved to wander around the 2012 Neocraft world in it.

At least on W10 you can still add your own custom skins (and it takes the same as Java—just uploaded my old Gafland one and was set). Dunno if that option is exposed on any other version.

The 2014 map is still up, though what little activity there was died over October.

End of an era :-( is that the map that has the Trans Aquatic Metropolitan Passenger Overhead Navigator ? If it is, is there any chance you could upload it somewhere so I can grab a copy. I would love to have a wander around there and visit the largest dome I ever made.

At least on W10 you can still add your own custom skins (and it takes the same as Java—just uploaded my old Gafland one and was set). Dunno if that option is exposed on any other version.

Yup there is that going for it, but they seem to have changed how you do it a bit and took a bit of figuring out. Thankfully Blonde Commander Shepard now wanders the world again searching for domed cities to criticise and shake her head at.

-Minsc-

End of an era :-( is that the map that has the Trans Aquatic Metropolitan Passenger Overhead Navigator ? If it is, is there any chance you could upload it somewhere so I can grab a copy. I would love to have a wander around there and visit the largest dome I ever made.

Yup there is that going for it, but they seem to have changed how you do it a bit and took a bit of figuring out. Thankfully Blonde Commander Shepard now wanders the world again searching for domed cities to criticise and shake her head at.

That is indeed the map with the T.A.M.P.O.N..

I indeed was planning to upload the map somewhere at years end.

Where's the damn graphics update? 😫

That is anyone's guess, it was posted earlier in the topic that it might drop on the 7th November (that is the date amazon briefly mentioned). Now it is possible it might drop tomorrow, after all the better together just dropped without any fanfare. But I am doubtful. So right now the answer to your question is "fuck knows".

That is indeed the map with the T.A.M.P.O.N..

I indeed was planning to upload the map somewhere at years end.

Absolutely ace Minsc when you get it plonked somewhere please post the link. It has been many many moons since I last took a ride on the red line T.A.M.P.O.N (giggles incessantly) ah happy days, happy days.

Ranger X

Well, Super Duper Graphics = 2018 now.
Looks like am playing Minecraft only next year! Might as well wait for the Aqua update.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I haven't been able to play split screen multiplayer on the new servers in better together......it just says the second player cannot join right now.

Am I doing something wrong or is this the dumbest thing ever with no split screen multiplayer online?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I heard spring now.

Now mine tries to load multiplayer, but freezes on the loading screen for player 2.
(On both my Xboxes)

Is anyone out there successfully playing better together spilt screen online?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
New version is live on nintendo switch.
Minecraft switch edition owners get a hole new version. Amazing !!!
I got 2 copies of minecraft now haha

Top Bottom