• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank Ocean - Blonde |OT| These boys do cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Drake when he hears Solo (Reprise) for the first time

Tvdf3KE.gif

The only thing I hate here is the beginning of Nikes, no reason to botch it like that.

P3 is one of the worst things I've heard this year. I literally can't remember a single song that wasn't one of the singles. It's good for you if you're having problems sleeping.

Man, Seigfried is my "Pyramids"
uBqQ0rW.png

Yes.

I refuse to believe anyone's ever listened to the whole album in one go

an impossible task
I kinda wanna listen now just to see how bad it is lol

Gaz_RB

As a huge fan of his past mixtapes and Channel Orange, upon first listen of this I'm pretty disappointed. Blonde is lacking whatever it is that made his past work great. It's a little too experimental, a little too noisy and unfocused.

That's just first listen though. We'll see if it gets better for me.

iavi

As someone who loved Nostalgia:Ultra and was meh on Channel Orange, this album speaks to me.

Frank actually delivered

Red_Man

Pink + White is so fucking good. That beat & Frank's voice are made for each other.

I kinda wanna listen now just to see how bad it is lol
It's not bad in a "that sounds awful" kind of way it's bad in a "This is literally inaudible mumbling to boring ass beats" kind of bad. It's nothing.

As a huge fan of his past mixtapes and Channel Orange, upon first listen of this I'm pretty disappointed. Blonde is lacking whatever it is that made his past work great. It's a little too experimental, a little too noisy and unfocused.

That's just first listen though. We'll see if it gets better for me.
I expect a lot of people to be feeling this way, it's definitely on a different wave and doesn't have any real high tempo songs of Ocean's past.

-GJ-

This seems to be better than CO but to be honest Endless sounded more promising

I'm sad we didn't get longer versions of Alabama, Comme des Garcons and Slide on Me. Those sound so amazing.

edit: Slide on Me is already a full song of course, but I wanted him to do some Pyramids shit to it.

Fjordson

This seems to be better than CO but to be honest Endless sounded more promising
Man the Endless thing really is annoying. Not just that it's a long ass video and not a proper album, but some of those tracks on Endless are begging to be lengthened and produced into proper songs.

Don't wanna complain too much because I like Blonde, but damn.

Courage

I'd say it's his most laid back and chill album tbh. Definitely see the Eno influence.

Red_Man

This 3 stacks verse is hilarious, the album is so chill and in another place and then out of nowhere comes Andre to light the place on fire

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
They aren't really picking just getting offered too much money to reject lol.

more money than they'd usually make off album sales. considering most make money on the road and not so much in the studio. and frank doesnt exactly "tour".

EloquentM

aka Mannny
physicals bonus songs will be out there soon. don't post links fam. I don't want this thread closed
and i guess I don't wanna see anyone banned

Voidguts

anyone know which track(s) James Blake worked on/with? Solo definitely sounds like his work. huntin' for that Elliot Smith sample now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom