• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Geo games coming to Nintendo Switch

According to their website:

http://www.hamster.co.jp/european_hamster/contact/

info@hamster.co.jp would be the place to email them.

Or if anyone can speak Japanese:

http://www.hamster.co.jp/support/

support@hamster.co.jp

Remember to be respectful when emailing, and be as clear in the problems as possible - who knows if they have someone with good english reading the emails.

What are the issues so far, just the washed out colour one and the absence of the KOF98 vocals, or are there any others?

^^^^

Yeah, would be awesome if someone with Japanese knowledge could politely e-mail them and maybe even provide some screen caps as proof so whoever is answering can forward it on to the right people. I have several of Hamster's Arcade Archive titles on PS4 and those are really solid emulation wise, I'd like to keep supporting them if they can fix this.

rpmurphy

Quick question. So I have to create a separate account to access these if Im in NA, right? After I purchase them, will the games then show up in my primary account, or will I have to be logged in as a separate user to access them? How does payment work?
All downloaded games, regardless of which account they were download from, show up on the same home screen. Instead of logging in and out of user accounts (like on other consoles like the PS4), you select which user you want to play the game as when you open the game.

Similarly, when you want to access another region's eShop, you open up the eShop with the respective user. Payment options and all that are account-specific, so you may need to purchase JP eShop point cards from a retailer if you cannot use your non-Japanese credit/debit card.

I was planning to buy all of these releases but I've only got waku waku 7, even if it's not a good port, since it's a game not really available everywhere like metal slug 3.
I really hope they will fix all the games so I can buy them.

Josh7289

So if I'm understanding this thread correctly, the emulation of these games is bad on Switch.

If so, that's unfortunate. I'll hold off on buying any of them until I happen upon word that they're fixed (if ever). =/

Coda

The emulation itself is great actually but rather that there is a de-saturation/dimming of the visuals. Plus yes I can also agree about rapid fire in Metal Slug 3, it's awful and stutters.

Beepos

Is the only version without the harsh frame drops for Metal Slug 3 the retail Xbox one? Of course it's part of the series on arcade and it's ports but man I remember the OG Xbox version running with no slow down at all...

Okay i Just ran some tests, the game does seem to have a slight washout effect to them upon comparison. I would not have even notice if not for OP pointing it out. However the twitter app seems to be making them look darker and more washed out. I posted some images to one of my cats Twitter (don't ask) via the app but they are significantly darker than they are on my screen. Took some off screens to compare.

Hopefully someone will find this useful, i know this is a deal breaker for some people. all images are taken with no filter and no scanlines.

Via App

Off Screen Pics
Huh..the off screen shots don't really look too bad to me here. But I'm not really willing to jump in yet, considering all the posts saying these are bad ports. I'll hold off for now, maybe they will patch these before NA release?

kaydigi

Even with the wash out issue, I've enjoyed playing 98 non stop for the last 48 hours. I have big hands so the joy con dpad wasn't smooth for me but the pro controller was top notch. The dpad was stiff at first but eased up later on.

El Sabroso

Well, Hamster Co. is gonna update games to correct washed colors and sound delay according to this tweet

Nintendo Switchで配信中の「アケアカNEOGEO」シリーズで、全体的に明るく表示される現象と効果音が少し遅れる現象が確認されております。ご迷惑をおかけしており申し訳ございません。来週アップデートをさせていただく方向で調整をしておりますので今しばらくお待ちください。
Translated from Japanese by Bing Wrong translation?
Sound effects are slightly delayed and Nintendo Switch in the "ACEA CA NEOGEO" series in the delivery and overall bright displayed behavior has been confirmed. And sorry for the inconvenience, I'm sorry. Please wait please adjust in the direction we update next week.

T0XHbXp.png

edit: lmao beaten

So have we heard any update on when these will be available in NA? Kinda ridiculous that they were not there day 1 like other regions.

Jinroh

Well, of course they are aware, they would have at least run the games once! The question is why were the games released in such a poor state.

I was about to ask this same question.

Just scrolled through the thread and it seems many are asking but sadly no update...I should have done that before posting lol. Oh well...I have enough games for now but I would love to have Metal Slug and Shock Troopers on my Switch.

Just scrolled through the thread and it seems many are asking but sadly no update...I should have done that before posting lol. Oh well...I have enough games for now but I would love to have Metal Slug and Shock Troopers on my Switch.
I'd just like it to keep all my purchases to one account, I'm a bit picky.

Porcile

Is there a release schedule? I need some SamSho 2.

And you guys realise you can easily buy the games on the JPN store? It's not like you need a lot of Japanese to play Neo Geo games.

CmdBash

Good to know that they've picked up on the issue, will purchase it when they fix it. Is there any news of when more of these classics coming over to switch?

El Sabroso

So have we heard any update on when these will be available in NA? Kinda ridiculous that they were not there day 1 like other regions.

I expected to be delayed now that they are gonna update the emulation of the other regions, also might be something to do with paperwork

Great news that they're going to patch these.

Issues not mentioned that also need to be addressed:

- Metal Slug 3 rapid fire delay

- Metal Slug 3 blood toggle sometimes not working

- KOF 98 button mapping not allowing us to set anything to ZR / LR
(ie, it would be nice to set a button to A+B+C to activate MAX mode as the three buttons while easy to hit at once on the pro controller are nearly impossible to do on the joycon.)

Great news that they're going to patch these.

Issues not mentioned that also need to be addressed:

- Metal Slug 3 rapid fire delay

- Metal Slug 3 blood toggle sometimes not working

- KOF 98 button mapping not allowing us to set anything to ZR / LR
(ie, it would be nice to set a button to A+B+C to activate MAX mode as the three buttons while easy to hit at once on the pro controller are nearly impossible to do on the joycon.)

Have you emailed them?

Top Bottom