• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

ultra7k

Was only going to do 1 11 pull yesterday but ended up doing another on this morning.

1st pull got:
Noctis BSB
Iris SSB

2nd pull got:
Iris BSB
Gladio SSB

Overall not bad, but I really wanted Noctis' OSB - Time to save for FFV!

SOLDIER

Asking again:

SOLDIER said:
I got a new iPad, restored everything from the previous iPad via backup, all's good on that end.

But when I try to move my RK save from my iPhone to my iPad, I've run into issues. If I try to account link via Facebook, it just loads indefinitely. If I use the Gamecenter option, it says that there's a game already associated with this account, and won't let me transfer it either.

Any ideas? I primarily play RK on my phone but I wanted to enjoy a bigger screen for a bit.

I really wish it would just sync the game between devices like a normal mobile game. I get especially paranoid over overwriting the wrong save and losing everything.

SOLDIER

Have you tried using your Gamecenter account on iPad to restore the account?

This is the message I get if I select Gamecenter as the "Overwrite" option: http://i.imgur.com/dngV3lB.jpg

Selecting Facebook just causes it to load infinitely. I'm not sure how to fix this.

Edit: The Facebook option worked now. Weird, but at least I can play it on my iPad now.

Still wish I didn't have to do this back-and-forth every time though.

Lightning resist accessories are the key to the Kuja fight. He really lays on the damage as the battle progresses. Raines died at the last minute because I was a bit too late refreshing Stoneskin II. :(

UeoFoB9.png

SOLDIER

So, random question: if you are moving your save file between devices, does that mean you can keep playing your saved game on multiple devices?

If that's the case, what's to stop you from doing a relic pull on one device, and doing the same pull on another, then just keeping whichever save you wanted that pulled the best loot?

So, random question: if you are moving your save file between devices, does that mean you can keep playing your saved game on multiple devices?

If that's the case, what's to stop you from doing a relic pull on one device, and doing the same pull on another, then just keeping whichever save you wanted that pulled the best loot?

There's no local "save file," really. Yes, you can play on multiple devices. If you make progress -- as in, it writes to your account, that save file in the cloud -- the game will prompt you to log in again, thus ensuring that you're synced to your most updated progress.

Oh, and -- once you're logged in on multiple devices (for me, my iPhone and iPad), you don't need to overwrite anything. It just handles it automatically.

friz898

I don't know the specifics of it, but yes I can load my FFRK on Bluestacks android emulator and I mostly play on my iPhone. I use to be android, that's why I even bothered or whatever. I do know, like if you try to disconnect the second you only see 1 rainbow, it's too late, it's already sync'ed, so maybe someone else has something more intelligent sounding, but I believe it basically has already connected, sync'ed and subtracted/added whatever to your account.

For your other question, I constantly played on my Nexus 6, my Shield Tablet, and Bluestacks without any account problems.

Then when I went to the dark side and bought an iPhone 7, I had no problems sync'ing/connecting anything. Later, I realized I still had about $10 on my android account, again it was no problem to pull on the account from Bluestacks to not waste my google-cash.

For a shorter answer, I didn't reply because I never had that problem or seen anybody else talk about it. That's why you didn't get a response.

As for Kuja, beat first try. My normal A-Team with Alphi Radiant Shield as RW. I did have Major lightning resist on Relm, and Moderate on the other 4. I think the battle wants you to use Reflect, but I don't even have that spell created, I still had no problems. Flare star and Gigavolt don't do much at all with Wall, and for volt, Lightning resist.

He doesn't have very high defense I guess. My team is mostly melee, and it only took a 610 buff to get everybody hitting their abilities for 9999. It almost made me wish I RW Cloud but, whatever.

SOLDIER

There's no local "save file," really. Yes, you can play on multiple devices. If you make progress -- as in, it writes to your account, that save file in the cloud -- the game will prompt you to log in again, thus ensuring that you're synced to your most updated progress.

Oh, and -- once you're logged in on multiple devices (for me, my iPhone and iPad), you don't need to overwrite anything. It just handles it automatically.

Oh, good. I thought I would have to move it around every time. Glad ro know it syncs.

SOLDIER

Tempted as I was to try the FFVII banner a third time, I stood to gain more by spending my 50 on the FFXV pull:

A1ahU3X.jpg

Ah, a sword fit for a king....'s guard.

Gladio's gonna be even more swole when I'm through with him.

I ended up pulling on the 15 banner after struggling in my decision to do so because I seriously want to pull on nearly every banner coming up...

3/11
Noctis OSB
Gladio BSB
Cloud LM!?

Nice pull, but that LM is worthless to me for the most part. Really wish it would have been Noctis'.

Anustart

I might as well just save until the next fest. Got 100 mythril now, 15 banner looks meh, though would love to pull on the 4 banner just because all I have there is medica.

Rubenov

Finally took down Apex Nemesis solo. Wanted to do it with a MP team but it wasn't working out.

I know people are saying this one is easier than last time Nemesis was around, but for me it was the opposite.

friz898

Finally took down Apex Nemesis solo. Wanted to do it with a MP team but it wasn't working out.

I know people are saying this one is easier than last time Nemesis was around, but for me it was the opposite.

Solo might be fun to try.

Just a lot of last stand Blink and radiant shield?

Tidd

Content is kinda boring right now. I mean it's not bad but there's nothing to talk about it except for Nemesis but he's already old. :p It's time for the magicite dungeons.

But yeah, I was so hyped for the FFXV banner and yet I'm not tempted to pull. Guess that's a win considering what we'll get! Will probably try to skip IV and VI because I already have two big prizes on these banners: Setzer's BSB and Rosa's USB. So that would mean I will try my luck on the Bartz USB banner. Or save even more mythril for the 30th anniversary fest, FFTA and FFIX.

Balphon

Somehow I have more 4* vit motes than any other type at the moment.

Mostly I am alternatively talking myself into and out of pulling on FFXV again. With the Edge/Rosa, Bartz/Faris, and Shadow/Setzer banners coming up along with (probably) a fest in September there are a lot of options in the near future.

Anustart

Pulled on 15 banner because I'm weak. Got Noctis Overstrike, Legend Materia and an SSB for Glados. Not too shabby, although it seems my only combat ability is Full Charge. Oh and Omega Drive. Now I could really use his BSB for that ether for Omega drive....

Ahnez

Was already planning to pull on XV for Noct's burst

Got Gladio's OSB, Noctis SSB and Iris SSB.

Second pull because I'm weak: Noctis SSB and BSB

It turned out much better than I was expecting lol

Tidd

You're not going to pull for Edge/Shadow?

Like I said I already have Rosa's USB which is one of the big prizes on the Edge banner. I couldn't take the disappointment I would feel when I see a disco ball and it's a dupe. For Shadow I may pull. Only have Setzer's BSB and my VI synergy could be better.

But all of these aren't really USBs for characters I want. 30th anniversary fest has Zidane's and Alphinaud's USB. (on different banners) FFTA has some OP stuff. And the IX event has USBs for Garnet, Vivi and Steiner on one banner.

Of course it's just me talking now. Usually I'm pretty weak and pull if I see nice stuff. :p

Kenai

Anyone else having problems with this game and the Google play store saying it's not authorized? I assume not but it just randomly happened today and my other stuff is fine

Edit: nm restarting phone fixed it

Fauve

Does anyone know the % chance of Cecil's cover jLM2? I finally have enough motes to fully dive him but I had originally thought for some reason it was a 100% chance of activation rather than moderate. Wanted to use it for USB shenanigans on physical fights but I'm unsure if it's worth the investment if it's something like 30% or something.

evangd007

Try to do Nemesis 255 on MP:
team without wall
disconnect
team without breaks
host DC's before start
team with double strike Cloud
server lags and Nemesis gets 3 turns in a row

Get fed up and try to do it SP: one shot

Multiplayer in this game sucks.

Keym

The best way to play public MP is to host the games yourself and kick people until you have a competent team formation.

evangd007

The best way to play public MP is to host the games yourself and kick people until you have a competent team formation.

That costs the same amount of energy as just doing it yourself, so I'd rather just do it myself if it's possible and avoid the potential server/lag issues.

evangd007

Finished all the raids solo except for Nemesis Apex which I don't care to attempt.

Back down to 3 mythril. Decided it was good to get the jump on a new realm.

Noctis OSB and BSB
Gladio BSB

I considered pulling on FFXV, but since I finished all the content without issue I figured I could wait for Prompto. Same for FFVII: I only really wanted Vincent's BSB, Shelk's BSB, or Red's USB, and those are all on future banners I want to pull on (fest, Turks 1, and Turks 2).

Pretty sure my only pre-fest pulls will be Shadow/Setzer and Faris/Bartz.

Rubenov

Does anyone know the % chance of Cecil's cover jLM2? I finally have enough motes to fully dive him but I had originally thought for some reason it was a 100% chance of activation rather than moderate. Wanted to use it for USB shenanigans on physical fights but I'm unsure if it's worth the investment if it's something like 30% or something.

I believe it's 25%.

Back down to 3 mythril. Decided it was good to get the jump on a new realm.

Noctis OSB and BSB
Gladio BSB

Solid.

Xetherion

That's it? I might just pass on it then and save my spirit motes for someone else. Especially considering how scarce they seem to be.

I looked it up in Enlir's spreadsheet, it's actually 40%. Don't know if that's enough for you.

I will say, the game is getting more focused on speed clears, so i think it's better to spend motes on DPS characters. Up to you though.

Balphon

We don't know what event is next, right? But most likely it's Final Fantasy XI?

FFXI (Zeid/Aphmau) probably has the best odds.

The Faris event is also a possibility if they want to skip FFXI for whatever reason. And they could always slot the previously-skipped FFI event in; I believe Meia is in Mobius global now.

Metaroo

FFXV banner seemed lame so I spent on the FF7 one. Got both grand prizes and Tifa's legend materia. Haven't played in a while so I guess I'm roped back in for a minute ...

friz898

Is it time for a dungeon update already tomorrow night?

If so, I'll need to look at that banner, I have 60myth burning a hole and it's been terribly hard to avoid pulling 1 each on the ff7 newcomer and ff13 newcomer

evangd007

Think I'm backtracking on my pull plans. The upcoming XI banner is the last one we know about, so I'm going to want some synergy. Aphmau/Curilla/Zeid or Ayame/Prishe/Lion, which one is better? Leaning towards 1.

Think I'm backtracking on my pull plans. The upcoming XI banner is the last one we know about, so I'm going to want some synergy. Aphmau/Curilla/Zeid or Ayame/Prishe/Lion, which one is better? Leaning towards 1.

If it is XI, I'm considering a pull or two on Banner 1. I had a pretty good haul from the last XI banner, got everything of note except for Lion's BSB. So I'm not desperately in need of synergy or anything. Banner 1 has the least amount of potential dupes, and it would be nice to get a healer relic for CM purposes.

Xetherion

1 is better for CM's due to the medicas and party buffs, but 2 has more stuff you would use outside of CM's.

Top Bottom