• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Estoc

If I'm a casual solo-er, is there any point for me in joining the Unite event? The summon upgrade stone is definitely impossible on my own, and I already have a 3* GW bow.

Should I be working on my grid instead?

If I'm a casual solo-er, is there any point for me in joining the Unite event? The summon upgrade stone is definitely impossible on my own, and I already have a 3* GW bow.

Should I be working on my grid instead?

Getting more copies of GW weapons for different elements. The items inside of the event box are used in GW 5* if I'm not mistaken. Overall, if you feel like you don't need anything from the event, just take it easy and do your thing. I would at least suggest you grab the prelim valor badge rewards and the betting cards on finals days

Xisiqomelir

You surely want more than one J10! There are 6 gold bars currently from the shop, so grab another weapon

Moonlight

Banned
Is there an optimal way to play through Guild Wars solo? Things you really want to get done? I've never participated in one before. Right now I'm just farming the eyeball monster for honours and medals and pulling in the drawbox but I get the distinct feeling I could be achieving more than that.

though tbh trying to get Sarasa is like my #1 priority

Man this game never lets up. Barely done with one event and the next is on the way.

Progress and next step?
-Got some of my SSR to 3* star and basically everyone I have to at least one star to unlock new skill.
-What is the best source of rupies? I can unlock one SSR to 4* but that takes 20k which is everything I have

-Since I'm going to save up and spark for a character down the line I'm also working toward Christine (11mil of 77mil chips saved) which would fill out a SSR Wind team. Good/Bad plan?
-11k Crystals saved so far

-Do quest items disappear after a while. Just did Flowers event to get the summon but now I have an excess of the 2&3 drop but not enough of the first to trade for anything good. Couldn't clear the solo sections.

-Reading on the Unite event next but what do the tokens do? Breakdowns only mention the honors?
-Is the event worthwhile only for crew members? Haven't joined any yet.
-If the Poacher's quest was any indication, getting 1mil honors is out of the question; each raid joined only get me ~5k and hosted was 15k.

-Should I just continue with the story and not worry about any events for the time being? It seems I never have the time. At 17 right now.

Rupies? Just do weekend shiny slime. I got 12mln rupies that way. If youre early game and dont have plain dmg dealers or high dmg, co op is not suggested unless you have carries.

Is there an optimal way to play through Guild Wars solo? Things you really want to get done? I've never participated in one before. Right now I'm just farming the eyeball monster for honours and medals and pulling in the drawbox but I get the distinct feeling I could be achieving more than that.

though tbh trying to get Sarasa is like my #1 priority

Yes the optimal solo way is to join pub raids. Especiallt the nightmare 95 and 100 raids on days 3, 4, and 5. I wouldnt do eyeballs solo unless you plan to host the other raids. You want from gw is drawbox tokens to get eight copies of your weapon. 95 and 100 give the most honors and tokens, better deal.

Moonlight

Banned
Got it. Not sure my party is durable enough to survive many rounds in 95-100 raids but I guess that's also why I friended so many Kaguyas, lol.

Draxal

Why, you just need to tap 95s and 100s, get like 25+ tokens and tap the next.

its just the numbers are a bit intimidating.

First Draw box is 1343
Second Draw box is 1493
Third Draw box is 1493
Fourth Draw box is 1487
5-8 in your scenario would have 1000 each

I'll be generous and say you get the weapon 1/3 in each of draw box.
So
for the first four.

And 1/3 the way in for the last draw box for the 8th weapon.

That would be 5,271 draws. That would be 10,542 tokens, divide that by 25 and a person would be tagging 422 raids (obviously the bonus tokens that you get from honors and badges would drop it by a good amount (don't have the numbers on hand).

Going for 8 is overkill imho, just going for four (either for a dagger mh or your first gwars character is fine); I doubt new people have the other mats to make a gwar character right away especially enough bricks to make a 5*.

Gizuko

I'm unsure which weapon to pick this time around. On the one hand, I should probably get one for either Light, Earth or Fire, but I have Xenos for the last two and use unknown spear for Light (Sage).

On the other hand a third GW character would be pretty nice, too (my earth team is shit, so I have been considering Sarasa), but I got Six not so long ago so I don't have all the materials yet and don't know if I'll farm them before the next GW. I'm working to FLB Quattre in the distant future, too.

I guess I'll either come across some random but fun grid and build a matching GW weapon or get Sarasa - I do need to farm Xeno Cocy whenever they release it.

its just the numbers are a bit intimidating.

First Draw box is 1343
Second Draw box is 1493
Third Draw box is 1493
Fourth Draw box is 1487
5-8 in your scenario would have 1000 each

I'll be generous and say you get the weapon 1/3 in each of draw box.
So
for the first four.

And 1/3 the way in for the last draw box for the 8th weapon.

That would be 5,271 draws. That would be 10,542 tokens, divide that by 25 and a person would be tagging 422 raids (obviously the bonus tokens that you get from honors and badges would drop it by a good amount (don't have the numbers on hand).

Going for 8 is overkill imho, just going for four (either for a dagger mh or your first gwars character is fine); I doubt new people have the other mats to make a gwar character right away especially enough bricks to make a 5*.

Well it is the future proofing process, get all the revanant weapons you need now, dont worry about it later ^_^

When you guys draw the Weapon before finishing the box, do you immediately reset the box, or keep going to clear it out?

I clear out all the box, all the consumables and the chance to get BSCs.

Xisiqomelir

When you guys draw the Weapon before finishing the box, do you immediately reset the box, or keep going to clear it out?

I usually dig deep, but I'm going masochist route for my Esser 5* so it's instant reset for the first 4 this GW.

Finished 1/10 tho!

4fd4960274fa5264267d5dcb0974321b.png

Is it worth it to grind six dragon trial for dragon scales or is there a better way? Need them for Baha weapon

Very hard six dragon trial is the best way, though its only one day a week (the monday one I havent seen drop scales as often as Very Hard). The individual Extreme trials are good but theres only one element every 2 days.

Moonlight

Banned
Fully uncapped my Three Tiger Axe! Still need to feed a bunch of weapons to it on top of the materials, but glad to not need to worry about getting all the axes I need in the first place.

Also playing through this event got me thinking, is there any available spots in an active GAF crew? I joined an LTTP crew earlier but nearly all of the people in it stopped playing. Would be cool to actually be competitive in the standings next time.

Ultimadrago

Fully uncapped my Three Tiger Axe! Still need to feed a bunch of weapons to it on top of the materials, but glad to not need to worry about getting all the axes I need in the first place.

Also playing through this event got me thinking, is there any available spots in an active GAF crew? I joined an LTTP crew earlier but nearly all of the people in it stopped playing. Would be cool to actually be competitive in the standings next time.

If you haven't found one, we may have one spot available in Trick Room. We're casual, but active with buffs always running and do (somewhat) participate in Guild Wars. If you're interested just PM me your ID, though I am not sure if I can Scout during Guild Wars? I'm not sure if it's that or you can't leave a current Guild during it.

Ultimadrago

Don't think u can recruit at all during guild wars.

Thanks for the hard carry in round one Drago, saved our bacon.

guildwarsimhelpingflkot.gif

No problem. It's nice to actually be of some use for once since I'm finally on-element with GW. Will be useless again soon enough~

Thanks to everyone who helped out!

If you haven't found one, we may have one spot available in Trick Room. We're casual, but active with buffs always running and do (somewhat) participate in Guild Wars. If you're interested just PM me your ID, though I am not sure if I can Scout during Guild Wars? I'm not sure if it's that or you can't leave a current Guild during it.

Thanks for the carry! Time to restock the meat :).

I believe you can't leave or join a guild during guild wars.

Thanks for the carry! Time to restock the meat :).

I believe you can't leave or join a guild during guild wars.

You're allowed to join but the day they join their points will not count towards the crew's total but their personal score will still be accounted for.

As for leaving and all that you are not allowed to: leave, be removed or disband a crew for the duration of the event.

Moonlight

Banned
Definitely interested! Though since I can't actually leave my crew yet, I'll send it to you once Guild Wars are over. Thanks!

This GW is killing me. Trying to run an SR Earth team and getting rebounded.

What would you do that for.

This feels like one of the easier GW enemies even, no para/charm/poison/confusion debuffs. Even though we get blinded the missed hits still increase the ougi bar, and so many Earth characters have huge hi ougis, Even an early game grid like mine is competitive (im in the top 40K)

(not up to date)
DHZBV7JW0AAwW_P.jpg:large

vall03

Ugh, there's barely anyone hosting HL Magna raids...This is why I sometimes hate GW week, everyone is farming Honors. I want to cap out my pendants right away so I don't have to worry about it later this week with Xeno Sagi.

Xisiqomelir

Ugh, there's barely anyone hosting HL Magna raids...This is why I sometimes hate GW week, everyone is farming Honors. I want to cap out my pendants right away so I don't have to worry about it later this week with Xeno Sagi.

Prestige capping is a matter of hosting both one JKHL (even a failure!) and one other thing a day and then judicious leeching on Sunday if needed.

I saw tons of HLs hosted (well 6 mans). Medusa and Colossus/Prometheus/TwinElements seem popular.

Finally, after so many GWs, I've gathered all 3 stones I need to MLB bahamut. Really feels like a milestone, especially since it's almost nearly a year since I started on this game.

Dragner

No longer F2P :/

76f744c0cc5633aae20af4d1e9c72098.png

Welcome to the the world of MVPing raids.

But I would have wait a bit for sparking. Legfest is almost here and Zoey should be there.

In other new Seruel 5* was released today, his kit seems synergistic with Io, Since I pulled her in my lst legfest I will try to use this duo for Halloween GW (since Seruel is always MVP in GW). Now to level him up.

Draxal

Welcome to the the world of MVPing raids.

But I would have wait a bit for sparking. Legfest is almost here and Zoey should be there.

In other new Seruel 5* was released today, his kit seems synergistic with Io, Since I pulled her in my lst legfest I will try to use this duo for Halloween GW (since Seruel is always MVP in GW). Now to level him up.

I'm not sure if that was a spark, looks like a start dash.

bigkrev

I'm probably up to... $300 in Granblue (started in December)

Before I learned you can use Google Play on an Android Device, I spent too much money buying Mobacoin cards.
Bought Start Dash, 2 surprise tickets, and maybe 6 or 7 Scam Gachas

Top Bottom