• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Tacitus_

You could probably just run another Blessing of Kings. The deck is looking for pure midrange power and trying to stuff another big minion in isn't going to help. It's got all the good low cost minions, so another Kings should be ok. You could try a Spikeridge Steed too, but that feels slower than you'd like. But the effect is still good.

Mmh, that could work I suppose. I saw one guy putting in a crab to hate pirates, but I think you can just contest them on the board already.
As for Steed, alas, you can't run three in a deck.

Don't worry. Just like a certain poster here always says, Blizzard playtests the hell out of these things and know what they are doing. If you're critical of Blizzard balance decisions, you're clearly just an idiot with no insight.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Mmh, that could work I suppose. I saw one guy putting in a crab to hate pirates, but I think you can just contest them on the board already.

You could put Skelemancer in instead, I have two in my list and he works well. Makes it so him and finja both got a somewhat forced curve into spikeridge, and with bonemares and kings he has multiple ways to be a threat.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Ha yeah! 3 would be pretty dope. I didn't see them there.

Kings is good, but if you're seeing lots of pirates a crab isn't going to hurt since you'll just end up buffing it up later.

What do you guys think could replace Bolvar on the TS list?

tFP5O58.png

Wickerflame seems like an ideal fit for that deck. I would pick him above Bolvar every time

Nachos

I don't think they've ever nerfed that fast, but I wouldn't really complain if they did.
I looked it up, and the fastest nerf they've ever done, which was Unleash the Hounds, was 58 days from release. I wasn't expecting a potential nerf until mid-/late-September at the earliest, but this kind of affirms that.

EDIT: For more context, it took 83 days for Crystal Core to get nerfed.

Nachos

so difficult is to take the decision of changing cards that unbalance the game so obviously ? this things should be a lot more dynamic
Part of it's them hoping that the meta corrects itself, while the other part is how long it takes to get the game through cert on iOS and Android. I think they've said they're working on being able to update the mobile versions without app store patches, but right now, they couldn't make knee-jerk changes even if they wanted to.

Dahbomb

so difficult is to take the decision of changing cards that unbalance the game so obviously ? this things should be a lot more dynamic
They still haven't implemented the tech which allows them to patch stuff fast enough. Plus they want meta to self correct which rarely happens.

kirblar

They still haven't implemented the tech which allows them to patch stuff fast enough. Plus they want meta to self correct which rarely happens.
MTG just had to ban 5 cards in the span of a year to finally get to a good standard format. (They just hired 10-15 people to do a full-time playtest squad as a result of this nonsense.)

Of the missing legendaries I need for my jade druid deck, which is more essential, Aya or DK Malfurion? I only have enough dust for one (f2p btw... first meta deck that is close to 90% done).

Of the missing legendaries I need for my jade druid deck, which is more essential, Aya or DK Malfurion? I only have enough dust for one (f2p btw... first meta deck that is close to 90% done).

Aya by far. You can win without the DK in most Jade Druid decks. Aya will be a good card going forward until it gets rotated out, and even when Druid finally gets nerfed Aya will still be an amazing card to have.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I looked it up, and the fastest nerf they've ever done, which was Unleash the Hounds, was 58 days from release. I wasn't expecting a potential nerf until mid-/late-September at the earliest, but this kind of affirms that.

EDIT: For more context, it took 83 days for Crystal Core to get nerfed.

91 days to get Small Time Buccaneer nerfed, and that one definitely deserved an immediate hotfix too.

We should expect nerfs early to mid November, a few weeks before the announcement of the next expansion. Late September would be a lightning fast response for them.

Fewr

91 days to get Small Time Buccaneer nerfed, and that one definitely deserved an immediate hotfix too.

We should expect nerfs early to mid November, a few weeks before the announcement of the next expansion. Late September would be a lightning fast response for them.
Hmm.. so same as rogue quest.

Blizzard just needs to hall of fame Innervate tomorrow. Screw waiting for the next rotation, it needs to happen ASAP. Then they need to straight remove the card draw from UI.

is it possible for blizzard to add some info about your opponent. its annoying when you are expecting a jade druid and your opponent innervates out a fledging.

sibarraz

Banned
is it possible for blizzard to add some info about your opponent. its annoying when you are expecting a jade druid and your opponent innervates out a fledging.

That destroys a big staple in cards games. Druid is a problem now because you really don't know what to mulligan since the have tons of viables archetypes that can also get at their ideal boards pretty fast, so you can't even tech to mulligan the worst case scenario without compromising the rest of your game

That destroys a big staple in cards games. Druid is a problem now because you really don't know what to mulligan since the have tons of viables archetypes that can also get at their ideal boards pretty fast, so you can't even tech to mulligan the worst case scenario without compromising the rest of your game

I know i just not having info, my mullagans would be so different depending.

It's too bad Mill Rogue is dead in Standard. I'm 2-0 against Jade Druid with it in Wild at rank 3. Absolutely slaughtered them.

Aya, 100%. Malfurion is optional IMO.

How did he do that?

By the way, control warlock is really funny, druid has nothing to do if you can play the mountain giants at the perfect time
Turn one was minions + innervate + mark.
Turn two was minions + innervate + Wild.
Turn 3 was Feral.

That's never happened to me before, lol.

He probably conceded turn 3 and blames it on aggro druid doing 10 damage per turn.
Why go out of your way to make up something dumb like this?

Is there any good/fun Oil Rogue decks in Wild?
I've heard of people using the new Valeera DK with it, but no Blade Flurry has limited it quite a bit.

Ladekabel

Other than making it unplayable like Warsong Commander, is one of the cards in the HoF a basic card? I would think they would change or replace it if they ever remove it because it would give a starting Druid player a slight disadvantage by having one less free card at his/her disposal.

kirblar

Other than making it unplayable like Warsong Commander, is one of the cards in the HoF a basic card? I would think they would change or replace it if they ever remove it because it would give a starting Druid player a slight disadvantage by having one less free card at his/her disposal.
I don't think so, and this is a good reason to do the "replenish 2 crystals" change instead of HoFing it.

Nachos

Oh yeah, I agree that any patches are likely going to be at least 2-ish months away. I just meant that even if they were to suddenly speed the process up, there's no way it'd be out by the end of this month, even were there unanimous agreement about the change.

But have there never been any nerfs leading up to the Blizzcon tournaments before? I'd imagine that if they were going to push for changes, they'd want want them out before then.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Meta is so greedy right now. Currently trying to build a deck to punish everyone for holding 10 cards every turn.

wiibomb

Checking on kibler's top 5 cards, I completely agree. I saw that he doesn't have UI, but my guess is that he didn't include it in the list because he thinks the card is going to be nerfed, rendering that to an useless spot on the list eventually.

Lich King surpriced me. The card is actually a much better ysera for a lot of decks. It hits hard and also protects the user. I have personally felt the real despair the few games where I haven't been able to deal with it, not only having that huge body on board is dangerous AF, it also will generate another death knight card, which is just by itself a huge threat (imagine it could be a frostmourne and I just... mourn)

Overall, very good list, defile makes me shiver everytime. I think of defile on games when I'm not even against a warlock, just to try and tech myself to play around it, it defies a different mindset for games with warlock and against warlock.

I am halfway up rank 2, from rank 4, using Mill Rogue. I actually have not lost to a Pirate Warrior yet, and I just beat an Aggro Druid. Shadowblade is SO good against aggro because you get to hit twice but you can keep your health up a bit. I used Envenom Blade in Mill Rogue after the last set, and while it was powerful at controlling the board I usually fell into burst range from taking so many hits. Just stuff like being able to Backstab into Shadowblade a Berserker is game-changing.

Valeera DK is on another level in Mill Rogue. Once you get her into play, every Sludge Belcher is 2. Every Antique Healbot is 2. Every Coldlight Oracle is 2. I even had a match where I played Antique Healbot, my opponent couldn't kill it behind the Sludge Belcher, and so on my next turn I was able to N'Zoth and then double Shadowstep, with the second Shadowstep being a free one from Valeera DK - that's another 8 health the DK hero power gave to me. And since the deck runs double Vanish, you're never going to get punished for playing the DK. On multiple games I have went:

1) Valeera DK (end turn).
2) Opponent plays a bunch of stuff.
3) Coldlight, Free Coldlight, Prep, Vanish.

So now that free DK I got from the DK hero power is a real and permanent one in my hand, I just wiped the board, and I on my next turn I will be able to cast 3 Coldlights because I get ANOTHER free one. WOW. The Valeera DK just improves the deck's consistency, fluidity, and number of answers to the 10th degree. I'm always looking for her in any matchup. Just a fantastic card, and the first time I've crafted a cardly early on in the expansion without regretting it. Even if Mill Rogue ends up mediocre in the end, she's just a lot of fun and very interesting to play.

Now why couldn't all of the DK cards be as fun and interesting as Rexxar and Valeera?

Meta is so greedy right now. Currently trying to build a deck to punish everyone for holding 10 cards every turn.
Play Jade Druid.

See nothing but Priests with Skulking Geist.

Play Mill Rogue.

See nothing but aggro and midrange.

I did not get to play a whole lot today before the reset, so made a Wild Pirate Warrior deck with an hour left, and jumped for Rank 20 to 15 in less than an hour. A few more bits of gold added to my collection. 1100 now

I did not notice many Druid on that climb. Maybe Wild is a safe haven from them for a while? Wild Pirate Rogue seemed strong though.

This expansion was the first time I've been motivated enough to actually go for rank 5 and I got it relatively quickly(played a bunch of different fun decks but Murloc Paladin got me there really fast with like a 10 win streak). I already wasn't feeling the grind to legend but with like 80% of my matchups being either aggro or jade druid it's incredibly unfun to play right now unless I want to try out a fun deck I saw on a stream. I guess you could argue whether Druid is really that strong but the frequency of druids in high ranks speaks for itself, changes needed soon.

I'm also watching Dog stream at the same time and it's like 90% fucking druids in legend as well.

I've played a mix of:
Dragon Mage (clunky as hell)
Midrange DK/N'Zoth Hunter (fun but not good, don't put N'Zoth and DK in the same deck, DK gives you all the value you need)
Dragon Priest (Haven't played this much but it's really good and pretty cheap as well)
Evolve Shaman (A lot of my wins came from a combination of Flametongue and Bloodlust so I didn't have that much fun, I'll have to revisit this with a slower list)
Murloc Paladin (strong as hell obviously)
Control DK Warlock (good deck and fun to play)

Top Bottom