• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus to announce 2017 Japan slate this Sunday

sinonobu

Banned
I didn't know that. I could be another second game with a similar concept and gameplay, no matter if both games are related or not in story concept, like in SMT games in general.

The following user gives you a good answer ;-)

I mean that's what Atlus has stated on releasing P5 on Vita not me.

duckroll

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I dunno why I misread it on my phone earlier. But I looked at it again and it says Yoko Shimomura is making a video appearance (as in, she's not attending the live event). That absolutely does not say piano. I'm going to lie down now.

Tunoku

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I dunno why I misread it on my phone earlier. But I looked at it again and it says Yoko Shimomura is making a video appearance (as in, she's not attending the live event). That absolutely does not say piano. I'm going to lie down now.

Genuinely curious, why would she even make a video appearance? What's her relationship with Atlus games specifically?

i cant imagine there would be that many games to announce if they're for 2017

that aren't 3ds games, so i expect like 3 3ds games an update to vanillaware's 13 sentinel's
and that's really it

poncle

Always looking forward some announcements from Atlus, here's hoping for some Vanillaware goodness.
I must say I miss the old days when they used to publish a lot of rpgs from minor studios though. Would love to see some random gem like Brigandine or Eternal Poison again.

butman

My guess.

13 sentinels (ps vita / ps4)

SMT V 3ds

SMT V HD (PS4, Switch)

Persona 5 Portable (Switch)

Persona 5 Spinoff (PS4)

Radiant Historia Remake (3ds)

I also think that SMT HD will be on PS4. The image clearly say HD Project and the other say 3DS. If it's exclusive it would say SWITCH project. We're talking about the 25 anniversary of the franchise.

SMT-25th-Projects.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Atlus seems used to release games later on in a console's lifecycle. We have Persona 4 as a big example, but on a smaller scale Devil Survivor 2 was released in Japan on July 21st, 2011, well before the port of the first one on 3DS (September 1st, 2011).

For 3DS, we know for sure about Radiant Historia and SMT. I doubt a classic Etrian Odyssey will be among them: IIRC, the producers said V would've been the last EO on 3DS.

It should be time for 13 Sentinels to show up again too (I'd love for a Switch version to happen, but I suppose the chances are slim due to possible development slowness of any kind).

Anyone with an idea of what could be possibly announced for PS platforms, aside from 13 Sentinels? Project Re Fantasy (platforms unknown) is extremely early (aren't they still recruiting stuff?) and certainly not 2017. The same for SMT Switch (which could be multiplatform, given the HD moniker on the website).

Quoting myself to see what others think could be announced + a source for what I stated earlier about Etrian Odyssey

http://personacentral.com/etrian-odyssey-v-likely-last-numbered-3ds-eo-game/

EDIT: It actually states the last "numbered" EO game, so a spin-off could still be for 3DS, I suppose.

My guess.

13 sentinels (ps vita / ps4)

SMT V 3ds

SMT V HD (PS4, Switch)

Persona 5 Portable (Switch)

Persona 5 Spinoff (PS4)

Radiant Historia Remake (3ds)
Why would they announce a portable version of a game not yet released in all markets? Why attack their own sales?

zeromcd73

Why would they announce a portable version of a game not yet released in all markets? Why attack their own sales?
Atlus not only announced, but released Persona 3 Fes in Japan before NA/EU even got the original Persona 3. Sure it isn't portable, but still an updated version. I was even checking through old gaf archives and found this funny thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134161

Maybe they care more now tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

duckroll

It's an SMT spin off. What are you guys arguing about?

It's not an argument. Someone suggested that they hoped the "SMT 3DS" project teased on the Japanese anniversary site is Devil Survivor 3. We're just pointing out it's not possible because the Japanese branding is very specific. SMT means SMT. Devil Survivor is not SMT.

artsi

Atlus not only announced, but released Persona 3 Fes in Japan before NA/EU even got the original Persona 3. Sure it isn't portable, but still an updated version. I was even checking through old gaf archives and found this funny thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134161

Maybe they care more now tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol duckroll's comment is still valid 11 years later considering heavy delays in their localizations.

This is a sign from the heavens. All SMT fans should just learn Japanese!

It's an SMT spin off. What are you guys arguing about?

It's not a Shin Megami Tensei game.

In Japan, Shin Megami Tensei means the mainline games, not any related titles. Persona, Devil Survivor, etc are not considered Shin Megami Tensei titles. So when Atlus says they have a Shin Megami Tensei game for 3DS, you can bet that means something related to the mainline series (like a new Strange Journey, a remake of I & II, etc), not something like Devil Survivor which has never been referred to as Shin Megami Tensei in Japan.

Ravage

But people are port begging for everything?

Pretty sure it's because there's way more begging for Switch ports of PS4 games than the other way around.

You hardly see posts asking for multiplatform release of Devil Survival or Etrian Odyssey for example.

Clov

SMT 1, 2 and SJ for 3DS and I am happy.

Eh, I'd want If included in there at least. Preferably Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei as well, but that's technically not SMT...

No matter what, I'd love an opportunity to play through SMT 1 and 2 on my 3DS, so hopefully this will pan out.

Top Bottom