• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Mory Dunz

He messed up, but Martial did better there.

Dab Prince scores.

Martial looks like he's just trying too hard. Good skill to get that assist tho.

I'd rather him try to hard, than come 1v1 vs someone he should beat, and pass out of it like all last year

That Mark Samson thing is crazy how they didn’t sack him when the scandal broke, I mean the FA binned off Sam Allardyce very quickly over his thing that turned out to be fuck all (which I doubt anyone can even remember any details about other than that he enjoys a pint of wine).

I’d have imagined the England women’s team manager would have been very low on the list of people they’d be willing to cover up for.

Mory Dunz

That Mark Samson thing is crazy how they didn’t sack him when the scandal broke, I mean the FA binned off Sam Allardyce very quickly over his thing that turned out to be fuck all (which I doubt anyone can even remember any details about other than that he enjoys a pint of wine).

I’d have imagined the England women’s team manager would have been very low on the list of people they’d be willing to cover up for.

wait what'd he do?

Mory Dunz

Aside from allegations of racism? The FA have said there is very clear evidence of misconduct in a previous role and have terminated his contract immediately.

yea, dang I just googled it. Inappropiate relationships with players at Bristol, 16-19yo I believe.

He always struck me as kind of creepy tbh. But then again a few of the young male coaches in women's soccer do.

Beefy

yea, dang I just googled it. Inappropiate relationships with players at Bristol, 16-19yo I believe.

He always struck me as kind of creepy tbh. But then again a few of the young male coaches in women's soccer do.

The allegations relate to Sampson's time at Bristol Academy, where he worked first with 10- to 16-year-olds at the club's centre of excellence and later as the senior first-team coach. The allegations were made by more than one player and are said by the FA chairman, Greg Clarke, to range from the ”trivial to the very serious".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/20/mark-sampson-leave-england-womens-manager

Please don't be underage shit.

Mory Dunz

The allegations relate to Sampson's time at Bristol Academy, where he worked first with 10- to 16-year-olds at the club's centre of excellence and later as the senior first-team coach. The allegations were made by more than one player and are said by the FA chairman, Greg Clarke, to range from the ”trivial to the very serious".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/20/mark-sampson-leave-england-womens-manager

and apparently when Aluko and co accused him of racism they were attacked...

Syder

The allegations relate to Sampson’s time at Bristol Academy, where he worked first with 10- to 16-year-olds at the club’s centre of excellence and later as the senior first-team coach. The allegations were made by more than one player and are said by the FA chairman, Greg Clarke, to range from the “trivial to the very serious”.

Crazy how the FA gave out hush-hush money over racism but when it seems like he might be a paedo the alarms start blaring. The FA needs to be gutted from top to bottom.

The allegations relate to Sampson’s time at Bristol Academy, where he worked first with 10- to 16-year-olds at the club’s centre of excellence and later as the senior first-team coach. The allegations were made by more than one player and are said by the FA chairman, Greg Clarke, to range from the “trivial to the very serious”.

Woah I didn’t know that, what the fuck.

Zasa

Holy shit that is just horrible. Wow.

Man

Syder

On his twitter bio Mark Sampson describes himself as a 'family man', which we all know is the hallmark of a closeted deplorable human being.

On a lighter note I don’t think I’ve seen anyone for a long time look far and away the best player on the pitch but also be kind of shite like Martial in this game 🤔 (I imagine neymars shit French league games will be like that)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

We're so shite

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

tomtom94

Like they've admitted he blurred the line between player and coach and he was an academy coach, I'm not quite sure what else there can be.

Jesus, I thought Sampson was just an idiot who probably didn't realise how racist he was being, never expected anything like this and I doubt Aluko did either. Just on a whole other level.

Zasa

That Sané finish though.
Aye, see the best of what he's capable of when he's played on the right imo. Where he cuts in with ease & opens his body up so quickly. Wonder if Pep will play him on the right more consistently this season now that Mendy is there to provide the width, crosses, etc.

Those Sané at Schalke finishes >

Syder

Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United

tenor.gif

Worse draw we could've got. Typical. What a fixture list to start the season with...

And holy hell I didn't know that Sampson was a youth team coach at Bristol...

And Glenn said there's no evidence of criminal activity? Even if he abused minors in a position of authority, which is looking like is what happened?

What kind of circus is the FA running?

Top Bottom