• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

Kinsei

Banned
This will be me.

LRZwzN5.gif

Actually this will be me.

1351621145_showoff_fighter_gets_knocked_out.gif

"Are you ready? Let's take up ARMS!"

Very excited for the test punch! Hope it's just as smooth as the splatoon 2 testfire was for me.

Not much to discuss until this gets underway of course, but I'm super excited for this! Something about the combination of a new paradigm for fighting game mechanics + amazing character designs and presentation + Nintendo level quality...has got me pumped.

Let's take up arms!

Neiteio

Some thought it was a bit of a stretch, but ya gotta hand it to Nintendo: This game's reach has grown considerably since the Direct, and if I were to go out on a limb, I'd say Nintendo has a real knockout on their hands

Doorman

Hell yeah I am in for this. I'm sure it'll probably take me two or three of these sessions just to come to (thumbs-up) grips with the controls but after seeing all the footage and info I'm super-curious to find out just how the game looks and feels when you're playing it for yourself.

Shame about no B&B since I'm probably most curious to see how they play, but I'm sure I'll try out plenty of others in the meantime.

Some thought it was a bit of a stretch, but ya gotta hand it to Nintendo: This game's reach has grown considerably since the Direct, and if I were to go out on a limb, I'd say Nintendo has a real knockout on their hands

2/10

I will definitely try this and post my impressions as someone who thinks the game has looked really dumb since reveal. Can't beat the price of free.99 tho

Hattori

Banned
needs more mayo

They did well with the Direct.

Now they just need the Testpunch to go well.

DMONKUMA

.....goddamnit

Ribbon Girls special ability seems one of the best out of the entire roster of characters imo.

The fact she can land real quickly from a jump seems really helpful.

Wamb0wneD

Ribbon Girls special ability seems one of the best out of the entire roster of characters imo.

The fact she can land real quickly from a jump seems really helpful.

For high level play probably. Her's and NInjara's definetly look like the most powerful. Need to see the newly announced ones in action tho.

For high level play probably. Her's and NInjara's definetly look like the most powerful. Need to see the newly announced ones in action tho.

I also feel Helix will be a high tier character only because of how elastic he is. A good player can definitely use his elasticity to dodge real easily.

Neiteio

I also feel Helix will be a high tier character only because of how elastic he is. A good player can definitely use his elasticity to dodge real easily.
Master Mummy is a super-armored tank with a healing guard. Could make for clutch comebacks in the hands of a patient player.

galvatron

Thank goodness for donkey show. I completely forgot the times were announced in PDT. Haven't been up that early on a Saturday in a long time. Can't wait to try the game!

ZeroX03

Banned
Jeez those times are inconvenient. I'm not sure why Nintendo's betas are so restricted. An extra hour or two either way would really help.

Top Bottom