• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

Needs a countdown timer :D

Countdown clocks for weekend 1:

Round 1:
t1495843200z0.png

Round 2:
t1495886400z0.png

Round 3:
t1495908000z0.png

Round 4:
t1495929600z0.png

Round 5:
t1495972800z0.png

Round 6:
t1495994400z0.png

[Edit] Well, close enough to the top of the page.

Neiteio

So if you show up for each one, this is effectively a 12-hour demo, correct?

edit: Wait, I think I misread this. Just six hours, right?

jwillenn

Excellent! I'm going to try to make all sessions, but I do not want to miss any big matches from Combo Breaker.

What will you do in each session? I will try to test out each fighter in the first and second session to get the hang of them, then I will throw myself into the crowd to embarrass myself :)

Won't be able to play the first round, but I'm looking forward to playing this weekend. Game has been a day 1 for me since I tried the first demo.

Edit: also will be playing Helix and Springman. Best bros.

Neiteio

Don't know if this is true, but here's an article claiming the download size of the full game isn't much bigger than the testpunch, just 2.2 GB: http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/05/24/arms-download-size-on-the-nintendo-switch-isn-t-that-bad/
I imagine the data for the Testpunch pretty much features the whole game, even though we can't access most of it. Reason I say this: If you wait at the title screen, there are randomly generated attract reels showing every character, stage and mode in the game.

B00TE

I imagine the data for the Testpunch pretty much features the whole game, even though we can't access most of it. Reason I say this: If you wait at the title screen, there are randomly generated attract reels showing every character, stage and mode in the game.

I've been leaving that attract screen up while doing other things all this week, I absolutely love that it's a thing.

Neiteio

I've been leaving that attract screen up while doing other things all this week, I absolutely love that it's a thing.
Yeah, I keep booting up the Testpunch to watch the attract reels between rounds of Thumper, Puyo Puyo Tetris and Mario Kart. It's good stuff, and the music is siiiiiiiick!

maks

p2yo6zN.png

Thanks to Dystify for the schedule.

Am i following this right? Lets say im in Los Angeles and i can play on May 27. Is this saying round 2, 3, 4 is all happening on May 27? If true, then that means Los Angeles doesnt have any rounds on May 29 or June 5.

Soon

dXxCwTE.gif

I'd added the countdown clocks from Delusibeta to the OP as well.

Am i following this right? Lets say im in Los Angeles and i can play on May 27. Is this saying round 2, 3, 4 is all happening on May 27? If true, then that means Los Angeles doesnt have any rounds on May 29 or June 5.

This version of the schedule might help:

VjeRaOR.png

Shahadan

Yes since timezones make it so America is technically playing on a different day.
Same way Europe can't play on May 26 or June 2 since it'll be May 27th and June 3rd there

Shahadan

ARMSGAF, I am hype. Holy shit, we are about to play this game.

#dx;pofcijuhbgfsc;jibsz;igjbrgi dvbcfihb

Looking forward to a lot of "that's it?" or "only one hour? How dumb can nintendo be?????" and "I don't like motion controls, pass" shitposts.

spekkeh

Banned
Damn, Nintendo took the worst weekend possible in (northern) Europe. It's Saturday and 30 degrees, people too busy being on the beach and barbecuing. Maybe Sunday evening.

moozoom

For French GAF here is the schedule straight from Nintendo france :

Samedi 27 mai

02:00 - 02:59

14:00 - 14:59

20:00 - 20:59​

Dimanche 28 mai

Samedi 3 juin

Dimanche 4 juin

With daylight savings I always miss the right time of these events (T_T), so here are the right times. Can't wait, I couldn't try this game at the switch event before launch.

Dystify

Why does this use a 24hr clock just sometimes? It makes it super confusing.

I used AM/PM for NA cause that's what they use over there. Other countries use the 24 hour clock. (I did make a mistake and put Australia as 24 hour clock when their standard time uses AM/PM too.)

Top Bottom