• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] PS Plus games for June: Killing Floor 2 + Life is Strange

Kasper

As someone who hated the first Killing Floor, is the second one worth giving a look, or is it more of the same?

Life is Strange is really good, the twist in the middle floored me!

Cmon man!!!

771b82bfda16a94d8688c589e50c1469.jpg

KF2 played well on OG PS4 when it was still in beta. I have it on PC but I'm glad a lot more people get to try it.

It's not like Left 4 Dead. Summary:
- Pick from a selection of classes with a basic perk tree. There are level ups.
- It's a wave based shooter, not Left 4 Dead. Survive a wave, go to shop, repeat.
- There is always a boss at the last wave.

It's a simple formula executed really well. I have almost 200 hours on the series now. It's a lot funner with friends.

Do not play on higher difficulties if you're underwhelmed, unless everyone else is overleveled and can carry you. You will just die over and over.

westman

Is there really any reason for doubt here? It's posted as an announcement from the official (and verified) Playstation Turkey account. Perhaps they posted it too early by mistake, but I don't really see how they could be mistaken about the games.

Turkey ps+ past games match up with past NA months?

Oh, I was thinking about the EU. Although the lineup for EU and NA has been almost the same lately (Alienation/Abzû last month being a rare exception).

GunBR

Always wanted to try Life is Strange, so that's great

Killing Floor 2 looked okay in the beta, gonna give another chance now

GunBR

Wow if this true then Sony weren't lying about the PSN Plus getting big overhaul and many surprises.
I'm really happy with these games, but I'm pretty sure that Life is Strange and Killing Floor will be considered a "meh" month to a lot of people (specially outside of GAF)

I'm really happy with these games, but I'm pretty sure that Life is Strange and Killing Floor will be considered a "meh" month to a lot of people (specially outside of GAF)

This is still better than many months Sony did. If they continue like this I will be pleased.

Mr. Hyde

I own life is strange on steam but I don't own killing floor 2 anywhere. This is great if true. A good game to play on voice chat with a couple friends.

Played the beta for KF2, it had some jank but I still had a lot of fun killing hordes. I hope these rumors are true, this would be an awesome month for me for sure.

wenaldy

I got LiS last month (PSN Asia). I already own KF2, shit was addicting and if the rumors are true i hope the "Zedconomies" will emerge.

Assanova

No, it was/still is free for everyone, on all platforms. It functions as a trial for the whole season, so obviously this would be whole season free on PS+.

Well, that is garbage. Anyone who wanted it would have bought it after playing the first episode, me being one of them.

Bert

Played through LiS with my wife, to be honest it felt extremely cheesy from a story perspective, I really don't go for that Japanese anime style TBH. The game itself was OK.

Killing Floor looks alright, but single player only sucks balls, doubt I'll play it much in that case.

Ah well, I've enjoyed the last few months, can't win them all.

StereoVsn

LiS is certainly a great game but I already have it and have no interest in KF2. Well, can't have a winner every month (for me, I am sure plenty of others will enjoy these games).

bombshell

Played through LiS with my wife, to be honest it felt extremely cheesy from a story perspective, I really don't go for that Japanese anime style TBH. The game itself was OK.

Killing Floor looks alright, but single player only sucks balls, doubt I'll play it much in that case.

Ah well, I've enjoyed the last few months, can't win them all.

Killing Floor 2 has both co-op and PvP.

void666

Banned
KF2 played well on OG PS4 when it was still in beta. I have it on PC but I'm glad a lot more people get to try it.

It's not like Left 4 Dead. Summary:
- Pick from a selection of classes with a basic perk tree. There are level ups.
- It's a wave based shooter, not Left 4 Dead. Survive a wave, go to shop, repeat.
- There is always a boss at the last wave.

It's a simple formula executed really well. I have almost 200 hours on the series now. It's a lot funner with friends.

Do not play on higher difficulties if you're underwhelmed, unless everyone else is overleveled and can carry you. You will just die over and over.

Man, i wish we had Left 4 Dead 3 or something similar on consoles.

Anyway, KF2 is a solid title and a fun game to play with friends.

Fisty

Hopefully this means there will be a content drop in KF2, I would love to jump back in to the game with the new wave of players, but I've already gone through everything that's there now

Life is strange is the best Telltale game ever, and Telltale had nothing to do with it.

It's full of Twin Peaks references too, which is probably why they've gone with it this month.

No idea re: Killing Floor 2 though - please tell me it's not yet another top down indie shooter because PS Plus has had more than its fair share of those.

Elandyll

Banned
Somehow I had written off KF2 has competitive online MP only, but it's actually solo or coop with a story?

I am therefore intrigued (even if not a big fan of shooters)..Already have LiS, but never finished it. Will be a good incentive to do so.

Moofers

I'd love to see this be true. While I already own both games, I'd be thrilled to see them reach a wider audience as they both richly deserve it.

Top Bottom