• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

respawn mite wanna look into releasing a f2p version of frontier defence with a prolonged grind or something, a la the cheapo version of r6 siege

That really expensive harvester shield boost that no one saves up for (rightfully so in easy/regular) -- really useful when you have 5 Nuke Legions getting through those tanks that pushed up too far.

real talk: even on regular, if i see dudes neglecting mortar spawns on wargames even once, i'll save up for that damn thing >____>

real talk: even on regular, if i see dudes neglecting mortar spawns on wargames even once, i'll save up for that damn thing >____>

Ive never bought that thing...mostly because if it gets down to that point where the harvester is being blasted by 5-6 titans, the team blows and a few seconds of invulnerability wont help.

Hah yeah that's the exception.

Ive never bought that thing...mostly because if it gets down to that point where the harvester is being blasted by 5-6 titans, the team blows and a few seconds of invulnerability wont help.

In hard and master, it can really make a difference even when the team sucks. The best scenario is if there are two or three nuke legions about to go off near the harvester, you pop the boost to avoid the largest bit of damage and hope to god you can clean up any others around.

EDIT: Update details & trailer tomorrow: https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/899677707058855936?s=09

welp
as is, FD

Ion: pretty fun, even if i'm not sure if tripmines are really worth a damn. Vortex shield is.... god damn terrific, really. Split shot keeps the gameplay varied.
Scorch: <3
Tone: I really like tone's flow, what with the shield, 12 shots, and missile barrage. Has the best constant DD flow.
Northstar: changed massively after i got faster charge, but pretty one note. Get a good position, snipe for days, rush during lulls to place some mines.
Ronin: Nonstop Frantic Action. Seems to start falling apart with hard, but, welp, thats wot nuke kit is for.
Monarch: buffbot. Pretty handy, really. Running a fartcloud spec, getting heals and closing down a lane like that little curve after the tunnel in blackwater canal feels great.

Legion: gods above is this fucker boring.

do feel that tone and scorch are the most consistently enjoyable.

So the next update looks like it'll have a new live fire map and the a-wall execution. Jayfresh also confirmed that more FD maps are part of the update too.

Greedings

I see a lot of gen 14+ players using legion in pvp...why?

Also, I bought those new weapon skins, but they don't seem to apply. It just switches back to the factory issue, I can't see the skin and I don't get the Xp.

Greedings

Thanks. I can wreck Titans as North, but I really struggle to pick off pilots, and tend to rely on the cluster or just meleeing them.

Need to work on it, she's pretty fun to use and because of my weakness, my least used titan.

But so are other titans that are infinitely more fun to play.

Legion is viable at nearly all ranges with great survivability.
Close range? change masheengun, pewpew. Real close range? r1 to knock that ronin fucker back
Medium to long range? change masheengun, pewpew. Pop r1 when out of cooldown to hit weakspot for massive dmg.
Pilots nearby? Spray and Pray the bastards down.

Whatever legion faces, it can, at the very least, harass.

Boring? Supremely. Alas, also effective.

plus fireshield melts drones and close reavers.

Quite annoying how many people sleep on that. Sit on lane, melt the flying cretins.

Yea, on homestead I always camp behind that spire and wait to see where the drones are going, then step out and head shield and let them run into me. A Scorch and a couple turrets can easily deal with all the drones pretty quickly.

New trailer is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbdQPdaPme4

FNN too: http://www.respawn.com/frontier-news-network-08-22-2017-postcards-from-the-frontier

EDIT: this is an amazing banner:

Blog_Header.jpg

Available next Tuesday.
Great, thanks.

Had no idea this was even coming. And 3 "new" maps? Lovely.

Gotta admit though, when I started the trailer I thought they were just adding a photomode. I don't have any interest in the live-fire mode, but its cool to see them continue to support that option. Makes me wonder whether there is a chance they could repurpose those maps too for a pilot-only version of Frontier Defense. Why not? Frontier Defense is pretty stacked towards Titans, so it could make a nice changeup.

Also, is there a thread up on this? New news and all. Found out about it randomly on my YouTube feed.

Somebody posted a thread, but it's not that big of an update compared to the last one so it got buried. Respawn only teased the DLC update yesterday and released the trailer and FNN today.

Raide

Damn, so addicted to FD. Really good and fast way to rank your weapons etc. Unlocked Monarch a while back and its an interesting Titan to play with. Like it as a support Titan zapping teammates.

finally booted this game up after a many many month break, enjoying it MUCH more now that R1 is completely out of my mind for comparison.

how's the community? seems all the playlists are gone and it's just mixtape and frontier defense?

ed: on PC i mean, i play on PC

how's the community? seems all the playlists are gone and it's just mixtape and frontier defense?

ed: on PC i mean, i play on PC
3000 players or so, which is much better than it was a few months ago

Mixtape is also much better option for a playerbase of this size since everyone can queue up for whatever mode they want and not have to be stuck on a 5-10 minute long lobby story for Hardpoint. Most matches will be Attrition, but no long wait times

3000 players or so, which is much better than it was a few months ago

Mixtape is a much better option for a playerbase of this size since everyone can queue up for whatever mode they want and not have to be stuck on a 5-10 minute long lobby story for Hardpoint

cool, not bad.

so about the same [or slightly better] than R1 was... wish more people played, this game is SICK!

population any better on xbone?

could always pick it up once i get the one X in november if it's worth it...

For the Defence mode, is there more variation on the higher difficulties?

Mortar spectres gain hard cover on Hard and above.

Stalkers are equipped with EPG on Hard and above.

Grunt squad gain frontal shield on Master and Insane.

More enemies on Master and Insane.

No radar and no Titan type icon on Insane.

Less money on Master and Insane.

Raide

Huh interesting. Thanks for that!

O.DOGG

In addition to those, enemy titans employ skills more intelligently (I haven't seen them use core yet, maybe on Insane?) and I'm pretty sure they have higher HP; or you do less damage to them, I'm not sure which.

In addition to those, enemy titans employ skills more intelligently (I haven't seen them use core yet, maybe on Insane?) and I'm pretty sure they have higher HP; or you do less damage to them, I'm not sure which.

Titans never use cores. And yes, one more bar of HP per each level of difficulty.

Playing Hard on FD is too easy these days with a good team. I wish I could try out Master and Insane but I can never find a game :(

I hear you. Well if you're on PS4, I'm looking for a group to run master and insane. The new maps dropping this coming week should also help bring in new life to the mode.

respawn mite wanna look into releasing a f2p version of frontier defence with a prolonged grind or something, a la the cheapo version of r6 siege

Imagining frontier defense with a longer grind hurts my soul.

How's everybody doing :p

So what happened to the high TTK stuff? Did they make it the official version yet? Did people end up liking it?

Did they release a road Map yet?

They half assed it. TTK is largely the same but they made minor adjustments to aim assist.

I didn't

Nothing since they released the one a while ago. I imagine they're winding things down now.

Hm.

If there's a Titanfall 3, I think they'll at least do better maps, higher TTK, and all that. Seems like they learned a lot of important stuff. The game hasn't surged in player base has it? I recall PS4 was around 6-15K.

Hm.

If there's a Titanfall 3, I think they'll at least do better maps, higher TTK, and all that. Seems like they learned a lot of important stuff. The game hasn't surged in player base has it? I recall PS4 was around 6-15K.

There was an uptick in players when FD released, but it seems to have settled back to where it was previously. Matchmaking is taking a bit longer since it feels like a good portion is still into FD.

Top Bottom